nitsypee

Where are the Storms?

The parts issue is an interesting one, and although I became aware of it a couple of years ago I haven't given it much thought. Is it enough of a problem to put someone off buying a Corrado?

I may go and see a couple of cars this weekend.

The parts issue is an interesting one. Is it enough of a problem to put someone off buying a Corrado?

Doesn't look like it. From what I read in many a for sale advert, a combination of being blind to the truth and a lack of prior research are the usual contributing factors into short term ownership. Whilst to others, it's another box ticked and then back to something more modern/comfortable.

I remember Dinkus's old Blue VR looked exactly like that when he replaced his springs and dampers (VW parts), so I'd say they're correct.

I'm sure I've seen that car around Colchester some years ago and it was looking very tatty indeed. The painters did a good job.

I was very tempted by it but with so many parts are being obsoleted, Corrado ownership is no longer viable in the long term as I like to use genuine parts only. That and other reasons have totally killed the Corrado market. There's been 13 for sale on Pistonheads for months and Volkswizard have had that one for sale for months also.

Agree with this.....

The parts issue is an interesting one, and although I became aware of it a couple of years ago I haven't given it much thought. Is it enough of a problem to put someone off buying a Corrado?

I may go and see a couple of cars this weekend.

There has never been a situation in all my years of ownership where I've been unable to get a part. I generally always try and go genuine first and if it's obsolete or prohibitively expensive, I'll resort to a pattern of some kind. So far, no real showstoppers.

There has never been a situation in all my years of ownership where I've been unable to get a part. I generally always try and go genuine first and if it's obsolete or prohibitively expensive, I'll resort to a pattern of some kind. So far, no real showstoppers.

If its just the running of the car then I agree, but door seals/scrapper seals/sunroof seals ect mean that being able to restore one is very difficult.

Yep /\

It will be the daily use Corrados that suffer. All the consumables that break easily, such as front indicators, headlights & foglights will soon disappear. I think VW are already out of foglights on one side?

If its just the running of the car then I agree, but door seals/scrapper seals/sunroof seals ect mean that being able to restore one is very difficult.

Fair point, well made.. never had to replace any of that kind of stuff. Yet.

To be honest unless they are completely factory there aint much point in calling it a storm anyway. Half of them have been modded a fair bit so kinda loose their storm status. that's just my opinion of course :lol:

what a pile of turd!! :lol:

OK - sad geeza here who keeps a detailed record of any Storms I see.

Just for info - this particular one was actually up for sale on last year on 25/04/12. Little confused however as the details do not seem to correspond with what I noted last time off ebay - Reg same as M866 DAP, BUT first reg date as 02/02/1995, not 26/4/95 stated now. Also Previous owners was stated as 7! not 3 as listed here. Incidentally at that time Mileage - 136290, Cost £2495. It may be that the details were wrongly stated on ebay last time (Storm from April ? 1995 onwards) - so just a heads up. Looks like paper work is all there so worth checking.

Well spotted that man if i had been looking to buy this car and this information had been relayed it would have been a great help :salute:

I've just been given permission from the one that wears the trousers to put a cheaky bid in on this one. I'm gonna phone him tomorrow so I'll double check the information, and ask for V5 Serial Number to do a VOSA history check, as well as ask any other questions that are relevant. Anyone actually know this car or the owner? Its also on PH for £2200 btw.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

One here too although the ad doesn't state its a Storm, so not sure if its just been badged as such.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/vw-corr4ando-29-vr6/1011843843

Yeah its a pretty crap ad tbf. Says to contact two different names too between the ads on the Classic Green one. :scratch:

Edited by seanl82

Just spoken to the guy about the Green Storm, he uses the car daily bud didn't sound overly knowledgeable about Corrados in general. He said said it developed a misfire last week and he's changed the plugs and it hasn't returned, but the guy that did the work told him the coil pack is possibly on its way out. Also ran over a nail yesterday.......... so has the spare standard speedline on but he'll get the tyre changed this week. The lacquer has peeled on the front O/S wing and the edge of the bonnet. There is also slight rust forming around the side repeater. 5 Months Tax, 7 Months MOT, heated seats take a while to get warm, Guides and tensioners changed with the Chains and receipt to prove. No oil or water loss, no leaks, sunroof and spoiler work, heaters work on all setting and blow nice and warm, a few small marks and scuffs to bodywork. He wasn't in so didn't have the V5 to hand for me to do a history check either. He said its solid underneath, but as I had to ask all of the above, and prompt some kind of response from him, I'm not sure he actually knows that for sure. I said that if I won it, I would only be able to pick it up next weekend due to work commitments, and he didn't sound too sure. He asked for a deposit, so I mentioned PayPal and he shy'd away a bit, and said just to pay on collection.

Think I'm gonna have to mull this one over, as I know all aren't as knowledgeable as some on here but because I'm unable to view it before, I just don't know if I can accept his responses as gospel.

Just spoken to the guy about the Green Storm, he uses the car daily bud didn't sound overly knowledgeable about Corrados in general. He said said it developed a misfire last week and he's changed the plugs and it hasn't returned, but the guy that did the work told him the coil pack is possibly on its way out. Also ran over a nail yesterday.......... so has the spare standard speedline on but he'll get the tyre changed this week. The lacquer has peeled on the front O/S wing and the edge of the bonnet. There is also slight rust forming around the side repeater. 5 Months Tax, 7 Months MOT, heated seats take a while to get warm, Guides and tensioners changed with the Chains and receipt to prove. No oil or water loss, no leaks, sunroof and spoiler work, heaters work on all setting and blow nice and warm, a few small marks and scuffs to bodywork. He wasn't in so didn't have the V5 to hand for me to do a history check either. He said its solid underneath, but as I had to ask all of the above, and prompt some kind of response from him, I'm not sure he actually knows that for sure. I said that if I won it, I would only be able to pick it up next weekend due to work commitments, and he didn't sound too sure. He asked for a deposit, so I mentioned PayPal and he shy'd away a bit, and said just to pay on collection.

Think I'm gonna have to mull this one over, as I know all aren't as knowledgeable as some on here but because I'm unable to view it before, I just don't know if I can accept his responses as gospel.

Don't rush it mate from what your saying i myself would be wary can you not get someone to go an have a look at it for you someone on here maybe?

I'd very much appreciate it if someone could, in exchange for a few beer tokens obviously!

Car is in Newcross, Lewisham. Anyone nearby that doesn't mind taking an hour or so out of their day, please me know either on here or give me a ring on 0seven55doublefour2399nine and I'll see you right. Thanks. :thumbleft:

Edited by seanl82