Kevin Bacon

Top 10 cost effective Corrado mods

Kev, can I be cheeky and register interest in this if KAD doesn't want it? Please :)

Duly registered :D

I'm going to have to give daves tunnel repair and short shift a go now.

I forgot to mention earlier. Those who are worried about drilling the floor and / or removing metal to fit the short shift, you really shouldn't. They aren't seen from above and are covered underneath too, plus heat from the exhaust, these areas will never rust. But if you want, you can always spray the bare metal with waxoyl or paint.

One thing I did notice was space was too tight between the seats for a normal tap wrench (Dave supplies the tap and drill for a small additional cost), so you'll either need to take the seats out, or find a stumpy little tap wrench. What did I do? Cut the handles down on my tap wrench, of course :lol:

You can have my Eibach rear if you want mate?

sweet, have sent you a pm mate

The tunnel trim and door handle repair kit from dave16v are spot on, the uprated loom is a must to, and a mod i did myself to save buying new headlights was to make metal brakets to strengthen the plastic ones on the head lights as my drivers one kept breaking even after repairing it!! pic below. would love it if dave16v could reproduce these as i would like them to be a bit more shiny!! nudge nudge dave

Cheers for that! :D

a mod i did myself to save buying new headlights was to make metal brakets to strengthen the plastic ones on the head lights as my drivers one kept breaking even after repairing it!! pic below. would love it if dave16v could reproduce these as i would like them to be a bit more shiny!! nudge nudge dave

Good idea! I'd be up for some of that!

Love the wiper cover, will deffo be investing in that!

I have the B&M shortshifter kit, was on when I bought it. Its much better than standard (drove a few when looking), but is a little too stiff imo. It does kinda give a reassuring clunk when going into gear though. :o

Cut down your handles !!!

I just used a small socket with a long extension on it !

Yandards,have you part numbers for the wishbone protectors ?

Cut down your handles !!!

I just used a small socket with a long extension on it !

Yandards,have you part numbers for the wishbone protectors ?

Wishbone protectors?

I can feel a sprinkling of OEM goodness all over my car coming on :lol:

hmm where can you purchase the wide angle wing mirrors? anyone else recommend these?

Never used Dave's other stuff but the door handle repair kit should earn him godlike status alone! Have always appreciated your efforts for the Corrado community mate!

i will 2nd, 3rd & 4th that notion!!

Thanks to dave i can use my drivers door again!! & im now prepared for when the passenger goes too ;) lol

dave your a diamond!!!

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Black plastic leading edge wishbone protectors, 4 cylinder only and from a mk 3 Golf, massive reduction in the number of stones the end up on top of the wishbone.

I'm not sure they are protectors, I think they're actually air deflectors for the brakes, and I'm sure there's a passat version too which may fit widetrack wishbones.

sweet, have sent you a pm mate

:( Oh well, exhaust rises back up nearer the top of the list :)

:( Oh well, exhaust rises back up nearer the top of the list :)

sorry but you obviously dont know me very well lol, if your intrested get onto the vr6oc as a guy is selling both front and rear eibach arbs for £100, just that i would much rather buy something off kev than somebody i have never met/trust like i do kev.

Does the front arb replace the standard one or is it an extra arb?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Does the front arb replace the standard one or is it an extra arb?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Replace

Dave should do a Corrado starter pack with all his bits and bobs in

Dave should do a Corrado starter pack with all his bits and bobs in

Lol..... Corrado ownership starter pack.

:thumbup: for daves products

The tunnel trim and door handle repair kit from dave16v are spot on, the uprated loom is a must to, and a mod i did myself to save buying new headlights was to make metal brakets to strengthen the plastic ones on the head lights as my drivers one kept breaking even after repairing it!! pic below. would love it if dave16v could reproduce these as i would like them to be a bit more shiny!! nudge nudge dave

Do you have any high res shots you can send me and also some side-on shots?

---------- Post added at 9:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:48 PM ----------

Really appreciate the comments chaps, thanks.

Have 7/10 of Kev's original list. Would add the in-line headlight switch fuse mod - cheap as chips and peace of mind!

Dave's tunnel fix is just brilliant. Also done handle repair, uprated headlight loom, Lupo GTI wipers, all of which are great easy mods.

Another member of the Dave appreciation society!

where do i get the TT wiper conversion from:cheers:

The Audi dealers!! :)