markTTC

Lupo GTi front wiper conversion - See Page 23!!! for update

The VW dealership said they dont sell them together and what i got was correct.

They're talking crap m8 - ALL VW dealers can get the arm & blade as a kit under 1 part number.

I have Aero wipers on my Polo and i've found that they last much longer when you use Genuine VAG Screenwash, sounds mad but its true.

Part number for a litre bottle is G 052 164 A2

Cheers

Neil

I have Aero wipers on my Polo and i've found that they last much longer when you use Genuine VAG Screenwash, sounds mad but its true.

Yeah, thats becuase it doesn't have as high an Alcohol content as other brands... will be more friendly to your window seals as well

Ive just called the vw dealership to see where my lupo wipers are and he said that they are on back order and if a replacement part number doesnt come up on his computer by the end of next week then they probably wont get any in that fit the rado. Apparently the new ones dont fit.

Can anybody get hold of a pair for me ? I will pay any which way u want :)

HELP

I've got a load of stuff I need to go pick up from VAG next week, so I'll see if I can order another pair of arms for you :)

I've got a load of stuff I need to go pick up from VAG next week, so I'll see if I can order another pair of arms for you :)

thanx hun, ill post if mine ever come through so u dont get stuck with some :)

thanx hun, ill post if mine ever come through so u dont get stuck with some :)

No problem, I'll give them a call on Monday and order them, then post on here to let you know if they'll have them (I got mine from them only a couple of weeks ago, so I'm sure they will).

Ok I called Sheppards today and they'll get them in by Thursday. They should be £19.40 inc VAT, so I'll PM you and we can work out payment/collection/delivery :)

Edit: £19.40 each, not total

Hey

are the lupo GTI wipers not exactly the same as the polo wipers ??

Do you think the Bentley CGT wipers will fit the rado.

G

I seem to remember that they are VERY similar, but the mounting point on the blade is in a very slightly different place on them so they may foul on the outside of the screen...

The reason everyone uses the Lupo ones is 'cos the Lupo GTI was the first to get this style of blade out of the VAG range which were anywhere near close... now that they're fitting them to most of their cars (and not just the GTIs) there's probably an even better solution out there... 8)

Hey

are the lupo GTI wipers not exactly the same as the polo wipers ??

Do you think the Bentley CGT wipers will fit the rado.

As far as I know the Lupo ones are the only ones small enough, I've looked at new Polo's and Golfs and there too long...

Ok

Cool thanks for that. will need to find some sometime soon. Do you know about TT wippers. the TT has quite a small screen. Will have to have a look the next time i am at home (dad has a TT).

G

They might do - i think Graham at Stealth used the TT ones on his G60 but the Lupo ones work fine and are cheap, I'd just stick with a pair of those...

I have a 16v. I am not sure if the various versions of C or indeed each C has slightly different size screens, but I fitted the wipers this morning in 10 mins before work and they fit perfectly. There is a clearance of approximately 1 inch at the top near the roof, and there is no probs on either pillar.

I got two drivers side arms and wipers (code: 6X2998406. Cost £40.80 inc VAT the pair).

I dont understand the cleaning them point. I had them up when i was fitting them but my bonnet was open. Worst case scenario undo the bolt, take it completely off, clean windscreen, put back on, approx time 2 mins.

I have not done big speeds yet so dont know what they are like at high speed, but im pretty sure they is enough room to amend the fitting to counter the problems suggested.

And they look cool. And VW is putting them all over their new cars, so there must be a reason to do that right?

DF.

Additional - Sorry if this seems out of sync - i replied to page 1 not 14!!!! Either way, given the tremendously confusing plethora of codes and opinions, one more wont rock the boat too much.

Additional additional - has someone drawn all over the car on the top left. I am sure it didnt look like that yesterday.

Just got my wiper arms and blades amongst other things from vw, look forward to being able to see where im going in the wet now, really cant believe how bad the corrado ones are!

just been reading through the pages on this topic and wonder if you could tell me the right part numbers for the lupo wipers as i am of to vw tomorrow to order them as i cant see a thing in this wonderful weather we are having. there seems to be so many part numbers and vw seem to change them week in week out. cheers for the help..

just been reading through the pages on this topic and wonder if you could tell me the right part numbers for the lupo wipers as i am of to vw tomorrow to order them as i cant see a thing in this wonderful weather we are having. there seems to be so many part numbers and vw seem to change them week in week out. cheers for the help..

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2x 6x2998406 Wiper arm and blade

1x 1J2955425A Driver side blade

these were okay a couple of months ago when I bought mine - work a treat

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

these were okay a couple of months ago when I bought mine - work a treat

*cough* http://the-corrado.net/how-to/index.php ... tails&id=2 ;)

The kit part number starts with a V...

The extra blade is actually a passenger side one. You still need 2x driver's side arms but the passenger blade gives a slightly better fit than 2x drivers side ones.

to add another twist to the lupo blades thread, i replaced my lupo ones today with slighly longer polo ones, i had to bend the arm a slight bit to get an even pressure on the screen, but they are even better than the lupo ones. my lupo ones did smear a little even from new.

The polo blades i've put on are bosch ones not from VW btw. i paid €24.00 for the pair inc tax

To pi*s into the wind i did things a little different

I was told the wrong thing and got two passanger side Lupo GTi arms and blades. I have a vento vr6 and it has actually worked out really well. Fair engough you have to watch how you lift the arm as it hits the bonnet but i think it looks nicer as they are more hidden under the bonnet,

http://tinypic.com/ddwti

http://tinypic.com/ddwtt

http://tinypic.com/ddwtl

http://tinypic.com/ddwtx

You can still lift them up and get under for cleaning etc there is more than enougth room for that.

The easiest was to change the blades is to open the bonnet then lift the blades and change them when the bonnet is open, its a hassle but at least i know my blades aren't going to get nicked all the time when this mods reachs the chav community.

Just done this mod - what a difference - thanks guys.

Used parts...

With no problems ordering from the local dealer. Even ordered an extra 1J2955425A so now I have a spare set :wink: .

Just done this, used slightly different parts to everyone else so thought I'd report my findings. I bought 1x 6x2998406 and 1x 6x2998405, so that's a passenger and a drivers side arm + blade. Cost £40.79 inc VAT purchased from VW Motorworld, Kidlington, and were a straight swap, passenger side blade doesn't catch as all. Very pleased with the results 100% improvement! Cheers for the advice lads 8)

I have just been on the phone to my local stealership, and the part numbers listed above are no longer in use.

They hae been replaced with:-

6x2955410A ... Wiper Arm £16.50 +vat

6x2998406.......Wiper Arm £17.27 +vat

6NO955425A....Blade £8.04 +vat

6X2955426.......Driver's side Blade £10.54 +vat

Which makes things a bit more expencive :( , has anybody done it with these bits?

And, why is it only the Lupo GTI, and not the ordinary Polo ones?

Ok, I'm a new member/owner, I went to page 8. So you guys are saying these are the definate PNs then?

So which arm goes which side?

I hope this reply ends up on the 1st page for us newbies.