Last night about 4.30am myself and my girlfriend woke up to a big bang. Then someone shouting "HIT IT AGAIN" then another bang. My bedroom is on the front of the house, ground floor and the noises were really close so I had a look out of the windows, checked the car etc and all seemed fine. We regularly hear ****heads and the like knocking bins over, we have a bus stop right outside our window; plus living in a youthful are we are accustomed to loud noises and just general ****head behaviour in the early hours of the morning - I generally don't mind it; I was young once and did stupid (harmless) things in my past when boozed up.

Then this morning I go outside and find this:

null-8.jpg~original

Yep, my heart sank.

null-9.jpg~original

null-10.jpg~original

Crap pictures I know. Two dents on the bonnet and two scuffs down the side of the car where it looks like the branch broke, flew off and hit the side. The dents are bad enough to warrant a replacement bonnet, which more than likely means subsequently, a front end respray blending the colour correctly.

My mothers car was on the drive too, untouched. So someones obviously done a magpie; seen a shiny car and went for it. The cars been off the road since December and I've worked on every spare day I've had so who ever did this will have seen me pour blood sweat and tears into it. So why do it?

I am really starting to lose faith, not only in owning a nice car, but also in the human race. The older I become, the more experienced I am; the more I hate other people.

What is the point.

Edited by P3rks

It's testing when it happens.

Where I used to live I came out to several key marks down the length of the car. It seems to be a regular occurrence these days. Hence I moved to a quiet area

Whenever I read these sort of stories I'm always reminded of that bit in Pulp Fiction where John Travolta is complaining that some one has keyed his car on the first day it came out of storage. The character makes the point that it would almost be worth the car getting keyed if he could have caught the ****er doing it. I'm inclined to agree...

Sorry to hear that mate.

I know what you mean. Paintwork on my corrado was really bad but since it was parked outside my flat it gets few dents over a year, usually kids playing around the car. I got enough and parked a car in a lockup and got myself a cheap passat as a daily.

I am so sorry to read this. It seems to me that some people are jealous that others own lovely things and they then cause damage because they don't have it themselves. It doesn't seem to occur to them that people work hard to own something they treasure. Whatever the reason, it makes me absolutely furious. Don't give up and let them beat you though. There are still plenty of decent people walking this earth; the vast majority of this forum for a start! Get it repaired and go to some meets/shows, or even just a good drive on a sunny day and remember why owning such a lovely car is worth all the rubbish moments. Good luck.

Edited by scarlet_vr6

Thats a real bummer , gutting really . The thing these animals dont realise is ,one day they will have there first corsa , polo, or whatever and it will be scratched by someone of vandalised ,only then will they know how it feels .

Absolutely gutted for you! Can't understand what goes through somebodys head when doing mindless acts of vandalism like this. Echo what robrado said and take heart that oneday the little ba$t@rds will take Karma square on the chin and have it happen to them. Hard to keep the faith at the best of times with a Corrado and even worse when something like this happens I imagine. Keep your chin up though!

Sorry to hear this mate , if id of heard a noise and seen that id of been out confronting them and probable battering the **** out of them

Sorry your car got done mate mine did about about teo years ago and its still got the key marks to prove it

Good thing is i know who fid it and im just biding my time to get him back

That's a terrible thing to wake up to mate. When my cars used to be parked on the road I bought a car cover. Maybe get yourself one of those ones with the lockable straps. Halfords do a cheapish waterproof one with under car straps. Though ideally a soft lined cover would be best. If the fcukers can't see your shiny car then it may survive unscathed in future?! It has always worked for me. Hopefully you were just unlucky and it was a one off random rather than any form of targeting..

Maybe worth a look at some high-up security lighting etc..

Hope you manage to get it repaired reasonably and the scum that did it get proper smashed up by the next person they do it to!

gutted for you ! i would be going mental! im lucky enough to have a shed so i dont have to worry about my car being left out, i know what its like though, is there anywhere you can knock up a lean too ? wouldnt cost much some 2x3" and some ply , or maybe rent a shed close by? , in the pic above on the left hand side you can build an awesome little lean too in the corner,

I had something like this happen to number 1 and number 2 of my corrados, except they were trying to pinch the car but just really badly damaged the door. it is heartbreaking and i truly feel for you mate especially as its clearly your pride and joy. i have already promised myself that i won't be using number 3 corrado for anything other than warm sunny days(frivolous i know in these turbulent financial times but hell you only live once) and just popping down the shops!

when this kind of thing happens to twice within a short space of time we gave up with the house we were in and moved to a quieter area and a house with a garage. i know this is'nt necessarily a viable option for everyone to do(advantage of renting rather than owning lol).

hang in there buddy. it'll be worth it in the end.

​Tom

I've had a similar experience. I Parked up to go into town, for 30 min and when i came back to the car, I was greeted with two dirty great dents in the rear quarter and just on the fuel flap crease, I wouldn't of mind if it was the fuel flap as that is easy to fix. After a few explicit's I look at the new 5 series BMW next to me and there is green paint on the door shut, that really pi**es me off that people have no respect for much these days let alone their own property. I did think about putting a nice crease in there car but then you become as bad as them and it just goes around in circles. Waited for a bit but nobody showed. Grrrrr just seems that people see a nice clean looking car and think 'i'd like to put my mark on that because it looks nice n clean'.

Rant over

Fckwits

My three previous cars were vandalised outside my current house - I found out later it was the same person each time, and there's been no trouble since he's had to 'move out' two years ago. I ended up putting a camera up at one point.

This sort of thing really gets to me there the scum of the earth people that do this I had 1of my cars done with some sort of paint stripper not a very good job but still not the point I was certain who did it but its just proving it I did go round there kicking off about it but denied it as they would

Rich, sad to read this man as I know how much effort you put into it. Pointless act of malicious jealousy :(

Sorry to read this Rich it is ok for them to do it as they think they are going to get away with it but as they say matey what goes around comes around let's just hope it is a larger branch for them preferably dropped from a great height !!! Bawb*gs.

This sort of thing disgusts me, people have no respect for other people's property these days.
........ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ This

Sorry to read this Rich it is ok for them to do it as they think they are going to get away with it but as they say matey what goes around comes around let's just hope it is a larger branch for them preferably dropped from a great height !!! Bawb*gs.
Love that word!! So descriptive!! :) :)

Scum. Subhuman scum :(

I think the subject sums it up - why!! Why bother doing this to someones pride and joy?!