Sign in to follow this  
g-master

Bmw 330d !!!

ok just wondering who's had a go at one of these, i was behind one tonight and that's where i stayed behind it! on a daul carriage way from about 80 upwards bloody quick all that torque kicks in and it was gone. anyone know what sort of torque it puts out? i think bhp is about 204. :mad:

The Specs for a 330d are: 0-60 7.2 secs, and 410 Nm Torque, which is about 300 lb/ft to us normal people........

Yeah a friend of mine has a 330 clubsport and that thing shifts! handling aint too shabby either! :wink:

Used to valet cars for a local BM dealers a few years ago and drove one of the 530d's when they came out. Didn't know what engine it was when I first got the keys to it. Was well impressed driving it, all that effortless torque was great fun :-P Even more surprised when I got out the other end and discovered it was a diesel :wink:

The Specs for a 330d are: 0-60 7.2 secs, and 410 Nm Torque, which is about 300 lb/ft to us normal people........

:shock: no wonder i could'nt keep up with it :shock:

I had a similar run in with a 325 recently with much the same result, left him to start but as soon as that torque kicked in... I must say though, that it is always refreshing to find someone who's prepared to drive properly :wink: sometimes playing catch-up is actually a lot more fun than watching people go backwards* :lol:

Oh, and you can't help but notice those Saabs too... properly driven they are real sleepers...

(*the only upside to driving to work at 06.00 in the morning :mrgreen:)

DtM.

yeah id agree with the Saabs, even the tame looking badged SE's have a great dollop of turbo performance, pretty good match for lightly breathed on G60's imo

I guy in a 530d had a go the other week, I eventually managed to out accelerate him and get in front but it was very hard work. It was a new shape 5 series that kicks out 225bhp so they are quick.

Ady

I had my first proper race against a 330d. He flew down a sliproad and joined a motorway I was on- He flew straight into the fast lane obviously having a thrash. We went from 70 to an indicated 144 and the VR stuck like glue to his rear :) I was getting hailed with all the crap those big rear tyres were throwing up off the motorway so I dropped off the gas but he carried on going- he was over the horizon in about a minute so yes- they are pretty quick

I'll just wait until I get the rolling road chip written and then we'll see about 330Ds... ;) :lol: 8)

I don't normally get involved in these situations on the road but I had a go at a 330d yesterday on a dual-carriageway. I was behind him coming down the slipway to join and he floored it, I stayed with him until I decided things were getting silly at about !20mph.

I know he was trying too, kept seeing the odd puff of smoke out the rear pipes.

I was quite surprised that the VR could stay with one of these!

what reg was it? after 03 is 204bhp version, I doubt if a VR could keep with one thru the gears, I had one caught me off guard, I was only doing 50 in 5th tho and he was gone by the time I had even decided that I would catch up with him. Plus if it's been remapped, it will have 400ft/lb of torque! LOL, this will probably have to be my next car I think.

My mate has a 530d (more torque than a 330d) and it's immense. We held it on the brake (auto box) and floored it and it just sat there lighting up both rear tyres. The 535d (3.0 twin turbo) kicks out 400lb/ft torque....but you've got to remember that torque is over a narrow power band and a well driven petrol of similar capacituy can keep up easily. My charged VR makes my mates 530d look fairly silly actually, but he can however, catch me out if I'm in the wrong gear. Past 4000rpm and he has no chance, the VR is way ahead. But, for a diesel, the 530d is one of the quickest around, only Audi's 3.0 TDI comes close.

They have mega sound deadening. Lift the bonnet of a 530d and you're greeted with one big plastic cover and acres of 3 inch thick sound deadening. The entire underside of the engine is completely enclosed with a 3 inch thick plastic undertray with sound absorbent materials. With the bonnet open it's loud as hell......

It was a private plate so not sure what year. I joined the motorway at about 50 and saw him boot it so I changed down to third and used the higher revs. No way would I want to try to out-torque one of these things!!!!

yea thats the new twin turbo 3.0D, 272bhp, and remaps to soemthing like 350bhp and 500ft lb of torque! LOL, think they did a review of the DMS one in EVO and they basically said it was nuts! Should be in the new 3 series aswell!

I chased one to 140mph and then bottled it. He must have been going well over 155mph!!

Have we all been racing the same one?? Or is it in the terms when you buy one that you have to boot it everywhere???

it's all about the torque those puppies twist with.

quick? yes

fun to drive?

well it's different to N/A petrol that's for sure.

horses for courses

and my C looks purtier than a BM 5/3 series

Err, don't think a C looks better then a E46 M3, but I still love mine anyway, and cost me less than a tenth of the price!

I expect the 330D is still fun to drive, it is RWD, well balanced, good steering.