MattPc

VR6 Gearbox

I have a VR6 gearbox code:CCM for sale, it has 103K miles on it and is in very good condition, this was purchased from a friend so I could build up my lower final drive box, and still drive my car around. It comes with shifter tower and speedo encoder.

£50 collection or I can put it on a pallet for a courier to collect.

Matt

Here's a picture of the gearbox, parts are also available off of the engine

I'm interested in the gearbox but not sure of the code on mine and can't get to the car for two weeks. Mines a 94 VR; does anyone know with certainty what the box code will be on mine?

Thanks

Mark

I'll take the gearbox at the asking price. I'm essex based also, so can pop down and grab it some time this week.

I'm interested in the gearbox but not sure of the code on mine and can't get to the car for two weeks. Mines a 94 VR; does anyone know with certainty what the box code will be on mine?

Thanks

Mark

The code on yours should be CHN as far as i'm aware Mark :)

The code on yours should be CHN as far as i'm aware Mark :)

There doesn't appear to be any difference....

Not trying to mess with a sale and dont know if you guys have different gearboxes compare to germans, but my car's gearbox is AGK and yes there is a difference to CCM. And is a DIFFERENCE you can feel for sure, as i tested my self on a friends car who isntalled one coming from a Golf.

Not trying to mess with a sale and dont know if you guys have different gearboxes compare to germans, but my car's gearbox is AGK and yes there is a difference to CCM. And is a DIFFERENCE you can feel for sure, as i tested my self on a friends car who isntalled one coming from a Golf.

The AGK has different ratio's perhaps, CCM and CHN both have the same so should feel the same.

First dibs to FishWick,

Corrado9a,

the ratios for the AGK box are 3.778 2.105/2.118, 1.458, 1.034, 0.838, 3.389 so slightly different to the CCM/CHN boxes

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

What other parts are going off the engine?

Let me know what parts your after, and i'll let you now if they are still available.

Matt

I'll take the gearbox at the asking price. I'm essex based also, so can pop down and grab it some time this week.

We're all waiting for you to nail the 02M conversion so we can copy - you're letting the whole side down, lol!

What are you doing with your old box? I'm actually only after the outer casing to get it powder coated in preparation for a refurb and wavetrac install....

M.

Not doing that anymore as I'm not going turbo, so the standard box is fine :D

I just need a spare as my gearbox has done 200K, so it's just a matter of time! Or I might give the O2S conversion a whirl, which is the 02A/J based 6 speeder the non-GTI MK5s got. I'll need a VR6 bell housing for that, and bolt the O2S gearset to it. It's been done on here already :D

Mark i have a spare box sitting in my mates garageif your interested?

dazfxvw: Yes I do have the manifold still, Are you after the upper and lower manifolds? I have both 2.8 & 2.9 flavour manifolds, so take your pick £20+postage

Matt

dazfxvw: Yes I do have the manifold still, Are you after the upper and lower manifolds? I have both 2.8 & 2.9 flavour manifolds, so take your pick £20+postage

Matt

I'm after just the upper mate, in 2.9 flavour :-)

And will definitely have one off you at £20 + postage.

I will drop you a PM

Daz