Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

Red Lamps

i've seen alot of european Corrados with full red rear lamps and i think they look well smart i've searched high an low but you cant get them here any ideas anyone as i maybe wrong......and oh i want to change my front spolier for the bigger G60 one they are 104 quid from the dealers anyone know of an aftermarket?????

Red Lamp Ingredients:

Take one set of normal rear lights

take one can of red light spray available from the motorfactors

clean the lens with thinners then apply the spray to the lens!

Basicly i was trying to get a set of these for ages, but couldnt

You have to make them

If you use a green indicator bulb it will flash orange too!

Sorry for the bad news!

try http://www.gpcvwaudi.com they have the 90mm one you are after and the smaller 50mm one. The prices are the wrong way round on the website though but still cheaper than the dealer. Or you could wait till GTI international and get one from there. HTH 8)

I am looking for the same sort of clusters. But am waiting until inters to buy them. I have a feeling my car will look different on the Saturday to how it arrived on the Friday!

Dont GSF do aftermarket chin spoilers?

Red Lamp Ingredients:

You have to make them

Sorry for the bad news!

have you got any contact details for motorfactors??? I need some asap!!!

green bulbs.... i need to try this this could keep the boys in blue off my back.... thankyou

Red Lamp Ingredients:

You have to make them

Sorry for the bad news!

have you got any contact details for motorfactors??? I need some asap!!!

Only prob is that i am in Ireland, you shouldnt have a problem, i will look on the can and see the name of it!

Anywhere that supplier the corsa/saxo boys should have the red spray

you guys can just use RC car "window tint" and clear coat. they make the tint in all colors.

-tape off any part of the headlight you dont want painted

-clean off the headlight with thinners, window cleaner, etc.

-sand the part you will be painting with 600 sand paper (with this you can aslo sand off any of the manufactur markings on the tail light as well - for a nice smooth tail light without any bumps in the paint)

-clean off the part you sanded with your cleaner of choice

-apply a few coats of the "window tint" paint

-apply a few coats of the clear coat

its really quite simple to do. i actually just did my friends jetta last night. i made eveything black but the bottom red part on the outside tail lights. it looks sweet.

er, how do you work that one out then? surely it will just flash red.

or greeny-red...

or not at all, depending on the exact filtering qualities of the orange plastic and red tint you use...

It will look mre orange than the all red ones,

Like dr mat sadi, greeny red, just look at it then 8)

I've had a few attempts at this and the best method is just two thick passes with Foliatec red spray from Halfords.

You'll get a very dark orange top half and stock at the bottom but the difference in colour is very slight and the indicators remain orange - with normal bulbs!

If you go with 3 heavy passes, i.e. totally red, you will get pulled over eventually. As I did.

K

ive been looking for folia tec being sold in the state for months now. still cant find any one who will deliver to the states :( can anyone help with this.

hmm, greeny red? that' brown then isn't it?

Red light + Green light = Orange light, not brown. (look at a tri colour LED, Red, Green or Amber when both are on together... )

Light filter colours don't work the same as pigment colours... that's why the 3 primary pigment colours are red, blue, and yellow, but the 3 main colours of light are Red Green and Blue... 8) Add together red blue and yellow pigments and you get black, add together red green and blue light and you get white light... 8)

You'll probably have to use a slightly higher wattage green bulb, but this should work well 8)

hmm, greeny red? that' brown then isn't it?

Red light + Green light = Orange light, not brown. (look at a tri colour LED, Red, Green or Amber when both are on together... )

Light filter colours don't work the same as pigment colours... that's why the 3 primary pigment colours are red, blue, and yellow, but the 3 main colours of light are Red Green and Blue... 8) Add together red blue and yellow pigments and you get black, add together red green and blue light and you get white light... 8)

You'll probably have to use a slightly higher wattage green bulb, but this should work well 8)

Thanks Henny, i was starting to doubt myself there!

Nice engine i your avitar!

Thanks Henny, i was starting to doubt myself there!

Nice engine i your avitar!

No problems... 8) (oh, and the engine's nicer now it's in the car! ;) )

Sorry, Henny, it's not that easy:

"Two overlapping primary colour filters can remove (virtually) all visible light. A primary colour filter overlapping with its complementary secondary colour filter will also remove (virtually) all visible light. (Virtually, since it is extremely difficult to produce filters with a sharp cut-off of light transmission at a certain wavelength. Most coloured filters "leak" some light at other wavelengths.)"

So. One green filter on the bulb, and a red filter on the lens == almost no transmitted light. Filters don't work in an additive way, they become subtractive. The green filter on the bulb will only pass green light, removing any red. The red filter on the lens will remove the green, only passing any remaining red. So you're at the mercy of the accuracy of the colour bandpass filters..

Tho I have to say I've not tried it... ;)

Peogeot 206's have a red tail light, the reflector is green with a clear bulb!

Look at one of them! :wink:

Yeah, but the red tint is very light. I know, the missus has one. That red tint is more a "hint of red" (it's more or less clear) than the kind of red tint that's getting sprayed onto Corrado lights, which is "really really red, no I mean it, this is totally and completely red". That's what it says on the tin, anyway..

Different ball game. One subtlely adds a red tint to the light, the other blocks everything other than red light..

Yep, the pug clusters are formed of rows of pink, red, pink, red etc etc So the pink bits are thin enough to allow orange light through still. Had a look at someone's Pug 206 GTI 180 not 5 mins ago :lol: They look pretty cheap n nasty close up actually.

K