Harrier

C11 VRG / Sold,new year/new C !!

Well in between Xmas shopping,& putting up lights ,tree & all that + keeping the boys happy,have got the new seats in & done a few other jobs over the last few weekends.The Recaros look great and feel really supportive compared to my old seats.The heating elements work well & motors are all fine too. I've just been trying to buff them up a bit as the new leather is a bit more of a matte finish than the rest of the interior.Im getting there with Autoglym leather cream.

Also removed my eye brow trim & fitted a new front grille from Heritage parts,prefer that look now.

After using my standard steering wheel this year i fancied my Momo Race back on, for now anyway. Im running out of jobs to do on it this winter so Spring had better get here soon so i can de -sorn & enjoy driving again.

Gus & Andy,sorry old seat covers have been disposed of i'm afraid,i think they were damaged during re-trim :-(

Mot'd & taxed mine today as itching to get back out in it , Usually wait until April ! Looking like a nice day tomorrow so planned a trip up to Brooklands for a classic car meet with wife & boys,good job iv'e not got a busy NY eve planned !

your car is looking superb, the spec is perfect. Love the plate, looking at getting a unique plate myself. I am not usually a fan of private plates (particularly on mundane stuff), but I think on the Corrado a private plate helps to make it stand out as a modern classic. It sort of takes the car a few rungs up in the average persons perception. I am not a snob, but do notice people who dont know their cars sometimes view my C as purely an old banger!

hope you all enjoy Brooklands, great way to spend New Years day

Thanks Billzeebub,i used to feel the same about private plates but as you say it helps the car stand out,always thought it helped OSV's look really special

It really is looking fantastic. I'll probably be out and about in mine tomorrow so may see you in the area.

Mot'd & taxed mine today as itching to get back out in it , Usually wait until April ! Looking like a nice day tomorrow so planned a trip up to Brooklands for a classic car meet with wife & boys,good job iv'e not got a busy NY eve planned !

Exactly how I'm feeling now, it's been off the road and garaged for about 3 months and I'm itching to get back in it. Don't know how long I can hold off insuring and taxing it, I too usually wait till March/April time. I think I'll keep it road worthy all year round from now on.

Looking superb as ever Daren. Soooooo jealous of the Recaros! Been out for a decent spin yet? Nice day for it...

Took the C & family out to Brooklands today as hoped & had a really nice day,really glad i decided to put it back on the road.First proper drive with the Recaros & they felt lovely.My old seats weren't uncomfortable but i felt i could drive all day in these without any problems ,bearing in mind the KWs are quite firm also ,they are really supportive.

The trip to Brooklands was bathed in sunshine all day.The proper old classics, Bentleys,Jags Rollers etc were displayed in front of clubhouse & a massive variety of nice old & some not so old vehicles were there to look at.We were directed to the banking ,to my surprise which was half covered in algae/moss so we didn't park too high up.They have got a lot of work to clear it off if they plan anything like the CCGB gathering last May, for this year.

Cars were still arriving when we left at midday,by which point it was almost too busy.A good day to start the year!

Saw 1 other Corrado as we left N reg ,maybe a Storm,not sure

Delorean looks especially hideous next to your stunning C Darren. It looks much better without the brow :)

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:35 PM ----------

Darren roughly how much do that trim place charge to retrim front Recaro's?

Edited by lewvw

Splendid pictures. And testament to your tasteful mods that allow the car to look stylish amongst other popular classics.

Tres bon

Bit of an update, since taxing the C from January i managed to crack my front screen,will teach me to use it with all the salt & grit on the roads! so having a new one fitted this week.Really hoping it all goes well.

Better news is i won best Corrado at Elsecar last weekend & enjoyed a great time with some fellow CF'rs.

So this weekend decided to treat car to a wheels off jet wash and clean to get rid off any nasty salt & next weekend plan a waxing session to get it ready for Stanford Hall next month. Hoping my next post is to say screen is in & all is well !

Well the screen is out without any major problems,however when unpacking the new screen it was found to be damaged, or rather the edge trim was,so the guys have re-ordered another. On the plus side it gave me a chance to clean everything nicely & treat a little bit of corrosion along the bottom edge.Will try again in a couple of days !

Thanks Andy, well wifey would be happier if they went into the garage with the car ! but i'm sure i can find space

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Btw Andy,if you are still membership sec? for CCGB could you send me a new tax disc holder with my recently renewed membership .Thankyou

Love the car Darren and sits so well. I think you should move the car into the house with the Trophies personnally..

Ok, the new screen went in Friday & i'm glad to say everything is fine. It was a Sekurit screen as i'd hoped but they couldn't be sure what make would arrive.I also have a top tint now as requested :cool: Was also glad to be able to get scuttle trim clips from Vw.

So today finished off my big clean up with a coat of Dodo Wax & vacuum interior, & then enjoyed a little drive with a couple of Springtime pics

Ok, the new screen went in Friday & i'm glad to say everything is fine. It was a Sekurit screen as i'd hoped but they couldn't be sure what make would arrive.I also have a top tint now as requested :cool: Was also glad to be able to get scuttle trim clips from Vw.

So today finished off my big clean up with a coat of Dodo Wax & vacuum interior, & then enjoyed a little drive with a couple of Springtime pics

That is my perfect Corrado, absoloutely epic looking car, very subtle beautiful mods. The best wheels for me too in terms of size and appearance. Nice when people know when to stop and keep originality. Good work

Been a while since last update but here's a good one.Second place at Vw Action-Santa Pod in custom water cooled class this weekend, very pleased to say the least. Love that show.

Have been getting to a fair few events in the car this year & its been going great except for the sunroof which has inevitably stopped sliding properly,job for the winter me thinks.The other news is i picked a rear seat from Seanl recently which i'm having re-trimmed to match the front Recaro's.Will be a little while before its done but will get pics up then.

Well, the freshly re-trimmed rear seats are in & look lovely, Tim has done a great job, more changes coming soon...

They look awesome Daren. I'm wondering what these changes might be though? I'm betting on wheels? Surely you won't mess too much with that show winning formula :)