markTTC

Lupo GTi front wiper conversion - See Page 23!!! for update

VW have made a right arse of themselves with these wipers. My eplacement blades are on back order! How can a simple service item like that be on back order??!

I'd get these quick guys if you havn't already, there doing away with the set part number and there are only 17 pairs left, in future you'll have to buy the arms and blades seperatly which is bound to be more expensive...

Absolutely right there. As i said, when the guy tried to sell me the blades and arms seperately, it added up to nearer £70, as opposed to the £40 for the kits..

apologies to daves16v for using his pics but here is a comparison of a very minor tweak to the drivers wiper to get better clearing of the screen nearest the 'A' pillar.

I know it doesn't look much but a combination of setting the arm a tiny bit higher on the screen at rest position and bendng the pivot 'prong' that the blade pushes onto really does get the blade much nearer the A pillar and more parallel with it. I needed to slightly enlarge the inside of the metal sleeve on the blade where it pushes onto the arm as the bent prong made the arm stiff to pivot, if not free this prevents all areas of the blades swipe from clearing water.

My image of the wiper 'up' was taken to the side slightly more than 'daves16v' so the difference in closeness to the A-pillar doesn't look as great as it actually is, I reckon I get about 2cm more swept area by the pillar.

The height of the 'at rest' position does not seem to obscure the forward vision any more than before, which is not at-all, and anyway much better than the old Corrado wipers.

Note: I have a drivers side blade on the drivers side arm at the moment.

David.

OK i am slowly getting this package 2gether. I Have 2 drivers arms 1 has a blade and 1 doesn't therefore what should i get, a drivers blade or a passenger blade and do you know the part number of the one i should get? Thanks!!

Good tip from a great site.Only bought my corrado three weeks ago and found this site the other day,very helpfull.Have done the wiper mod and the headlight mod thanks to this site.Now I can see at night and in the rain :roll:

Thanks Matt

The set part number is now obselete and there is no stock left.

The only way to but these now is going back to getting the arms and blades seperatly - RRP is nearly £90 but if you get a decent discount they will be about £70 for the 4 items.

Have just found that out while trying to order kits from my local dealer. Can anyone give an up to date list of part numbers that one would need to buy to get the right stuff? I don't really trust the dealer :o)

Cheers,

--

Olly

Luckly when i went to buy mine a couple of weeks ago, my local stealers had 1 complete set left but i had to buy the other set as 2 peices. The Part Numbers i got were -

6X2998406 - Complete wiper set - this is what you want if your stealers has any but I doubt it.

otherwise

6X2955410C - Wiper Arm - £30.45

6X2955426 - Wiper Blade - £10.49

+VAT

Ok, there are no 'sets' left...

You will need two of the arms listed above and the blade, for best fitment you want to get the passenger blade (part number ends in 425 instead of 426) and fit that to the drivers side of the corrado...

So the whole lot should come to roughly £82 + VAT (Just under £100)

And i thought it was just my car.

Picked up my car n drove the 200 miles home,in what was probbaly the rainiest day 4 a while,

New car, driving fast, and crap wipers, did make me think.. what have i just gone and bought..cant even see.

Will be off to get the new wipers on monday, will let u know how it goes.

Thanks 4 the tip.

Corrado new guy

Chris.

and the part number for the pass. blade has now also changed (i think).

and i quote about the kits:

"they`ve changed `cos we`re not making enough money from you corrado boys!

(parts dude at my dealers!!!!)

:lol:

I got some on Tuesday (ordered the previous Friday) with the part numbers as mentioned above (...425 for Lupo pass. blade), but it wouldn't surprise me if they've been superceded already.

I love the way I can now see in the rain! I'm going to bend the arm on my driver's side a bit to line it up with the pillar, but even as it is it's a dramatic improvement over what went before. Shame it cost a ton.

Thanks,

--

Olly

Obviously they feel that they can't give us any concessions and the Lupo wipers have to join the ranks of outrageously priced items such as crap carpets @ £56 a pop and ABS controllers @ £500 a pop.

Good old VW. Corrado's a fantastic car but the parent company won't give you a bloody inch.

yeah £100 quid is a lot to spend seen as i went to order some before xmas but went to the pub instead!!!!

i wonder how much corrado ones are though just to justify my spending habits

oh and olly if you haven`t got one already, get a headlight loom of H100VW thats an amazing upgrade for 1/2 the price

my lights were so bright on the way to work this morning @5.30am that i had to shut my eyes :lol:

my lights were so bright on the way to work this morning @5.30am that i had to shut my eyes

:oD

Yep, it's on the list. Gotta wait until payday though! I also need to disassemble my LH headlamp and clean the dirt out of it, 'cos it's not very shiny and it's somewhat dimmer than the RH one :o)

Cheers,

--

Olly

Funkster - do NOT touch the silver inserts / reflectors inside the headlights. Apparently the material that is used to coat them will just flake off if you even touch it so handle the inside of the headlights with care!

yup i second jimsG60, just picked up my old headlights ( knackered) and indeed the silver does rub off onto your finger!!!!!

oops!!!!!

Can someone please confirm I just need to order the WIPER ARM and WIPER BLADE. - as a set if available?

I DONT need to order a spindle or anything else?

If so I'll tell you all where you can get a kit for £18:06 per side ;)

Yeah its just the arm and blade set! No spindle required afaik!!

So how do you get them for £18 a side then :wink: :)

Cheers - I'm visiting the garage on saturday. I'm having a new windscreen fitted and seems like a good idea to do the conversion as well. I'll check it out then and post part numbers.. :)

Well as promised I've just picked a set up from VM Morden (South London) The parts numbers you need are

6x2998406

6x2998405

This is the arm and the blade. The cost is £18.06 a side plus VAT.

They have 9 pairs left in stock but unfortuantely they don't deliver.