markTTC

Lupo GTi front wiper conversion - See Page 23!!! for update

cheers m8, just been round to Halfords they had some 21" Bosch in stock £23.99 for the pair OUCH!!

Any Idea what sizes I need? The drivers side arm came with a 19"?

I just ordered mine from the dealer,

I just ordered the 2 arms which come with the blade fitted (part number 6X2 998 406) they should be able to get these in next day, I had to pay upfront, £35 inc VAT which would have been about the same as GPC with the postage on top.

They said I could buy the other blade 'off the shelf' if needed.

Just ordered x2 of the 6X2 998 406 arms/blade assemblies, approx £35 from stealer, expected in this Friday, if that info helps anyone!

Just ordered x2 of the 6X2 998 406 arms/blade assemblies, £34.54 + vat from stealer

Ditto here,went for the passenger side blade also 1J2 955 425 A (that fits on the driver side arm), £10.66 + vat,all available Tuesday.

Arrived Tuesday,fitted and working well at 105mph 8)

Tip:After removing old blades,use a stanley knife blade to clean the splines on the rotors before fitting,this gives the new blades something to bite into.It is also important to get the new blade positioning spot on before tightning down,then I found myself using a socket wrench to tighten the nuts down.

Don't over tighten though. :wink: otherwise :cry:

I have just been on the phone to my local stealership, and the part numbers listed above are no longer in use.

They hae been replaced with:-

6x2955410A ... Wiper Arm £16.50 +vat

6x2998406.......Wiper Arm £17.27 +vat

6NO955425A....Blade £8.04 +vat

6X2955426.......Driver's side Blade £10.54 +vat

Which makes things a bit more expencive :( , has anybody done it with these bits?

And, why is it only the Lupo GTI, and not the ordinary Polo ones?

Dave, you need to look further up this page (8). You will see more info on the new part numbers you posted. :p

Sorry guys,

I had only read through the first page and had't noticed that this discussion went on for so long!

Parts orderd, mod will be made on Saturday.

fao mods: Is it worth amending one of the first posts of this thread saying to go to this page? I know I wouldnt read through all 8 pages if I was new to the site. :lol:

Reckon I must hold the record for the longest wait for lupo wipers, ordered in March and arrived middle of october. 6 and a half months, that's some service.

Guys,

Got the parts next day from my local stealership, made the mod (my first mod! :lol: )

It is dead easy.

I can confirm that the part numbers shown here are correct, and the modification is well worth doing. At first I thought £53 was a bit steep, but it makes such a difference, especially when you are driving in the dark and you have that dazzling effect form oncoming headlights.

This is a must do modification for any C.

ok today it was raining... first day in my corrado in the rain....... through the windscreen i could see well nothing... the when i went above 60mph the wipers did not clear anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had to slow down so reading this topic i'm lead to the only option. changing to the lupo setup

so what i need now is the 1000000% part numbers coz at the moment the seam to change every day!!!

LOL

-------

cheers

-------

chris

i just ordered mine with the following:

V6X2 998 406 (you need 2 of these)

V1J2 955 425 A (you need one of these)

mione was £53 inc VAT and they will be available tomorrow

Order kit 6X2 998 406 twice.... £17.27 + VAT each, im getting loads of different variations,the no. i mentioned, Basically you get a drivers arm + aeroblade in each kit. No need

for a separate 'passenger' aeroblade IMO as was found to be the same length

as a drivers.

so what do i order???

Order kit 6X2 998 406 twice.... £17.27 + VAT each, im getting loads of different variations,the no. i mentioned, Basically you get a drivers arm + aeroblade in each kit. No need

as a drivers.

so what do i order???

Just a thought ...when VW recently changed the part numbers for the wipers ...maybe both wiper blades are now the same size

No need

as a drivers.

the are pretty much the same length but where it clips to the arm is in a different place so it makes the blade sit in a different position. if you just use the drivers blade it gets close to the roof, the passenger blade leaves about an inch or so.

How much!!!

take them off and wax the screen.....

Mine needed new blades anyway so i thought i may aswell just upgrade... its not that much anyway.

Joe M, Hey Joe did you use crow road VW or another one?

Sure did, there pretty local to me and ive always had pretty good service.

Keep forgetting to ask about ccgb discount though. :oops:

still using the orignals, although after seeing yours on friday Rob, I'm very tempted... :D