VWVW

Whats wrong with peoples driving these days. Rant.

Whats wrong with peoples driving these days. Rant.

Have not driven my car for at least two weeks. Thought I will take it out for a spin today as the sun was out. So reconnected the battery, pumped up the tyres to the right pressure and off I went.

No sooner had I driven down the road to a sharp bend someone coming in the other direction (VW golf Mk5) nearly took out my car as he has wondered into my side of the lane so had to take evasive action to avoid a collision...same road another similar bend same thing nearly happened again!!! So thats two near misses within less than 5 min. But still a lovely drive in the corrado despite the early near misses :)

I tell ya people are driving way over their ability.

I've seen a real drop in people's driving ability over the last few years. It's atrocious now.

That wasn't anywhere near Chalgrove/Cuxham was it? *looks worried*

No your safe it way up in North end of Wales...:)

We have a blind bend in Wotton, where cars are parked along the inside of the bend. Pretty much every time I drive with the parked cars on the left, someone coming the other way just careers around the corner without slowing to look. You WILL hit oncoming traffic on this bend unless you slow to around 5-10mph on approach to the bend, yet people just don't seem to care, meaning I often have to take evasive action. Same on a small lane on the way to work. Other cars just don't seem to think it's important to slow down at all, meaning I often have to come to a complete and sudden halt, half in the bushes. I've had so many near misses there it's crazy. The thing that really tops it off is that most of them don't even say thanks for letting them past :(

I drive a lot as part of my work. I ve seen lady once on the motorway doing her mascara...It really was shocking to see.

No your safe it way up in North end of Wales...:)

Oh good, was worried then because down this A road I take to work there is this one corner which requires you to slow down to about 20mph but you can see traffic coming from the right so if there is nothing there you can cut the corner, which I tend to do to avoid a massive pothole right on the corner (which is another problem with the roads in this country!)

Too many "racer types" on the roads who think they can drive, when they very obviously cannot. I see it all the time and I'll admit I do enjoy teaching them a thing or two.....

taking the mississ out for tea friday nite

weather atrocious but hey ho sit on my fiiiiin bumper you numpty

on the m4 by margam bloody notorious crash spot wonder why!!!

rant over cheers all paul

Edited by nipper09
spelling

Had some kid in a Corsa with 4 people in it try to keep up with me (not that I was racing, just accelerated quicker than him) around a corner, getting side by side with me at which point his whole car moved over half way on my lane forcing me to move over almost into the central reservation and then take out his mirror as I got out of there as I was gonna get squished!

Agreed withall of the above - the lack of road manners is ridiculous, maybe 10% of drivers say thanks. Mums in their damn 4wd that they cant control, and just drive all over the place. people deliberately not allowing others to join traffic because it will waste them 1 second! Others cutting in at the last possible moment on a sliproad to bypass all the others who have been waiting patiently...

My mates were on their way to work , the passenger looks up and says '' look at the skirt on that schoolgirl you wouldnt think her dad would let her wear that ''. The bloke behind was so busy looking he didnt see them stop at a roundabout . he smashed right into the back of them , thing was he was delivering a car back from the body shop to a customer !!! He was only young bet he got ripped a new ars=hole

try riding a bike, pretty sure i become invisible even with my headlight on and i especially love people who drive around without

scraping snow or ice off there windows... idiots.

try riding a bike, pretty sure i become invisible even with my headlight on and i especially love people who drive around without

scraping snow or ice off there windows... idiots.

That reminds me I was in the Burnley area one frosty early morning. I noticed a car being driven in the opposite direction completely frosted over except a letter box size clearing on the front windscreen. I could not believe my eyes!!! what an idiot accident waiting to happen.

try riding a bike, pretty sure i become invisible even with my headlight on.

with these super bright headlight bulbs which dazzle even on dipped beam, if a cyclist is in front of a vehicle with them, from the opposite direction you just will not see him whether they have their headlight on or not. Modern lights have a lot to answer for!

My pet hate & rants often happen when other drivers are not able to drive according to the highway code under which they passed their driving license test

the most often annoyance is when they feel it is their 'right' to be driving in the 'over taking' lane (as per the highway code the UK does not have a 'middle' of 'fast' lane, only 2 overtaking lanes in which you should reside in only for the time it takes to overtake the slower moving cars) & refuse to move over despite the fact they are there are zero cars in front of them or to the side of them.....

& then they get angry & abusive when, after having being patient & waited for them to not move over, i flash them with full beam once to request they move

I normally refuse to undertake these idiots as it is against the highway code & is dangerous & often respond to their hand gestures with a wave lol

Have to agree, too many bad drivers on the roads these days. Chavs in their Saxo's and Corsa's who think they are indestructable while at the other end of the market, middle-aged exec types in their Mercs, Audi's and Beamers who think they own the road because they got a big, new flash car and it's better than 'yours'. Both of these types are just as bad as one another.

I think there is a general lack of consideration towards others, my parents live on a tight bend leading into the village countless cars have crashed into there garden simply from going to fast its now a 20 limit.

My dad was even hit outside the house coming back from a job while we were sat having dinner, the bloke panicked a bit when our whole family came out and then realised that he written of some ones car on there doorstep he called the police saying we were very intimidating which honestly is a fair comment. The guy was a total toss.

Same corner but with people off dog walking and parking just around the bend so that they cant be seen many of them we have told that accidents have happened and that there car will get hit and there response is its insured or doesn't matter its a company car, No thought for others what so ever.

I'm sick to death of people texting whilst driving. I'm in constant fear on my bike of getting hit by one of these numpties! I can confidently say that when i'm filtering through traffic (into Birmingham) at least 1 in every 5 drivers are texting/emailing or facebooking whilst crawling in traffic and wandering around in the road as they do!

I'm sick to death of people texting whilst driving. I'm in constant fear on my bike of getting hit by one of these numpties! I can confidently say that when i'm filtering through traffic (into Birmingham) at least 1 in every 5 drivers are texting/emailing or facebooking whilst crawling in traffic and wandering around in the road as they do!

I know what you mean. Sometimes when I feel very threatened due to their inattentive driving putting me into very comprimising positions (no matter how defensively I am riding) I get the urge to smash their wing mirror's off. This quickly recedes when I remind myself that with no mirrors they will have no chance of knowing what is around their metal box so my short term happiness would just place other two wheeled riders at increased risk. Driving standards driving into SE London are pretty **** poor, but if I'm honest no groups are free from blame: cars, motorbikes, buses, trucks, cycles and pedestrians equally have a contingent of c***s creating misery for other road users. (rant over)

with these super bright headlight bulbs which dazzle even on dipped beam, if a cyclist is in front of a vehicle with them, from the opposite direction you just will not see him whether they have their headlight on or not. Modern lights have a lot to answer for!

i meant when im bouncing me gsxr thou off its limiter... cyclists? they should stick to the pavements.

I always move over for a motorbike if I can and hang my left flasher for a moment. Doing that in traffic I can't believe how many times I see the driver infront check his mirror then move over into the bikes way! If every car driver had to ride a bike on the road for six months they'd pretty soon learn some consideration and it would weed out more than a few of the wannabe racers. But no, the tests for bikes are getting more restrictive and expensive while any moron who can parallel park and remember a few signs on test day gets to drive whatever they (or daddy) can afford to insure.

I've never had a bike on the road, by the time I was 17 I'd been riding off road for years and wanted a car. I'd really like something small and quick to play with but I actually am a bit scared to.

Had a bloke undertake me in my truck the other day at a set of lights then proceeded to carve me up as he pulled across into my lane as his lane, turn left only, had run out of road. Gave him a blast on the horn so he hung out of his window giving me all sorts of abuse. He was so busy doing this he didn't notice the traffic in front had stopped and smacked straight into the car in front of him. I "lolled"... :D

I always move over for a motorbike if I can and hang my left flasher for a moment. Doing that in traffic I can't believe how many times I see the driver infront check his mirror then move over into the bikes way! If every car driver had to ride a bike on the road for six months they'd pretty soon learn some consideration and it would weed out more than a few of the wannabe racers. But no, the tests for bikes are getting more restrictive and expensive while any moron who can parallel park and remember a few signs on test day gets to drive whatever they (or daddy) can afford to insure.

I've never had a bike on the road, by the time I was 17 I'd been riding off road for years and wanted a car. I'd really like something small and quick to play with but I actually am a bit scared to.

you should get one mate... there is a time and place for goin fast tbh but i tend to ride quicker than i drive in traffic basically because u gotta treat everyone

as an obstacle just waitin to ruin ur day... thought i might have got a bite about the cyclist comment but i used to cycle and thought it was safer on the pavement.

some drivers, luckily not all... have no respect what so ever for anyone on 2 wheels or how dangerous there ignorrant, appalling driving is.