Sign in to follow this  
SimonU

Original wheels 16v

I've got an idea what they look like, but because everyone seems to junk the originals you don't see many C's with them.

The wheels on mine at the mo, 15" Momo something or other, are awful and I don't think they suit the C at all plus they are kerbed to buggery (previous owner)!!

Looking to change them before the summer with BBS splits, but not sure which ones, nothing too big, I want to keep to the original looks as much as possible.

Has anyone got pics of original wheels for 2.0 16v? or link??

Cheers in advance

Si

SimonU, Blimey, that's a bit mean! I think theyr'e not bad myself, trouble is they do tend to look a bit like plastic wheel trims to joe public I guess. How about some 1.8 16v / Golf Rallye type Sebrings instead as an alternative but still within the VW range?

I rather like the Estorils myself.. but each to their own I guess.

Rather those than 15" Momo's!!! :)

I kinda like them for a standard wheel as well....

Just like I think the speedlines are rather nice.

G60 BBS rims are the best "standard rim" IMO, my C came with these which was 8) Didn't know much about C's at the time so I guess that was a lucky find (even if the rest of it was an unlucky find LOL)

Your valver was really pretty gorgeous looking Jim. Mine has dealer optional Ronal's on it - seen a few Cs with them in the past. I really hate them though. Need new ones! 8)

Nice new wheels Dave - kinda VR6 speedlinish but on a 4stud! Really suit the car! :wink:

Cheer mate :D

Ah Estorils. I adore those wheels. Wish they were available in 5 stud.

When I had my MK2 Golfs, I couldn't get a set of those for love nor money.

K

Isn't it funny. I think we all drive the wrong cars! You need to trade over to a 2.0 16v Kev :D

And I bet you could have got em when you had your Golfs Kev.... if you fancied handing over £250 PER CORNER for them at the Stealers!!

Don't even joke about Stealers Jim. My MK2 16V Turbo had Corrado G60 wheels on it and when some tart drove into me and bent one of the rear wheels, VW billed me £330+centre cap+VAT for 1 wheel :?

I wish I had gone 2.0 16V to be honest. I've seen a 2.0 16V Turbo Corrado on Stealth's rollers kicking out over 250bhp. I love the 16V T engine..... makes the VR feel soooooo slow.

Daves16v they look like the standard 2.0 8v wheels you have on there which look really nice. 8) Any idea what name VW called them?

Don't even joke about Stealers Jim. My MK2 16V Turbo had Corrado G60 wheels on it and when some tart drove into me and bent one of the rear wheels, VW billed me £330+centre cap+VAT for 1 wheel :?

I wish I had gone 2.0 16V to be honest. I've seen a 2.0 16V Turbo Corrado on Stealth's rollers kicking out over 250bhp. I love the 16V T engine..... makes the VR feel soooooo slow.

Gotta love that engine & Check out the Estorils.

Daves16v they look like the standard 2.0 8v wheels you have on there which look really nice. 8) Any idea what name VW called them?

Don't know but I'm sure someone on here will chip in :)

Yep, Estorils are nice, I'd like a set. They look nicely over-engineered in a typically German quality way.

got to say i like the sebrings and not just because thats whats on mine! they could do with being a bit wider but i think they really suit the C.

Just when you thought this thread had died...

I think I'm going to go for the G60 BBS alloys, I know strictly speaking thats not keeping the car standard but there still from a C right!!

Just found two on ebay but I was too late!!

Does anyone have a spare set lying around?? How rare are they??

Don't know but I'm sure someone on here will chip in :)

Just to clarify, the wheels on daves16v C are the same as mine and were standard on the last examples of the 2.0 16V (probably the 8V too) - model year '95 only I think...

They're called "Westwoods" btw.

DtM.