joby

Kwik fit Rant

Why do kwikfit bother to put stupid adverts on TV stating 25% off all tyres when there clearly not and more expensive by far than other tyre fitting centres! Example/ 225/40/18 falken fk452 £96 each fitted localy, Kwikfit £156 with25% off!!! I mean come on thats just a rip off and a blatant lie!!! How do they survive in this climate??

Because a lot of people don't think to ring around and just call the first place they come to in the phonebook or go to some place they've actually heard of...

That is a total rip though joby!

It is amazing they are still in business.You hear these stories time & time again + recommending repairs that aren't needed

I would never dream of using kwikfit generally, but seeing there advert on TV saying 25% of every tyre you would expect them to be competitive! But NO miles away from any other price i have had, I annoys me that they think they can overcharge like they do!! everything they seem to advertise is just a con in my view and all there fitters seem like numpties on the phone!!

I would never dream of using kwikfit generally, but seeing there advert on TV saying 25% of every tyre you would expect them to be competitive! But NO miles away from any other price i have had, I annoys me that they think they can overcharge like they do!! everything they seem to advertise is just a con in my view and all there fitters seem like numpties on the phone!!

i used to buy from camskill or my tyres on line.... but i use event tyres these day. you pay a few quid more but they come to you... either work or home and you don't waste you time sitting at kwik fit or a similar tyre garage.

I used them for four new tyres on my old 4mo and they were outrageously expensive compared to other local companies until I laughed at them with a waiting room full of other customers and they price matched.

Yup there useless,i remember my dad going to knock one of the mechanics out.He got to to foff when he told the fitter it was dangerous leaving a cash heavy caliper dangling off the flex (and the flexi was old and ready to go).Total cowboys,i used to use mytyres alot but got my last set off ebay

Always try your local tyre centre.. you never know how good their prices can be. I recently got some Uniroyal Rainsport 2's from a local place who have been in business for years and they were cheaper than places like BlackCircles including fitting.. they'll be the first place I try next time before I start shopping online.

Always try your local tyre centre.. you never know how good their prices can be. I recently got some Uniroyal Rainsport 2's from a local place who have been in business for years and they were cheaper than places like BlackCircles including fitting.. they'll be the first place I try next time before I start shopping online.

How do you find the rainsports jim, have been looking at these myself

They're great tyres mate - and I think pretty much impossible to beat in terms of price / performance!

They're great tyres mate - and I think pretty much impossible to beat in terms of price / performance!

Will have to think about these, i can get 4 fitted £396

Why do kwikfit bother to put stupid adverts on TV stating 25% off all tyres when there clearly not and more expensive by far than other tyre fitting centres! Example/ 225/40/18 falken fk452 £96 each fitted localy, Kwikfit £156 with25% off!!! I mean come on thats just a rip off and a blatant lie!!! How do they survive in this climate??
Yes, but there's not many tyre fitting / fast fit centres open on a Sunday, or late evening (at least near me anyway). And for some people it's just convenient to go to a national chain rather than a local independent, and they probably believe they're getting a good deal with 25% off. But that's no different to the majority of companies that advertise special offers these days (as typically the price is increased for a short time - making the 'special offer' price just the same as it was a month earlier at normal price).And, to be fair, I know a lot of people complain about them saying work needs doing that doesn't but my sister used a local branch for mot tests for a couple of years, and they didn't try to rip her off at all, and even did a few jobs for free. I personally don't use them unless it's an emergency, but it's good to have that option.

Someone I work with got their tracking done at kwik fit and they forgot to do up the lock nuts on the track rods. Wheel broke loose and was just lucky it was low speed.

Kwik fit repaired the damage but I would've reported them to the HSE straight away.

They only have to remember how to do a handful of jobs and they can't even do them reliably.

They're a bunch of children playing mechanics, no idea of the serious consequences of their incompetence.

Rainsport 2's.

I had some when i got my car on the original speedies, they are quite soft as is the side wall, and they screetch round the corner which is fairly entertaining, good in the wet (obviously !?) and offer a lot of grip in the dry, the best thing is scaring your passengers with the squeeling round the corners :smug:

They always price match too. If Kwikfit are closest to you, phone other places first and Kwikfit will match the price. If they aren't the closest, most other places do the same so call the closest place last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its nothing new.. 25% off, buy three get one free etc. they might be more expensive than local garages, but if they're offering a reduction on their rrp's they're doing no wrong.

along with the countless customers they'll have walking in every day they also have a massive corperate market too - where invoices go to accounts departments who really dont care how much the tyres cost!

the problem with independant places is prices are soooooooooooooo varied! I'm now down to 2 places in Bristol that I regularly use depending what im after. I've never bought online as these garages can get the fitted cost to be the same - or less. If you're after new tyres, phone ten places then get the best two to fight for the business. If you dont have time for 10 phonecalls, then you're a kwikfit customer! :lol:

KwikFit were doing a good deal last year. 4 tyres for the price of 2, and on good brands like Continental. Ideal if the fronts are almost bald and the rears are heading that way too, but aren't essential. At the time that was cheaper than independants.

The biggest problem for me with Kwik-Fit is their mechanic's couldn't care less attitude to people's cars. And their balancing often needs redoing 2 or 3 times at my local branch!

The problem with these chains is that they are targeted for bonus purposes, so it pays the people who work there to find more work than what you have come for. I had a friend who worked there and they were always chasing their targets to get their bonuses and they were more than happy to pricematch in order to get the business.

A driving instructor came who's lease company had a servicing contract with kwik fit came in to us with a running concern, said he'd just had a 37.5k service (all filters) checked his air filter - dirty as hell, pollen filter - dirty. No filters had been changed! We couldn't even acertain that they had changed his oil as it was diesel. Just show's that they are all about bashing car's out KWIK. I would not even entertain them, they are a disgrace, although in fairness there must be guys at some branches that take pride in their work.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

The problem with these chains is that they are targeted for bonus purposes, so it pays the people who work there to find more work than what you have come for. I had a friend who worked there and they were always chasing their targets to get their bonuses and they were more than happy to pricematch in order to get the business.

Pretty much all main dealers are bonus driven on hours sold, and customer satisfaction targeted by the manufacturer, as you can no doubt guess this does not work and leads to some awful workmanship and unhappy customers. When I need tyres I check online and then ask how close the local place (malvern tyres) can get and they are normally within £5 per tyre.

Lewvw your absolutely right all this chasing of sales bonuses does drive down standards of workmanship. I do remember my friend telling me that the bonuses did make quite a difference to the wage packet.

Yeah unfortunately the way to make the bonus (and keep your job) is to gun everything up and so a torque wrench obsessive like me ends up being made redundant. It's laughable really :(

Another load of cowboys are National tires.

I've met three people who say they use the "there's a hole in your exhaust" line. "Thats funny its been fine until now"

Another load of cowboys are National tires.

I've met three people who say they use the "there's a hole in your exhaust" line. "Thats funny its been fine until now"

Hell Yeah. I couldnt agree more.

Went in a few years ago to get 2 new front tyres fitted. They took the car into the garage and you can see them working on the car. THey only went and used the pneumatic wheel gun to get hte locking wheel nut off and broke the Mcguard key. I stupidly went and got the other key - just for them to do it to that.

So i had it out with them and they were adament they didnt, despite me saying id seen them do it.

Im the fool for giving them another chance. Never again

Edited by Critical_Mass