corrado_sunderland

Any other R/C aircraft nerds out there

Well i used to fly alot years ago and just got back into it now for something to fill my time in (my new gf lives 20 mins drive away so sex isnt an option :( ), anyone else a flyer then?

Ive just ordered this little fella from germany to keep me busy :p

Ahh, a Pitts Special. Good choice.

Ill agree with you after ive flown it,the last one my dad had years ago was so bad in the end we took all the radio gear out and took a run and kick at it :lol:,sure itll be awsome though,kits have come a long long way these days since china started knocking them out

Never got in to RC planes but did race RC cars, and was a stunt pilot for 10 years.

(I made up the bit about being a stunt pilot)

Nah I fly the full sized ones :) RC is cool though!

My brother flies some edges and yak's 1/2 size,there huge but how much it cost to get ya pilots licence then, i really wanna do it now ive got some free cash,ill save up 35k and get a real pits :lol:,

Ill be one of them awesome display pilots whos so crazy hes only alive for a few years :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

N

(I made up the bit about being a stunt pilot)

:lol:

I was in my youth an RC flyer and then moved into RC cars.

I used to fly my Dads planes, he had about 15 at any one time and flew in Demos for Laser Engines. I used to fly his Piper Cub (nice and easy and floaty) but also flew his Ultimate, which was an absolute weapon!

RC cars was my thing though, used to race in the BRCA nationals and Radio Race Car national series, back in the mid nineties, drove cars like a Yoko YZ10, Schumacher Cat, Losi XX, RC10 B2. etc..

Jay

I was in my youth an RC flyer and then moved into RC cars.

I used to fly my Dads planes, he had about 15 at any one time and flew in Demos for Laser Engines. I used to fly his Piper Cub (nice and easy and floaty) but also flew his Ultimate, which was an absolute weapon!

RC cars was my thing though, used to race in the BRCA nationals and Radio Race Car national series, back in the mid nineties, drove cars like a Yoko YZ10, Schumacher Cat, Losi XX, RC10 B2. etc..

Jay

My brother did the opposite he started on cars and i did aswell, i remember my sandmaster mk2 beating a nova gsi (full size) down the car park well :lol:.

He flew in the nationals for aerobatics and came 3rd in europe once upon a time but i just mess about and since foam models are around you can pile it in the deck with no worries so its perfect for learning close ground aero and 3d

Never flown RC planes, but also used to race R/C cars. I started with a Tamiya Vanquish, then Kyosho Optima Mid, then Yokomo Works '92. I still have all my R/C cars, which includes a few more than the three mentioned.

I remember when I first started racing with a tamiya terrascorcher I always wanted an optima mid, but moved straight to the Yoko in the end. Drove one of the latest 1/10th off roaders a couple of months back when I popped along to a local meet 15 years after I last drove one. I was amazed I could still drive it like it was yesterday! Technology has moved on though with lithium cells and Bluetooth transmitters!

The Yoko was good, and mine is still in full working order, but it was hard to set up to be stable over rougher terrain. The Optima mid was like driving on rails - just so easy to control, never twitchy and never caught you out.

Th Bigwig was a lot of money IIRC.

The Egress was the one I always wanted. It was Tamiya's first reall attempt at a competative car in the era I was racing.

58079.jpg

After looking at the photos - I still want one.

He he, I was only messing. The BigWig was my first RC car and it was more of a hobbyist machine than a proper racer.

I need to get back into RC but just don't have the time. I bought an FG Marder Race 10 years ago and have used it 3 or 4 times, which is very poor indeed.

My first was a Tamiya Falcon - so much fun.

In recent years I have bought a 1:10 scale Nitro buggy, which is great fun, and also Have a Kyosho GP Spider with a Green Corrado shell to match my real one.

Neither of these have run for a year or so, and last time I drove them the police came to evict me, as people nearby thought yobs were racing motorbikes.

Neither of these have run for a year or so, and last time I drove them the police came to evict me, as people nearby thought yobs were racing motorbikes.

:lol:

They can be quite loud though. My Marder with a tuned pipe on it is VERY loud and very smokey. Defo not a neighbour friendly hobby!

Not sure if this is the place but I'm putting my Kyosho GP Spider on ebay shortly, last time it was out i ended up replacing all the wheel bearings, exhaust gasket, driveshafts, belts, gears and brake system but now i can't get it to tick over and it melts glow plugs so might need a new engine. I gave up in the end and stuck it back in the garage. Maintaining a corrado doesn't need as much attention and that's saying something :)

Ha ha, you need a petrol car mate. 45 mins per tank and they don't stop, unless you stall it :D

To be honest the new lithium powered electric cars go for so long now it makes them much more useable than they ever used to be.

Jay

I raced 1/10th scale touring cars indoors up until about 18 months ago. Good fun but time and money consuming

RC Helicopters, I've had a few different ones from nitro to electric but never managed to master it. Wouldn't mind another especially the tiny 4 channel indoor ones.