Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

It seems like my outside air temp is mounted on right before the fresh air vent opening on the box itself. Because I didn't have it hooked up and it was reading the right outside temp, I unplugged the sensor and it lost the outside temp so I think mines wired in. To the climatronic already

There is a temp sensor there that the climate panel takes it's feed from if the external mk4 sensor isn't plugged in or working. If you hook up the diagnostic, you will have a fault code for the external air temp. You do need to wire in a separate mk4 temp sensor.

I forgot to as well! I have the 02j reverse switch and some wires coming from it, just deciding on if I can be bothered to swap the plugs or spend 10 quid!

I think it will look neater just swapping the plug, I imagine the adapter will be fairly big for what it is, I might have a trip to a breakers next time my shift pattern allows me the time!

That's where I "sourced" a lot of my bits from! It's not an adapter as far as i'm aware, it's the same switch as the mk4 but with a Corrado friendly plug so I'd imagine it wouldn't look messy at all. My local TPS is an hour away, so it really does boil down to whether I can be bothered to swap the plugs. The loom is wrapped nice and neatly, so you would never notice I'd swapped the plugs over apart fromt here being a mk4 style plug in the bay. But then I do have a 24v in there already and the mk4 coolant bottle so plenty of those new plugs already!

Do you know what car the corrado friendly switch came from? My local scrappy is not that well stocked with VW's. Plenty of Fords and French pap tho!

Ah that makes more sense than an adapter, I must have misread the info about that, I'm not sure what it comes from but I'll ask when I go to TPS

Another day, another update! Fitted new brake lines and clips to the rear beam and then fitted that back to the vehicle.

Points of interest when fitting rear beam, it's really fecking awkward to do on your own! Even with a trolley jack and a few spare axle stands!

Something arrived in the post for me earlier!

20130820_160023_zps3300650e.jpg

Test fitted them earlier to see how they sat. I definitely need to sort out the suspension, but I could do with actually getting the car back on the road first!

20130820_182123_zpsc313a3b7.jpg

20130820_182105_zps597c21f4.jpg

They have now been removed and put somewhere very safe and secure whilst I sort the rest of the car out!

Very nice! I'm on the lookout for some wheels, and it was a toss up between these and LMs. I was actually gonna go for the LMs but I've been thinking again (yes it hurts) and I think I'm gonna go for some RX228s to free up a little extra cash for other bits and pieces that really need doing! Looks awsome though, when is it likely to be on the road Sean? I think I'm done for this year tbh, I've got a few things I really need to get on with so its off the road atm, and I may keep it that way until I've accrued enough of the exterior trim parts I need to replace when respaying over winter. What suspension you eyeing up mate?

I'm not sure on when I will get it back on the road. I'm currently aiming to have it roadworthy by the spring and hopefully make it to a few shows next summer. Paint won't happen for a couple of years though, I'm leaving the RAF in 18 months time and need to dedicate myself to that before I spend on the rado. It would be nice if I could get it into my garage for the winter, but the garage is full of crap so I need to work on that!

I'm thinking of the Weitec range at the moment or some good springs and shocks with a 40mm drop. Not sure yet. I loved having the KW v1's on my last rado, but new, they are over £800 now, which I would struggle to justify for now! I'm off on holiday soon with the wife, so that needs my attention as well first!

I had the RX228's on my last Rado, wonderful wheels. I got my last set cheap from some classifieds somewhere and then refurbed them.

Ahh so it was you who bought them asked Bill on sunday but he wouldn't tell me :lol: Damn you Bill if Sean hadn't bought your wheel's he may have bought my Seat's:rolleyes: Anyway they do look very nice well done :thumbleft:

Have a look at the beginning of this thread for a picture of my old car btw!

Looks ace that mate, can't wait to get a set on. Are you time done in 18 months then, or just had enough?

Ahh so it was you who bought them asked Bill on sunday but he wouldn't tell me :lol: Damn you Bill if Sean hadn't bought your wheel's he may have bought my Seat's:rolleyes: Anyway they do look very nice well done :thumbleft:

Ahhh! I'm guilty!

Looks ace that mate, can't wait to get a set on. Are you time done in 18 months then, or just had enough?

A little from column A and a little from Column B! I've had enough and I'm approaching the useful 12 year point. Things are just not the same, but I won't lecture on on an open forum, I'm sure you are aware of the current climate.

Thanks for the link, I'll try and avoid the credit card best I can with this project but it's nice to know in a moment of weakness!

Fair enough mate, half pension helps and I seriously thought about it tbh. I also had a medical board to attend so went to that but they kept me in. Redundancy happened at the same time but my branch wasn't targeted, yet I contemplated voluntary as well. I then got selected for promotion which I'm on course for now, and I've only got 6 years left come the end of it so I'm a lifer now!

Bit of progress on the old girl for the first time in nearly 5 weeks! I've now fitted the full brake lines to the rear of the car and all of the exhaust heat shields. Slowly getting there!

Not much progress as I have been very busy recently for a change! I've fabbed up a bracket to relocate my coolant reservoir forward slightly. I also thought I would clean out the interior of all spare bits of trim and general junk when to my surprise I found that the passenger foot well was approx 2 inches deep in rainwater from all of the recent bad weather! Looks as if my foliage seal has succumb to age and failed from when I had it apart when installing my climate control. All cleaned up and siliconed to within an inch of it's life. There have been quite a few heavy rain storms since and a good soaking with the hose pipe since and it has remained beautifully dry! It's the simple things!

I still need to replace the clutch line and i'm probably going to bite the dust and get a brand spanking new flexi clutch line from VW (approx £70 I think!) and then fit the front brake lines and that should leave me with a complete new brake and clutch system. All I need now is the B4 ABS warning light, but they are not easy to find!

After that, I need to get an exhaust made up, complete from the manifolds back and I think I have found a local custom exhaust place, so will probably look into that after Christmas!

I also need to setup the air filter system and its pipework and then that should leave me with a driveable car. OK, so there are a million and one things to do to get her up to standard, but I'm getting there slowly!

Oh and fit a Brown (I believe!) coolant sensor for the coolant sensor post 24v install!

Bit more of an update, Nothing on the car itself, but I have preformed a modern miracle. Yes, I have got my Corrado into a modern, new build garage! Along with the rest of my rubbish! It makes me rest easy knowing that my nice new brake discs and other new bits won't ruin over the winter!

Well, I've been working a bit more on it over the week. Grabbed a few hours here and there in the evenings and now I have working brakes and a working clutch! I have a feeling that maybe the clutch master or slave cylinder isn't in tip top condition and the pedal feels a bit soft despite a few good bleedings!

I have a broken 02J selector end which answers my difficulty to select reverse, 1st, 3rd and 5th, so a new one of those will hopefully cure that! But, Popped it into second and she moved under her own power for the first time since Feb!

Now I need to do:

Exhaust system - it's a bit loud otherwise!

02J selector counterweight - The hockey club version I have interferes with the coolant pipework - TT one?

Oil Pressure sensors need fitting to the housing

Need a new coolant reservoir feed pipe, mine is kinked with the relocated reservoir

Need to sort out the air intake but I cant seem to find the right sized pipework!

Secure the ECU

Battery terminal clamps are loose - investigate new ones!

Replace drivers door mirror housing - the old one fell off!

Then MOT time!

Then some bodywork!