Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

Shilakadaddy's G60

yum! looks superb mate, just needs a set of smoked/red rear lights as a finishing touch! (I may well be selling mine soon!)

Shilakadaddy, WOW!

that REALLY does look absolutely awesome.. and may even be my fave C EVER!.. red C's kick ass :wink:

will be so proud if i ever get my C looking that good.

Thanks Jim! :)

I do enjoy the red... however I think wheels suit the aqua blue better (Bally's car basically).. but its certainly a huge improvement on my old wheels, which were definitely looking a little worse for ware.

they do look cool on yr car mate, cheers :-)

Thanks guys all very kind comments 8)

Fitted my Red Top Injectors and SNS Chip today... hasn't made a huge difference, although I do think it pulls better and smoother throughout the whole rev range, so I'm pretty pleased :) I think the only thing I'm gonna be doing to the engine for a while is get an RS outlet... I've been spending wayyyy too much money on my car recently and think I need to give my credit card a break :oops:

Update:

Thought I might as well post some pictures of what I've been up to over the past couple of weeks... nothing that exciting to look at, but I took pictures anyway :)

I swapped my old spec dash for dubsters late spec dash - I still need to sort the wiring of everything, but it'll do for now...

Before:

Mid Way: (The boost return sounded awesome when the car was in this state!)

After:

To be honest I'd say this wasn't worth doing, although I do MUCH prefer the look of the new door cards... and it'll all look better once I get some shiney things, and gauges installed 8)

Along with changing my dash, I've been busy soundproofing my boot... thought I might as well do that while the interior was out. As mentioned in another thread I still need to do some serious de-rattling, however the addition of the soundproofing has made a difference to the overall noise levels... all road noise now sounds like its coming from the doors (which I haven't done yet), so I'll get them sorted, and hopefully I'll have a quiet car :)

Cool, I'd agree about the dash. Not really worth the effort for the sake of a few switches but it does look a bit better.

I'd get some matting down floor where the seats go too mate to quieten exhaust boom. Good work!

Quick Update:

I installed an RSR Outlet kit obtained from G-Werks yesterday and have to say I'm pretty pleased with the results...

With everything like this, I can never tell if its actually made a difference or whether I'm just imagining it... but since installing the new outlet, the car feels like it has more power at the top of the rev range, and pulls right up to the red line. I did a boost check a while ago (after getting my supercharger rebuilt) and got a reading of 1950, which I thought was a little low, and that maybe I had a leak... So after installing this I figured I should do another one, and this time I got a reading of 1990 :) This new figure was obtained right before the redline (further than I usually rev my car) so I'm not sure if I've got more boost due to actually eliminating a leak, or whether i'd just revved the car more... but I'm still happy :)

Anyway, I've attached a couple of pictures... looks like I could use a new radiator housing thing :lol:

Chris

Thats looking very nice mate... how easy is it to fit the alu bezel rings on the clocks? Am planning to get some for mine - I've put silver bolts into my momo boss which will compliment them well 8)

very very nice mate.

Those wheels set the car off a treat. I will be will pleased if my car turns out anything like yours.

Well played

Thanks guys :)

The dial rings were bought from Germany:

http://www.tachoringe.de/catalog/defaul ... Path=34_21

Don't wanna take business away from DDI, but they're a lot cheaper buying from germany than from the US. They weren't too hard to fit (not a perfect fit mind you) - I just used some of those sticky fixer pad things.

Stay tuned for interior stuff, theres more to come (I'm yet to fit my DDI dials, and some other gauges I bought from the US), so when they arrive the interior will be a bit more interesting :D

Finally fitted my DDI dials!! My speedo's well out, over-reading so not too bad... but they look niiiiiiiice 8) As you can see I need to sort the needles out, but I can still see them at night, so not urgent. Also need to change the filter on the digital screens so the red is better matched with the red on the dials, but overall I'm well chuffed! :D

Got my gauges to fit soon too, hopefully they'll match as well I've hoped...

Chris, when you removed the speedo needle did you lift it over the 0 - stop pin and let it stop naturally. If not, when you put the needle back on it will not be in the right place, hence the over reading.

Jay

yeah I forgot to do that :oops: I took the extra travel into account so didn't replace the needle right where it was pointing before, but a bit lower.. but obviously not quite right still. I'll just have to follow someone and see how far out it is.. I think its about 5mph

most of the ones I've done so far point almost exactly at the lower left corner (where the curve meets the flat bottom) when lifted over the stop and allowed to rest naturally... ;)

Car's looking VERY nice Chris... 8)

Liking the dials mate! They do look very good! Liking the BBS RCs too....did you know they are/were the lightest production 17" wheel in the world at 16lbs?

My only reservation with them was the lack of needle illumination, which is why I didn't get them.

How are the needles illuminated in the car they were copied from? Must be a better way that gluing UV tubes to the instrument cluster?

Liking the dials mate! They do look very good! Liking the BBS RCs too....did you know they are/were the lightest production 17" wheel in the world at 16lbs?

My only reservation with them was the lack of needle illumination, which is why I didn't get them.

How are the needles illuminated in the car they were copied from? Must be a better way that gluing UV tubes to the instrument cluster?

I knew they were supposed to be light for a 17" wheel... but had no idea they were actually the lightest in the world! I'll remember to apprieciate them 8)

Not sure where DDI got the design for the gauges, but zarman did come up with a much better solution - using the needles out of a porsche 996:

porscheneedles.jpg

Unfortunately I don't think this is cheap... $200 is the figure zarman quoted :shock: but I'm sure there'll be an audi or something I can get some needles from for a bit cheaper (I hope) and I'll have a play on fitting them to my spare clocks I have :)

Once again, thanks for the words of encouragement guys 8)

Update:

Quick trip to the bodyshop to get some rust sorted on the rear arch, and I thought I'd rid of the badges... smoooooooooth :) next on the list is all red rear lights.

I also wanted to get the arches rolled, but the bodyshop fella was saying it could cost up to £800 to get all 4 done!! :shock: He didn't actually have the special rolling tool to do it, so wasn't actually quoting that much, but simply suggesting it could cost that much. How much have others paid to have this done?

Cheers, Chris