robrado974

Getting rid of vr fuel saving device ????

Having a few problems from time to time with starting my car , im sure its a lack of fuel problem that im getting . Ive had a look at the , show us your bays thread and none of the vr's i saw have this device . Its a metal tube shape that sits next to the head , so instead of the two fuel pipes going straight to the fuel rail they go through this first . I was told that this is a fuel saver and has a limited life of a few thousand miles, i want to remove this and renew the pipes to go into the fuel rail ,as i think this is so old it might be clogged and causing fuel starvation . Any advice would be great as always .

Regards

Rob

Having a few problems from time to time with starting my car , im sure its a lack of fuel problem that im getting . Ive had a look at the , show us your bays thread and none of the vr's i saw have this device . Its a metal tube shape that sits next to the head , so instead of the two fuel pipes going straight to the fuel rail they go through this first . I was told that this is a fuel saver and has a limited life of a few thousand miles, i want to remove this and renew the pipes to go into the fuel rail ,as i think this is so old it might be clogged and causing fuel starvation . Any advice would be great as always .

Regards

Rob

It's not one of those ekotek valves is it? You might be better posting a photo so we can see what you see :)

I should have put a pic up , but was rushing to get out of the door , will put one up later if I get a chance , think you can see it in my build thread though . Rob

Those useless ecotek things are generally located on a vacuum pipe to the inlet manifold.

Interesting looking device. Looks like an inline filter or something.

You should just get a replacement fuel line that connects to the hard lines.

When you say hard lines , are you talking about the fuel rail ? ,as this is what i want to do . I should have done it last year when i had a leak in one of the lines .

Rob

looks like one of those ionisation/ magnetic things.

think pete is suggesting changing entire rubber line from fuel rail to the hard lines that travel through the chassis, arrive in engine bay near the steering linkage. did mine few years ago, just used halfords pipe, 7mm i think the bore is.

Thanks for info , yeah that's what I wanted to do , should have known the hard lines are the ones running underneath ! I will check but thought when I changed one before it was 8mm ? .good to know I can remove it though, many thanks . Rob

WTF is that!!!

That is what you call a "Placebo Valve"

It works buy someone telling you it works, you believe them and then you give them money. Quite simple really!

Snake oil and bad science?, but out of curiosity I tried one of those chunks of alloy you put in the fuel tank, decades ago.

That is what you call a "Placebo Valve"

It works buy someone telling you it works, you believe them and then you give them money. Quite simple really!

LOL! Where can I get one??

Ha ha, yeah it's one of those "ion straightener" devices :lol: It's supposed to realign the ions in the fuel for a more efficient burn. Hmmmm.....