jimmytarzan

Audi handles..?

Does anyone know anything about fitting the Audi A3 handles on a corrado?

how much it would cost and who would do it etc??

I really wanna get the car looking sweet this year, i'd like these done before a repaint.

Yes, I have them and any bodyshop that can weld SHOULD be able to do it. I made the linkages with a little jiggery pokery. I used passat door lock mechanisms, they are the same as a corrado but larger striker area, drilled a hole through them then bent a metal rod to fit and put a stopper on the end so when the handle was lifted it pushed the striker et voila! the mechanism is VERY close to the window so if you do it make sure you check clearance as you are installing it

Of the handle or the mechanism? Havn't got any of the mechanism because its all hidden away now but got these of them being done and finished article:

IMAG0376.jpg

376577_446527228725242_780315423_n.jpg

Hi Jimmytarzan, as dragon green has kindly suggested, i do have Audi door handles on my own Corrado. this is a modification we offer at JMR. The price is variable dependant upon the degree to which you want to involve our services. Ie for example, many of our previous customers have chosen to supply the parts, and once the conversion is complete have chosen to carry out re-fitting the door trim. We are happy to discuss your needs, and to this end welcome your enquiry. You can contact JMR on 01903718684.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

py2e5ega.jpg

your also need remote central locking kit, dont want to put you off but its alot of work! The mechansims a bitch aswell, i ended up modifying an M8 elbow balljoint, basicly cut it and re welded it so its straight, that then bolts to the lock latch then the other end goes to the arm from the handle, all threaded studs , so theres zero flex and absolutly no way it can fail , i used audi a6 handles as the surrounding metal seems flatter then that of the A3,

DSC00791.jpg

pictures of the whole thing in my thread,

DSC00849.jpg

So would et 20 9j poke a load on the back? And would 8j et25 215/40/16 be ok on the front.

I dont want to hi-jack the thread just in the process of buying some wheels in the next couole of days and hope they will work

So would et 20 9j poke a load on the back? And would 8j et25 215/40/16 be ok on the front.

I dont want to hi-jack the thread just in the process of buying some wheels in the next couole of days and hope they will work

thread jacker you!! , et 20 would actualy stick further in the arch then et 15, to match the look of mine on a g60 i think et10 would do it, so yea your be fine with et 20 should poke a tiny bit i recon, i had 7.5 et 15 upfront and it cleared ok on the vr so et25 should be fine, the lower the number the more it sticks out...

Hi peeps, thanks for all your words of wisdom, i'm opting for an easier solution, a guy I met through a breakers recently has a pair of doors with the A3 handles already fitted that he will sell me and also fit....this hopefully circumvents all the technical issues, the only down point is that they are red and my car is black!

Hopefully this will prompt me to get the repaint done sooner rather than later.

Hi Dickie,

We could make up parts as you require. However, owing to the bespoke nature of these parts, we would require your car in our workshop to allow us to build the parts to spec. Due to the fact that each install of these handles is slightly different with regard to positioning, so too is the operating mech allowing it to function in harmony with the existing latch.