VR6Pete

Corrado VR6 Drop Links

It failed on the drop links too. not noticed that the boot has perished!

So, my question is, where can I get new drop links from?

Cheers :)

Pete

It failed on the drop links too. not noticed that the boot has perished!

So, my question is, where can I get new drop links from?

Cheers :)

Pete

From the VW dealers...the question is how much are they :) I will probably need some myself in the future.

dont mess about with cheap stuff, get to the dealers for all bit like this.

Just happen to have some in my recently delivered parts haul. Number is 535 411 315 £33 each rrp but i get a little discount.

Edited by KIPVW

I got some recently from VW Spares. I went for the Lemforder ones at £12.25+VAT each. They are good quality and come with replacement nuts and bolts. I have found Lemforder kit to be very good quality.

thanks, found them now :) will start contructing a parts list to replace front subframe!

what! £33 each and thats with discount.

Cost me £27 they retail at £33

Considering they have been on the car for 16 years without failure i'll stick with genuine ;)

just realising i got ripped off big time by a garage and droplinks. :mad:

Was the first thing that got changed on the corrado in my ownership, told them to use genuine VW parts and i paid alot more than prices quoted in this thread and it was about 6yrs back

WTF? Last time I asked the dealer for a quote on VR6 droplinks they are £69 a side ...

Cost me £27 they retail at £33

Considering they have been on the car for 16 years without failure i'll stick with genuine ;)

Man after my own heart :D I stuck some nooooo uns on 9 years ago (VAG) and they're still nice and tight :D

I just replaced mine for lemforder ones last month. I'd say stick with OEM ones from the dealer. The drop part is slightly offset on the OE ones, the lemforder ones sit right in the middle. The welds are also very noticably larger and not tidied up afterwards. I got em cos I couldn't justify the £33 each the stealer quoted! Kinda wish I did go with it now, although not really noticable when in place. No tighter or less roll than with the old slightly perished ones tbh.

How do you remove them from the arb? Can't tell where the drop link ends and the bar starts.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

How do you remove them from the arb? Can't tell where the drop link ends and the bar starts

The hex nut is the last part of the drop link, the round section after is all ARB. I used a wire brush lightly to remove the surface rust around the hex nut followed by lots of Plusgas.

Need to add these to the shopping list KIP!!

No worries mate, pop over when you're ready to order ;)