axcel01uk

For all you model Collectors out there.

Sorry for the problems people have had with otto I was beginning to wish i never started the thread recommending them. Clearly, they have been a total shambles which is surprising as I have not has one problem with them over the years. I am glad everybody now appears to have either got their models or is in the process of getting them. I really don't blame those who will never use them again. I hope they have given the person responsible for the mess with processing the orders/postage a good bloody hiding. Twat.

Its not your fault. It is clearly of interest to the forum members, so you were right to post about it. Just a shame we haven't all shared your positive experience when dealing with Otto.

Refund for postage received this morning. After paypal fees and exchanging from Euros to Stirling I am £1.39 short on the return postage costs. This is annoying, but to be honest I'm not going to wind myself up with trying to get that back. As long as the Corrado models arrive without problems, I will leave it at that and put the whole saga down to experience.

They're here :)

2 Corrado models safely delivered today. Very pleased with them. Excellent detail. I'd certainly like more Otto models, but if I do buy any more, I'll purchase them from a UK source.

Good stuff, nice to hear a happy ending :)

Bought myself a Rallye Golf model before xmas, that looks awesome too, paintwork looks like a proper car spray job :D

I think their models are great. I especially love the interior detail. At the moment I have a Corrado G60, Mk1 Campaign, Rallye Golf and a Mk4 R32 sitting beside me here. As well as a Norev Scrirocco and Mk2 Golf G60. The Norev models are a bit more "fun" as the doors and engine bay open. Better for tuning too.

I found Otto were pretty ****e at responding to e-mails too. I think this is just typical French customer service, exacerbated by the language barrier. I wish they would make a VR6 model. But their response was that Revell already make 'em. Of course I have 2 of those already :) Nutter.

It's annoying they said that. Revell don't make them though :( They made them... as in past tense and trying to get hold of them now is really difficult and expensive!

Exactly! These models are always limited production runs. Keep an eye on the "Modelbau" section of Ebay.de. I have quite a collection built up from there now. Including 2 Revell model kits. One being a Corrado convertible!

If I had known what a success the Revell Corrados would be, I would have bought a few instead of only one.

joebloggsVR69, yeah the paint is finished very nicely. One of the Corrados has a very slight sag in the paint at the base of the C pillar, but it is not enough be a problem for me.

I bought two as it was my intention to have one repainted in Mystic Blue to match mine. Unfortunately my 1:1 scale Corrado has become more of a project now and this is on the backburner. :)

If I had known what a success the Revell Corrados would be, I would have bought a few instead of only one.

Likewise!

The wife ordered a black and red one for me as Christmas presents and I received them today, already had a sneaky look and they look great. However, they are not totally accurate models as the side strips are colour coded and not black. But its good that there making some new corrado models. I bought mine from http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/ck-modelcars_uk/ as he seemed to be the cheapest. I ordered them Friday night and got them today so great service.

Black ones still available here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-VW-Corrado-VR6-schwarz-1-18-Revell-/350934975772?pt=Spielzeugautos&hash=item51b55ac51c.

Apparently its a limit run of 1000 models for each colour so better move quick if anybody wants one.

Edited by axcel01uk

We are being spoilt with Corrado models at the moment, two new revell ones and now minichamps have finally released their nugget Corrado in 1.43 scale. This model seems to have taken an age to be released after being on preorder for what seemed like years.

I have only seen them for sale in Germany and France on ebay at the moment and again it only appears to be a limited run of just over a 1000 models.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINICHAMPS-400055602-Volkswagen-VW-Corrado-G60-1990-1-43-/400624441125?pt=FR_YO_Jeux_VehiculesMiniaturesCircuits_VehiculesMiniatures&hash=item5d4713d725

Get buying while there still available !!!!!!!!.

Edited by axcel01uk

I got a parcel yesterday, with two Otto boxes inside :)

For some reason they sent a pair of Peugeot 106's :(

Emailed them this morning, but no response yet.

That has to be one of the biggest let downs in history - hope you got this sorted.

Yeah I got it sorted in the end, but it was by no means easy. I'd definitely recommend Otto models, just don't by direct from them - they are an absolute nightmare to deal with.

We are being spoilt with Corrado models at the moment, two new revell ones and now minichamps have finally released their nugget Corrado in 1.43 scale. This model seems to have taken an age to be released after being on preorder for what seemed like years.

I have only seen them for sale in Germany and France on ebay at the moment and again it only appears to be a limited run of just over a 1000 models.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINICHAMPS-400055602-Volkswagen-VW-Corrado-G60-1990-1-43-/400624441125?pt=FR_YO_Jeux_VehiculesMiniaturesCircuits_VehiculesMiniatures&hash=item5d4713d725

Get buying while there still available !!!!!!!!.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76725[/ATTACH]

G60 with 1.8 16v rims. Meh :)

How's that for true Corrado Nerdness?. (I already have two Schabak 1:43 scales)

That is very nice I don't think it would be that hard to replicate that though by buying one of the new black revell models and then buying a set of wheels like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-18-Scale-BBS-RS-15-INCH-TUNING-WHEELSET-GOLD-CENTERS-/231114392772?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item35cf7dc4c4. There are loads of wheels available for around 15 quid a set.

I don't suppose they can be that hard to change over if you wanted to customise one yourself. It would be a lot cheaper than buying one already made up as well because the ones already done go for around £100 or more. Might have a bash myself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76725[/ATTACH]

G60 with 1.8 16v rims. Meh :)

How's that for true Corrado Nerdness?. (I already have two Schabak 1:43 scales)

It's a shame they didn't do a different model really like a vr6 storm or something. Its just minichamps being lazy I guess, they have previously done the exact model in blue and red. All they seem to do is change the colour every now and again. Whoever is in charge of their product and design department must have the easiest job in the world, money for old rope really, Won't stop me from buying it though.

yeh thats the plan axcel01uk its crazy how much they go for... if u search modified 1:18 there is loads going for silly money