Kevin Bacon

Cheaper version of VAG sunroof grease

How hard a job is it getting the sunroof out mate? It's on my list of jobs for the Corra32.

This is the shortened version, take the headlining off and there are 4 bolts (or 6... I forget). Remove the drain pipes at each corner and remove the bolts and thats about it. Obviously there are wires to unplug, trim to remove etc etc

Need to strip the sunroof down and fix it but what makes this grease so different from the others?

It's silicon grease which VW specify for their 'sliding mechanisms'. It's much more slippery than normal grease, is water proof and doesn't attract dirt. When used on an old sunroof of mine, it was the difference between it sliding and not sliding.

Mic, I thought the roof worked on Rob's car?

Ta, ordered some. Sunroof was moving slowly last week when I used it so likely needs doing. Presume you can just squirt a bit of lube in and not have to strip the whole thing down ;)

Yeah clean out the channels as best you can, lube, then hopefully it will free up and start sliding nicely with use!

I need to take it apart, I can't see enough in situ. A weekend of tinkering is required as I'm building quite a list of jobs. Give me something to think about whilst on holiday! :lol: