VR6

I Hate Car Insurance

Bunch of thieving c***s.

Insurance renewal comes through in the post. £550.

Ok circumstances have changed slightly, I'll give em a ring and get the quote down a bit hopefully. 1) Job has improved 2) Car has a tracker fitted 3) Car is not on the driveway but is outside the house instead (5 metres away, still in a quiet cul-de-sac).

Thank you Sir, that will be £90 more. WTF

Check price online using exact same (new) details. £440. A whole £200 different.

Phone insurance company back. I've just checked online and the price is £440. Give me that price please. Do you have the reference? No I don't have the f***ing reference, I did it quickly during my lunch. It's your system, you figure it out. I'm sorry Sir I'm afraid we'll need the reference.

FFS

Add all my details again and scribble down the reference. Phone back with said reference. I then proceed to spend 20 minutes on the phone while they run through EVERY f***ing question I've already answered THREE minutes ago online. Just use the damn reference and information I've given you.

Thank you Sir, that has all gone through, is there anything else I can do for you today? Well a handjob would be quite nice after twatting around for the best part of a couple of hours. Hello?

With you 100%, Tom.

Just rang up my insurer this weekend - I've moved the Corrado to a different lock-up in an area I'm convinced will bring me lower premiums. I speak to them on the phone and tell them the post code and they simply say "Ok then that's fine - we'll send you the paperwork through". I ask will it affect my premium? Will I get a small refund of some sort? "Um... not sure.. we'll be in touch...". I'm sure if I said I'd moved the car to a rough town they'd have been quick enough to stick the damn premium up.

I hate them. They're all damn crooks.

¨Legalised theft¨ as one my colleagues at work calls it.

I did get a good service from Martinb at HIC when it came to renewing the insurance on my Rado. My existing insurers, Footman James, came up with some sort of 50 GBP price hike, ¨sorry, tough times also for punters, especially with all the austerity measures and their effects going on - higher prices for food, petrol etc.¨ was my response and left to search for cheaper insurance elsewhere. No-one has money to give away in these times (or ever for that matter :) )

I did notice that each year whatever insurer I´m with, they all each year try to hike the price, so it´s back to the drawing board every time, sitting through the same stupid questions whilst I go seeking a cheaper insurer. That times 3 for me each year, gets a bit of a drag.

Tempest

No such thing as loyalty anymore, that costs you money.

So VR6 you spent two hours and saved yourself £200, thats £100 an hour i would say thats time well spent.

They are all money grabbing barstards, but with a bit of intelligence and work the results are worth it.

I did the same, £533 for my alfa 156 2.5 from octagon, spent an hour or so on every comparison site, subjecting my e-mail address to months of pointless spam, just to find out the best price i could find was you guessed it, octagon at £533.

Time spent one hour, at a rate of £0 per hour -- bugger !

I get the same every year. The price goes up. I tell them I'm leaving. Price comes down again. It's like a little dance that we both do every 12 months.

I remember calling up either Flux or Chris Knott a few years back, and got some right stuck up cow having a go at me for trying to get the price down, by quoting a competitiors price..

"this isn't a Dutch auction" were her words!! :lol:

Theiving c*nts..

So VR6 you spent two hours and saved yourself £200, thats £100 an hour i would say thats time well spent.

True ... but it's not even like I switched companies or played two against each other. That's what boils my blood.

If there's a female driver in the house with a good driving record make sure they're named on your policy as it actually reduces the premium...........

If there's a female driver in the house with a good driving record make sure they're named on your policy as it actually reduces the premium...........

Or not.......... I put the missus on mine 2 winters back, not the corrado , the winter frontera, she then went out and ran into someone lol, cost me £200 more per year since :bonk:

Or not.......... I put the missus on mine 2 winters back, not the corrado , the winter frontera, she then went out and ran into someone lol, cost me £200 more per year since :bonk:

I only said to put her as named driver, no mention of letting her drive the car........

My wife's on the Corrado for emergency purposes. But I haven't told her she's on it so she won't try to move it :smug:

My wife's on the Corrado for emergency purposes. But I haven't told her she's on it so she won't try to move it :smug:

The force is strong in this one............. :smug:

A small part of me died when my brother said he managed to get his insurance down to £1600!

At least he isn't with Markerstudy, the bunch of low life thieving scumbags. Every single one of them.

Try sky insurance , i went with them after adrian flux kept my premium the same price and wouldnt budge on price , daft thing is when i rang them to cancel the renewal they then said they could beat my new quote off sky by 40 quid so at this point adrain flux was going to insure me a hundred quid cheaper than what they quoted for my renewal , told them they was messing me about and left flux for sky

Iv just turned twenty five aswell with six years no claims and all mods declared , insurance is a joke though there all theiving *******os

Sky couldn't offer me a competitive quote - 31 years old, no accidents / no points, car garaged and doing 3,000 miles a year. You'd think that'd be easy business for them but they weren't interested!

Jim your not going to get better circumstances than that so its suprising that they couldnt give you a quote , i only went to sky after renshaw put a thread up about how good they was id bever even heard of them

Aviva have been good with me for the past 2 years, I had a wad of points at one point but they stil gave me a good price. Although when the T25 came up for renewal, it jumped up £200, so i asked them to cancel it as I had one much cheaper. 15mins on the phone, they got it from £404 to.....£198 Fully Comp, any car etcc!!! I said yes, but I'm driving and on handsfree, can I pay later. Phoned at the end of the week, couldn't find the quote! But in fairness, they listened to the call and agreed I had been quoted, and therefore they would honour it. Can't say fairer than that.

If it's cheaper to add a female to your policy why does it increase mine by around £100 to put my wife on cover, she has a good driving history too.

I did get a good service from Martinb at HIC when it came to renewing the insurance on my Rado.

Cheers Eric :)

If the OP wants to send me a contact number, I will gladly arrange for a call to see if we can help. HIC are currently offerering free key cover if unable to beat your renewal price:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?77355-Unbeatable-cover-at-Unbeatable-prices!-Free-key-cover-if-we-cannot-be-your-best-price&p=933837#post933837

Cheers

Martin :)

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

If it's cheaper to add a female to your policy why does it increase mine by around £100 to put my wife on cover, she has a good driving history too.

Its not always - best to try with and without.

¨Legalised theft¨ as one my colleagues at work calls it.

Yet another 'arms length' regulated industry.

I don't know why we are paying so called governance organisations (such as ofgem et al) because they appear to do absolutely f'ck all.

In a bag.

Plus an egg.

Seriously, you know the car insurance system is f*cked up when you can get cheaper car insurance as a learner driver, than you can as a driver with a full license.

Before I passed my test a year ago (always driven motorbikes) my insurance cost me £400 LESS than it does now. Instead of my insurance going down when I got my license (as I was expecting it to) - it went up! For my missus to insure my C is nearly a grand less than what I'm paying and she's currently unemployed and doesn't even have a license! Because she's had her provisional license for over 6 years and is a home owner her insurance will always be cheaper than mine apparently because I've only had my UK Car License for a year. Understand of course there are other factors at play here but Christ, I would have thought that having a license is better than not having one surely?

The whole thing's a f*cking joke

Edited by tentonhammer

Seriously, you know the car insurance system is f*cked up when you can get cheaper car insurance as a learner driver, than you can as a driver with a full license.

Yep. That is Britain all over. The people who have the ability (but not necessarily the desire) to pay are targetted and royally fleeced.

It's morally repugnant. Just because these companies see Mr Smith with his £50k salary, they assume he's a bottomless pit. But what about his wife who's not working, looking after his 2 kids. The bills to run his house are astronomical and his job is uncertain. Nope, they don't give a f'ck Mr Smith runs into his overdraft every month. They just want to f'ck him over, and 1000s like him/her.

In a bag.

Plus an egg.

Before I passed my test a year ago (always driven motorbikes) my insurance cost me £400 LESS than it does now. Instead of my insurance going down when I got my license (as I was expecting it to) - it went up! For my missus to insure my C is nearly a grand less than what I'm paying and she's currently unemployed and doesn't even have a license! Because she's had her provisional license for over 6 years and is a home owner her insurance will always be cheaper than mine apparently because I've only had my UK Car License for a year. Understand of course there are other factors at play here but Christ, I would have thought that having a license is better than not having one surely?

The whole thing's a f*cking joke

Actually, this one does make some sense.

Drivers on a provisional are usually considered a much lower risk than those that have recently passed their test. Obviously on a provisional licence you are accompanied and supervised whereas as soon as you pass your test you can drive about unsupervised. Other factors such as a provisional driver is unlikely to use the car as regularly, lower mileage etc can also be a factor.

Passing your test does not immediatly make you a more competent driver, this tends to come through experience. Your missus may find, as many do, that her premium increases dramatically.

Obviously on a provisional licence you are accompanied and supervised whereas as soon as you pass your test you can drive about unsupervised.

I see where you're coming from and to a point agree with you (as much as I don't want to! lol). However, what's the point of having a license then? Your license determines whether you are able to drive or not. It allows you to drive the vehicle lawfully based on the strict requirements set out by the DVLA. You either meet these requirements or you don't. Just because you can drive the vehicle unsupervised doesn't mean your insurance should go up! At the very least it should stay the same not go up.

I was "learning to drive ;)" for 12 years before I eventually got bored of motorcycles (the wet mainly) and got myself legit. In those years I drove everywhere with a legal supervisor and looking back on it now - I thought I knew how to drive but I didn't. It was only when I passed my test that you learn to drive "safely". Just because I have access to a car and can drive unsupervised doesn't make me more of a risk. Your driving license is awarded to reflect the level of your (required) ability, allowing you to best demonstrate your broad understanding of motoring.

Yep. That is Britain all over. The people who have the ability (but not necessarily the desire) to pay are targetted and royally fleeced.
Right on the money