Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

How do you get the rear seat base out???

I used to have the early corrado seats in my mk2, I and I could get them out easy, and I know where all the clips are and how they are held in.

But can I f*ck get the one out of my corrado. :mad: :p It's the late one, without the armrest in the centre.

Any tips?

MOD EDIT - Don't swear in the post title please.

Best way is to hoover over the seat (as if you were using a french toilet for number 2's!) and lift the base back and up. It should just pop out.

i would of thought it would be the same as the early ones,but with it being longer(the seat that is)you would have to push a bit harder to get the clip out of the slot :lol:

Right Phat - you have the bench type like I did don't you? Just put your hands down the back and pull the seat up - at the front of the seat there is a hooked clip - apply pressure with a screwdriver or chisel type thing to push the clip back and you should just be able to pull it out.

I'm struggling with this one too - I've got the centre armrest and want to remove the carpet but it's secured under the rear bench, which i can't work out how to lift. Ideas welcomed all.

I have had mine in and out several times, I grab the front of the seat, one hand on lhs, one hand on rhs. Lift the front up whilst waggling the whole seat back and forth. I wouldn't recomment lifting the rear of the seat, as the cushion has a pice of metal that slides under a piece welded to the bodywork, you'll break something if you just pull it up.

I hit the leading edge of the seat (the area that you see between your legs when sitting down) with my fist and it pops out, do this for the other seating position.

I'll give it a go this weekend then. Manybe I was emking osome error andy, as I've tried this method. I just thought the front of the bench would break or the leather would tear hence gave it a rest. There are two pins at the back of the seat which fit into the slots in the frame, but i thought that the seat would then pivot on the front edge if i lifted it from there (if that makes sense :? )

Push the front edge of seat back and lift a bit, then pull foward and lift again & should come free, then pull forward and out. Pix show how it looks so you'll get the idea.

2cc, many thanks, pic clears that up totally. I'll have another stab this weekend - at least I know what to expect.

Ressurection time...

So with late (Poverty) spec seat (no hump) you just grab the front, push back and up?

That simple??

Answers please need to get this out tomorrow! :wave:

Sweet will have another go tomorrow, obviously wasn't putting enough welly into it!

As an aside, anyone got tips for easy installation of front seats? Apart from have two people?

The bench seat type means you have to get both sides of clip out from the holes which is not so easy when it's all in one piece. With the armrest style at least you are only removing 'half' the seat at a time and there is only one clip/hole right in the middle.

You should manage though 'cause I can :wink: :D

I hit the leading edge of the seat (the area that you see between your legs when sitting down) with my fist and it pops out, do this for the other seating position.

This works a treat for me too

Dead easy really.... didn interior swap today!

As I found out today... For those with a LATE (poverty/shopping) spec rear seat, and are consdiering a swap to the "Humped" style... you'll need the two brackets for the hump (hinge plate and catch) as well as the centre section from handbrake back, from the other car! :epicfail: :lol:

Or from Hump to Late.. the brakets will need to be removed.

Also the mounts at each side of the rear seat backs, you'll need a big flat-head to push back the catches that hold them in place.. and a 10mm socket to remove the 4 nuts on the centre mounts...

HTH..

got any pics of the different types of rear seats?

only as i'm confused (and interested)

Yeah Pics of my "Poverty" spec interior will be appearing in the Parts for sale area real soon! ;)