guildmage

Neighbour's kid

Guys I have a real problem. Just over 2 months ago I moved in to my new house. Driveway, garden, big house ... all perfect but:

Freaking neighbours kid's all over the place. Ball being kicked all day long. I've seen ball bouncing of my car on several occasions. I did mentioned that to the kid that I do not wish seeing his ball on my car. But that didn't really help. So far I have been very friendly towards them... you know in the end of the day they are just kids. (like 6yr and 13yr). They don't really understand the concept of looking after someone elses car.

I mean, they parents drive a Daewoo Matiz, which is like bent and scratched from every side... a really poor looking thing. So obviosuly they are allowed to do with the car whatever they want. I really do not want this to happen to my car. I had such a great plans for my car, including respray - but why should I bother if it's going to get ruined by the kids and they freaking balls!

You know, they are nice kids, I do not want to sound like a horror neighbour - but how can I make it clear what is allowed and what is not. I will not be able to stop them from kicking the ball, it will end up on my driveway (and car) from time to time. But if I can at least limit that somehow... I'm totally out of ideas.

I have no gate on my driveway and no possibility of getting one (I am renting), so I can't just close the gate and buy a super aggressive dog. How would you approach this? Should I talk to parents in first place rather than to kids?

At all cost I would like to keep as friendly atmosphere as possible, they are nice Asian family... but I am dragging coming back home after work more and more. At work at least my car is safe!

Ehh... it is really beyond me... last night I saw this girl doing something to my car's bonnet with her hand... This morning I saw nice two scratches (nails? bracelets?)... I can't tell her off.. she's like 6 year old! There are times I wish I bought Nissan Micra, I would have none of these problems...

to be honest, with the exception of the girl going onto your property theres not a lot you can do or say.

i dont keep my car at home for the same reasons. i rent a garage in the knowledge it will be away from everyone!

annoyingly, i have to bring the car home to work on, as there are kids that live locally to the garage that use the area for a kickabout.

i just look at is as being my problem. kids are kids, i've hit hundred of balls at hundreds of cars in my first however many years of life. it's not worth causing tension with neightbours unless they are causing deliberate damage. ask the kids nicely, but if they dont listen to you theyre probably just more wrapped up in thier game.

ALL YOU NEED, is a MASSIVE aggressive DOG, tied on a piece of rope witch only allows it a meter distance from the cars perimeter, then lots of BEAR traps, BIG mo-fucas.. like one that could easily chop them mid waist when the step on it, AND land mines... if you can get hold of them, hard to come bye on ebay... also trip wires tied to grenades, also a team of snipers (at least 5-7) (maybe 8 to be safe) on orders to kill on sight. then all you need is a force field, lazers maybe? yer that should do it! also you could create a trigger acted charge, so that once your car receives an impact of anything over say 10mph from any sphere shaped object, it triggers a bomb placed directly below there house, also sit down the children (hang them up bye there feet) and explain all of the procedures in place and there inevitable outcomes.

if this does not work, then as a last last last resort, AND I MEAN LAST RESORT, contact CHUCK NORRIS and employ him as a 24h car security guard. Because NOTHING passes CHUCK NORRIS!

I think becoming more friendly with the kids may help, as then they will not and to offend you or your possessions. Kids do actually look up to adults - usually.

Perhaps try to find out what they really like and would not want damaged and go on to explain about your car in the same way.

Will have more of a think.............

Punch them in the face!

Was that really helpful ?? !!! lol

Id say bear mace or keep a cover on ya car at all times and line it with foam? or get one of them bubbles,it will be worth the 300 quid just to watch them run at it without realising and landing in the next street :lol:l

in all seriousness a car cover might not be a bad shout! as the inpact of a ball kicked by a young child would struggle to dent the car, only worry would be it scuffing and scratching the paintwork.. a cover would therefore eliminated all of this? also stop them touching the paintwork? good call!

i personally think my option was the best and most realistic one so far!

Absolutely.

Chuck Norris would nunchuck the ball to shreds. And then he would do a full Ninja routine on the shreds. Then eat the shreds in front of them. They won't kick it over again!

Chuck Norris would hollow out the cat and use its skin as a Davey Crockett hat. Then do a full ninja routine on the innards. Then eat them in front of them. They won't kick it over again!

Chuck Norris would skin the guinea pigs and stitch them together to make a cool native cardigan. But this time he wouldn't do a full ninja routine on the innards. Instead he would he hand that job over to Jackie Chan.

They won't kick it over again!

They won't kick it over again!

think you missed something on the end of that?...................

On a slightly more serious note, have you spoken with the parents? May be worth a polite, considered conversation. Otherwise I have an army of trained ants.

Id say bear mace or keep a cover on ya car at all times and line it with foam? or get one of them bubbles,it will be worth the 300 quid just to watch them run at it without realising and landing in the next street :lol:l

I like this.

Maybe I am getting paranoid, I built myself a home CCTV camera using old PC and linux zoneminder. It does work, records all triggered alarms. But I feel really embarrassed going to neighbors, and tell parents about the havoc their kids are causing. Especially since I have just moved in.

What really annoys me is the fact.. it was suppose to be nice house where I can relax myself, but as soon as I come back from work only thing I can hear is thud, thud, thud, thud... of the balls bouncing of the walls, fence, my car, etc...

Fact is I have a nice scratch now on the bonnet and a little one next to the O/S mirror. This is only 2 months after I moved in - simply saying proper damage is inevitable at this rate! What's next window? cracked bumper? broken mirror!

I somehow feel very depressed by this! I will just see how it goes... in worst case scenario will move again (contract signed for a year now)... Keeping car garaged is a way, but this is my daily (only car) so I am using it day-in / day-out.

You havent moved to Crossgates/colton area have you Lucas? Seen a Corrado thats new to me parked in a drive there.

I've moved in on border of Chapel Allerton and Moortown, very close to Scotts Hall Road.

ps. I just wish you all guys to have nice neighbors, big garage and no problems of the ones I have. It's really, really stressing.

I think you have got to talk to your neighbours and try to resolve it, you say they seem a nice family. The parents may not know what is going on, explain how you are feeling and what is happening. Lets be serious it can't get much worse and I think it is worth trying before giving up.

Think I will do just that Wendy. Kids are actually really friendly. I mean how can you be angry at 6 yr old girl - even though she scratched your car. It's not like she did in in purpose! The older guy and his foot ball, well... he's older so should understand bit more. Besides I am in fear if I will go crazy about all this, it will just make things worse... so will try to keep it all nice and tidy.

Thanks for some good advice and also for the less realistic ones ^^Think I just had to let it out of my system.