timmaaah

Idiot on iPad driving at 65mph KC06 GUH

Christ there a some absolute c''ks driving around ,there really are !.I was picking up my kids last week and as i went slowly round a bend and over a bridge ,a bloke was coming the other way , he was on the blower and very nearly hit the rado , his child was in the back of the car ,the windows were down as it was a nice day .I clearly heard his child scream as the front end of his car violently dipped under heavy breaking . Total knob .

The other day I went to a car meet, arranged for a charity event at which 2 cars turnt up. one drifted their Nissan Silvia dangerously and fairly uncontrolled inches from people's pride and joys.

And one was an old American estate complete with family and baby son in back. The driver decided it would be a great idea to try donut in a small car park nearly hitting a trolly bay.

I know this is in a open car park but its still idiots like this that give the modified and car loving community a bad name.

The other day I went to a car meet, arranged for a charity event at which 2 cars turnt up..

sounds like a rubbish meet :lol:

Little update on this, a 20 yr old from Glasgow has been arrested and charged. Bristolbaron, the pic above was taken as he undertook the car from which it was taken.

sounds like a rubbish meet :lol:

Well I say meet I was hanging around a car park late at night.........what they did next you wouldn't believe...... :lol:

I was chatting to a mate recently about ways of automatically locking phones & tablets into some kind of "aeroplane mode" when inside a moving car. Does such a thing exist? Once again technology has to step in to solve human stupidity and light touch policing.

I was chatting to a mate recently about ways of automatically locking phones & tablets into some kind of "aeroplane mode" when inside a moving car. Does such a thing exist? Once again technology has to step in to solve human stupidity and light touch policing.

But then someone would just offer an unlocking service.

How about seizure of the car, 2 year ban, then 100% taxation on top of their insurance for 5 years and 200 hours community service within one mile of their homes whilst wearing "I'm a selfish twot" hiviz vest?

Plus of course, why shouldn't passengers in a moving car be able to use tablets/phones. But as above, someone would do the unlocking service.

anyone being a touch hypocritical? how many people replying to this post have used their phones whilst driving? and is it really any different to smoking, fiddling with the radio, adjusting your seat, sat nav, distracting kids etc...

not condoning driving with a tablet, pasty, McChicken Sandwich... on your lap, but some of the worst drivers I see on the road are those that appear to be concentrating hard!

I think there is a bit of a difference between using a phone and playing a game on an ipad while driving though!

Feel like a McChicken sandwich now!

Edited by n3p
speeling

I think there is a bit of a difference between using a phone and playing a game on an ipad while driving though!

!

yeah, phones are dead fiddly :)

This is the reason why we have Health And Safety for people like him in that photo,

who don't have a glue :cuckoo:

It's just common sense but some people just don't have any.

A lot of people get killed by doing the most stupid of things.

Like the guy a few years ago who was using a chain saw up a ladder in the wet,

trying to cut part of a tree down,

he slipped and still had the chain saw switched on and was sliced up by his own hand.

Plus about 6 or 8 years ago there was a young guy working for I think it was Sunlight Linen And Laundry Services

he stupidly got inside a industrial dryer machine when it suddenly stopped rotating,

the main power switch wasn't turned off :scratch: WHY :shrug:

And so when he had fixed the internal problem the machine started rotating again with him still inside it,

and the poor chap was killed.

Like I say it's just common sense most of the time.

THE ELDERLY

Like some of these elderly people that drive a automatic car that seem to drive off the edge of a cliff,

or some how drive off a multi story car park.

What these car manufactures should do is adapt the front and rear parking sensors,

in to the gearbox or braking system so that the vehicle can not move if there's an object in front or behind it right on the bumper,

the vehicle then would only be able to move one way (away from the obstacle)

JOY RIDERS

What the Police should have is a device that can be fired in to the metal body of the vehicle that they are chasing,

which will send a power surge through the body of the car, which we all know is the earth to the battery,

this will then fry the battery / electrics and bring the vehicle to a complete stop.

None of this chasing the sods in the vehicle with flat tyres.

THE MOBILE PHONE

these could be wired in to the cars electrics, say in the dash which will complete the circuit,

so the vehicle will only start up and be able to drive it with the phone connected in the dash.

On the phones front face / screen it will display driving mode,

if the phone is touched or lifted off it's dash connection , it will course the vehicle to cut out and come to a stop.

All in coming and out going calls will be made through the cars in built phone system,

say like todays blue tooth head units, something that all mobiles can connect to safely.

Just a few thoughts really.

Si :salute: