Gareth192001

The ulitmate Corrado

Ok following Lhotte advice I decided to check out my local petrol station for a few hours last night (3 to be precise) and sadly drew a blank. This might have to do with my local petrol station been closed down 3 years ago but I thought hey why not. That said I got thinking about what would make up the ultimate Corrado, from engine, colour, interior, after market mods, OEM, euro look etc etc.

I would welcome every ones input and see if we can decide on what the ultimate C would look like or maybe not

Purely subjective but this (being biased)

2012-08-04120218.jpg

Blackberry would be my fave colour in fairness.

I'm not familiar with the advise you have received or why you hung out at a petrol station for the 3 hours lookin for Corrados :lol: you'll be lucky to see 10 in a whole year of driving! Is this is a wish list thread? Money no object? In terms of factory spec I'd want a late black VR, manual, electric leather recaros and all the toys, aircon, cruise control and so on. If your talking about the 'ultimate' Corrado, for me it would be a turbo'd R36 4motion with all the above listed toys!

I'm building a battleship grey big turbo 20v at the moment which appeals to me but I think my ultimate would be 4wd with some sort of turbo six pot or perhaps a twin engined 20v might be a laugh.

I think I have replied tyo a similar thread recently. However, for me the Corrado is so close to perfect. If I was to wish VW hadnt discontinued it and had facelifted it instead in 1995-I would like the additions to be standard Air Con/Climate Control, Leather seats as standard, the lovely Sppedline wheels increased in size from 15" to 16", the rear and side indicators smoked, improved Xenon lights, proper wipers, sport suspension option and a Sport exhaust system option. That just about covers it for me

Bill just noticed we have the same colour and both in Surrey, wonder if your the person my mates keep seeing and then saying to me "were you in XX place today? Maybe someone stole your car!". Lol.

maybe Ollie, though I am based near Banstead/Sutton, so usually car is around there. I know there is another LC5M owner on here who is around Kingston A3 area regularly too. Mine usually has roofbars and bikeracks on (as the missus says, looking like the Back to the Future car!)..

maybe Ollie, though I am based near Banstead/Sutton, so usually car is around there. I know there is another LC5M owner on here who is around Kingston A3 area regularly too. Mine usually has roofbars and bikeracks on (as the missus says, looking like the Back to the Future car!)..

I'll add "did it have roof bars" to my list of standard questions :)

Kips is pretty much my perfect Corrado!

Wow Jim I am very flattered by that, i know you always have a good word for it but that is a bit more than I was expecting. Gotta agree though it is rather Fab :lol:

I'm like what you guys are saying, but for me I would have to say R36, or W8 supercharged, 4 motion. Full eletric leather, but seats like an Audi RS4, climate control/air con, DSG/pedal shift system. Adjustable centrol diff, with LSD front and rear, coil overs, with some BBS ch's. smoothed bumpers, Audi door handles, smoothed roof, in carbon, like a BMW M3 CSL, and full H.I.D lights and led rear.

As for colour, well I own a black Corrado, but I like the Audi Nogaro blue, or painted in Gulf racing colours

Edited by Dude VR6

Ha ha James. Comments like that inspire me to start a club for cynics, but it would never catch on!!

Something that is realistically achievable and can be/has been done for not a huuuge amount.

So;

R32, or Supercharged VR both with Haldex or mimimum lsd and final drive mod, in either Black, Silver, Ice Grey, or Blackberry.

Heated leather, and blue or red LEDs on interior switches/clocks to bring it up a little. Again dependant on colour, all red or slightly smoked rear lights and crystal or smoked repeaters. KW V3 coils with a set of either Porsche 928, Teledials, or D90s, or Schmidt Modernlines. Anything else costs little, and can be done as and when. That would be my absolutely perfect Rado, and I'd sell the missus for that!!!:lol:

Something that is realistically achievable and can be/has been done for not a huuuge amount.

So;

R32, or Supercharged VR both with Haldex or mimimum lsd and final drive mod, in either Black, Silver, Ice Grey, or Blackberry.

Heated leather, and blue or red LEDs on interior switches/clocks to bring it up a little. Again dependant on colour, all red or slightly smoked rear lights and crystal or smoked repeaters. KW V3 coils with a set of either Porsche 928, Teledials, or D90s, or Schmidt Modernlines. Anything else costs little, and can be done as and when. That would be my absolutely perfect Rado, and I'd sell the missus for that!!!:lol:

So how much do you want for the wife ?

I bought mine as I think it is a pretty ultimate Corrado. Fairly plain to look at but it's a Blackberry and the engine and running gear couldn't be taken much further. It could make a lot more power if I ever had the balls to open the boost up properly! Mark Gunn's Corrado is also pretty mental, 20vt with 4wd running sub 10 second quarters!

And JMRs 16vG60 is one of the best in all respects if you're into modded rados.

1 x Rado as mentioned above. She's worth it, honest........................:scratch:

have you got pictures to confirm this ? And I'll start building that Corrado you want.

Chris Langdon's Moonlight blue VR on speedie's kills it in my eyes.

image-34.jpg

I've been through the phases of trying to modernise the rado and mod it to death etc and in the end I've come to the conclusion that it's best with light tinkering; no point in trying to make the car something it isn't.

image-34.jpg

I've been through the phases of trying to modernise the rado and mod it to death etc and in the end I've come to the conclusion that it's best with light tinkering; no point in trying to make the car something it isn't.

..that, Sir, looks incredible. Same colour as my car but that paintwork is definitely better than mine, beautiful. Looks like it was a snap taken in 1990s!

image-34.jpg

I agree but put the RS's on and its even better.

hard to say anything definitive i suppose - some that stand out are Rams (ultimate luxury), OSV's silver OEM++, Kevhaywires blistering R32, Kips of course already mentioned, Jay Renshaws motor, BiggerBigBen with the TVR dash, ChrisL's sublime machine, Guy Hartleys Storm, and Stormcharged VR6 stunning car. There are more, but these are the first few that spring to mind.

For me I think it has to be OSV's old car if we are talking about the ultimate standard car. But if I'm building a wish list then it would be OSV's old car with forced induction and 4wd :)