VW_OwneR_85

Body Mods,

right if you could have any subtle body mod done to your rado money not an issue what would it be?

Audi door handles ?, TT fuel filler cap?, de badged? smoothed roof trim? roof chop haha? lets hear it

Probs go with an extended rear spoiler and smoothed front and get rid of the tow eye

And rolled and pulled arches done properly and a nice respray

Rolled arches

De-badged front end

Smoothed swage line

Keyless door handles

Reiger eye brow

Carbon fibre bonnet (body coloured)

Smoothed stone chipped lower body. (nobly bit below the doors)

Does that help?

Think this through properly and don't rush into anything. I've learnt the hard way.

Bought my car with standard grill so shortly after that, bought FK badgeless grill, put it on... after a week put it back to OEM grill as I couldn't stand the look of it. Then decided to have a at least black VW badges - bought rear and front and then fitted it, after a week went back to chrome versions anyway. I spent some money just to have my car as it was in first place (sigh). Should have used Photoshop to check it out first, instead of impulse buys

iv already done smooth front bumper,audi a6 door handles, aerial smoothed, de badged rear and front grill, trying to get some ideas for other things , i realy should smooth the rear wiper hole out as its just bunged up at, just want ideas for other things that havent crossed my mind yet, im toying with the idea of smoothing the roof gutters out, just want a body mod to do for the winter as the cars now off the roads and tucked away in ma shed and i actualy kinda like bodywork, feel free to add pics if anyones had stuff done ...

I've got colour coded mirrors and handles, no bump strips,de-badged, filled lower seams,c/f number plate plinth,spoonfed extended colour coded spoiler,c/f windshield scuttle

Really love the rear spoiler,can't see me ever putting the original one back on

Just a nice original paintjob! I'd consider having the rear seams smoothed off and possibly get the roof gutterings smoothed and painted too - but that's all I'd ever do.

I like them just the way they are. I just want a brand new example !!..

..However, if VW had facelifted the C rather than binning it, then...body coloured grille, door handles and side rubbing strips, clear side/rear indicators and 16 inch BBS alloys with a lowered sport suspension option. Interior wise a climatronic air-con unit fitted as standard and integral cup holders, with Uprated wipers and headlight loom. Leather interior as standard, oh and a bonnet with struts that holds itself up. Finishing touch of blue tinted anti dazzle wing mirrors with an anti dazzle interior mirror too...also make the spoiler come up at 25mph, just for the hell of it!!!! Would then be my perfect ever motor even more...being greedy a panoramic glass sunroof like the new Scirocco!..

Edited by Billzeebub

This thread reads like my shopping list for my respray next year :lol:

So far:

- Dents/rust all removed!

- Remove side mouldings

- Welding a strip in to smooth the roof mouldings' slot (leaving the slight depression to stop the rain rolling straight off, into the window switches...)

- Audi A6 rear door handles, no locks

- Remove and weld up side indicator repeaters

- Fit USA bumper markers to use as side repeaters

- Smoothed rear seams

- rear arches rolled + pulled to match bumper contour

- Weld up washer jet holes in the bonnet, cut holes at rear to fit 'clip-on' fan-spray jets from Mk4 Golf (heated ones, natch)

- Bonnet prop replaced by gas springs

- Side skirts

I'm also considering ditching the sunroof mech altogether and welding the panel in...depends how much it annoys me! Would probably need to add some wind deflectors to the front windows if I do this.

Aiming for the stock blackberry metallic but with a satin clearcoat :) Corrados look lovely with a bit of matte paint!

Stone

Well if mine ever goes for paint (looking unlikely) this is my wish list:

Front bumper smooth (probably doing this anyway)

Side repeater smooth (relocate to wing mirrors)

Arches pulled and rolled

Audi door handles

Filler cap smoothed and relocated behind one of the rear light clusters

Roof gutters smoothed

Sun roof smoothed

Rear tow eye removed (probably doing this anyway)

I guess that's quite a lot, but that's what I fancy :)

Some of it's for looks, other bits are for rust prevention (getting rid of typical rust areas).

haha yea i see what you mean about the shopping list for paint .

gas strut for the bonnet! deffo gona get me some of that!

i like the idea of the hidden fuel cap behind the rear light, you could have the light on a hinged bracket with a popper so it swings out when you press the button for the selonoid , what i thought once was maybe turn the VW badge into a filler flap itself, like you twist the badge and it opens it or something descret like that but its alot of custom work to do and get right without looking like a diy job if i was doing anything fuel cap related it would be the audi TT fuel cap but idd have the cap anodised black so its abit more subtle,

this thread needs body mod pics, {hint hint}

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

front fogs/indi's removed, shortened [5 digit] front plate recess

3 slat grill/eyebrow

painted carbon bonnet with hidden washers

deleted side repeaters

a6 handles

smoothed mirrors [my favourite mod]

bumpstrips removed

smoothed sills

smoothed roof

deleted arieal

clear tailgate glass

smoothed rear end

deleted tow eye & tdi exhaust

extended spoiler

Had a full respray last year , best thing to do , i also had the mirrors coded , bump strips removed , no plate plinth coded and rear end lines welded and filled .

The smoothed mirrors is something i have spoken to my bodyshop about & i'm tempted,i would also love the Audi handles but that looks a pricey bit of work ! Probably getting my existing handles colour coded though this winter.

Also had door handles coded , the one thing i did which im not sure of now was to de-badge the rear , i could always put them back i spose .