Hofmiester

Ron's Blackberry VR6 - A11 VRX - Getting her back on the road

Bah - Google suggested they were more like 326BHP, hence why I went for the RS3 ;) Either way, very nice :)

Power is a funny one of these, different sites say different things. Basically listed as 333PS but AmD and Shark say 340bhp standard and that is what their graphs show. 410bhp with a remap, 450bhp with remap and smaller SC pulley.

0-60 on 450bhp mapped ones is under 4 secs! :D

Worth mentioning that Harris's S4 destroyed its gearbox only a couple of months after the remap! :(

Revo do a map that will make the 3.0T S4 (why do they use a T when it's supercharged?!) faster than the latest RS4. Check out the Chris Harris (him again!) vid on YouTube... S4 vs RS4, or some such imaginative title.

Edit: Ah, the Hoff beat me to it!

The golf will stay, lovely car but not big enough and I'd like some more power. Wife will have the gold as she's working again now. Will sell her Fabia. Gearbox is a concern, I think the tiptronic ones are stronger but mine is a manual.

Only has 29k on the clock though

You will just have to calm doon with the right boot Ron so you don't break it. Get some pic's up when you get it :thumbleft: I want to see it at a show next year to check it out ;)

The golf will stay, lovely car but not big enough and I'd like some more power. Wife will have the gold as she's working again now. Will sell her Fabia. Gearbox is a concern, I think the tiptronic ones are stronger but mine is a manual.

Only has 29k on the clock though

Ahh... ok.. that's probably better news. Harris's is a tiptronic. Manual is probably going to be a bit stronger! :) And probably won't be driven as hard, as often!

Winner winner chicken dinner , lovely car mate have you heard these with the cats off ? My giddy aunt they make a racket lol !! Good choice mate pics when you get it

Winner winner chicken dinner , lovely car mate have you heard these with the cats off ? My giddy aunt they make a racket lol !! Good choice mate pics when you get it

Nevermind Ron's pic's get your own sorted out Matt FFS :rolleyes:

I updated my build thread a couple of weeks back you must have missed it , few bits I've got a done to post so maybe in the next few weeks if I get chance and can be arsed lol

Whoops.......had the car less than a day, crashed into MRC tuning where a stage 2 kit fell into the engine bay :( then the car rolled back onto the dyno......

[ATTACH]79849[/ATTACH]

Lol, are you on Audisrs fourm? I saw a few guys doing the stage 2 group buy thing. Ive been very tempted by these, manual is quite rare is it not?

If I were to go to one car it would be one of these or stretch to a C6 RS6 I think.

Having "fallen out" with the Corrado for a while after the sunroof broke, I've actually been told by a medical professional that I need to re-engage with my hobbies :)

So no hassle from my wife for the moment!

Last winter I stripped the front end, replaced a rotten wing, ball joints, track rods etc

I've mean meaning to run my attention to the back end (ooh er) as I wanted to hunt for rust, do tank straps, fuel filter and rear beam bushes.

First, bumper off. All looked good but a little digging found two fairly superficial rust patches in the corners

0c90e4d468a5580abc767a21c4d7d753.jpg

0cc8bbcd3f2c66d3b6c1bf9177b261ec.jpg

These seem to be caused by water sitting in the chassis rail opening for the bumper and then penetrating down the seal. Easy enough to fix and metal is in good shape.

Having removed the fuel tank and exhaust, I got a look at the underside.

Looks worse than it is, all just surface rust but was well hidden by the original sealant.

e0d0ee1b76acd05339756a6dff1b5553.jpg

1294d911b0219f51c963622419cae020.jpg

c099ba95199441545f01449ef968d0cd.jpg

All these areas have had seemingly ok looking sealant removed. Just goes to show what is lurking! If I'd left them a couple more years then they would have become problems.

Edited by Hofmiester

Also removed the fuel filter that looked pretty corroded. Will also be dropping the rear beam, cleaning it up and fitting bushes.

304076e303739e20890ee76a67d90d41.jpg

30e0a195d7f2b5a44545c353ad345600.jpg

While I was there, I noticed the lip of the sill had some rusty stains so I started peeling sealant back.

9b4476473505a574ff05c970f6597d82.jpg

Again, just surface rust but a good job I got to it now.

Then took an air sander to the tank straps and have them a coat of POR15

c13987cbe0aeca9d829e14a40daa02d7.jpg

8578838be0749c188a483bc9fdd0eedf.jpg

Edited by Hofmiester

Corrados are a strange beast, I've seen rust there on low mileage minters and yet some cars that are just abused have absolutely none! Good to see the love returning.