JEZR

Castle Coombe 25th Anniversary National Day - South Convoy

25th Anniversary National Day - Castle Coombe.

20th July, 2013. LAST REGISTRATION DATE 30TH JUNE.

Details here http://www.corradoclub.org/ccgb16/index.php?option=com_illbethere&amp%3Bcontroller=events&amp%3Btask=view&amp%3Bid=52&amp%3BItemid=202

Track day if anyone wants to fling it round the circuit. Masses of Corrados etc.

For anyone going from the South Coast, we're planning a bit of a convoy to Castle Coombe.

6.30 @ MacDonalds car Park - Holes Bay Poole BH15 3TE. Look out for Dave's Nugget - no fries! Next collection point - Tesco Blandford DT11 9PU 6.45-6.50.

We'll then be heading toward Shaftesbury, Warminster, Chippenham. Castle Coombe. Really looking forward to this one :cheers:

IF YOU HAVEN'T REGISTERED - DO IT NOW! Hope to see all our Dorset, Hampshire and Devon C's represented - at least one of each colour and size - matron...

I might bring mine there with a mahooosive FOR SALE on it if it don't sell beforehand...!

Would have been up for this, but going up to the Families in Bristol on Friday to drop the kids off for the weekend now!

Yes, you need to register on the CCGB website.

Ian.

You also need to be a member of the Corrado Club of GB and have a membership number to register.

You also need to be a member of the Corrado Club of GB and have a membership number to register.

Cheers Ian - That erm... minor detail slipped my mind!

I might bring mine there with a mahooosive FOR SALE on it if it don't sell beforehand...!

Its because its not original it hasn't sold Pete. I'll tell you what mate, I'll straight swap my real Speedlines for your fake ones.................:thumbleft: :ignore:

Blimey all sorted !!

Well done, should be a good turnout as nearly 60 names now down for it.

Ian.

Blimey all sorted !!

Yay J ! 6.30 MD's on Hole's Bay. ! Can't wait.

I'm thinking of giving the track day a go as I've never done it before and its my birthday that weekend. Any idea how I register for that part and what would I need in the way of crash helmet, clothing, Insurance, etc?

I doubt I'd be driving it hard on the track at all but just fancy giving it a go.

Details on the link if you're a CCGB Member http://www.corradoclubgb.co.uk/ccgb16/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=2&id=4948&Itemid=190

You might want to investigate further but this is the first post on the event on CCGB.

2013 is the 25th anniversary of the Corrado! So a speial National day is in order.

When: Saturday 20 July 2013

Where: Castle Combe

Format: Club Parking in the paddock area, most likely in the centre grass field. Parade lap!!! Part of Autometrix VW track day, so anyone who wants to can battle it out with others in a track session. Cost for a session: Dedicated club track sessions, needs 12 cars to make up a session, £35 per person per session, needs to be booked/paid in advance but organiser will also admit gate entry for the day (normally £10). Payment through the CCGB events manager (me, Eric), deadline for payment: 1/7/2013, so I have plenty of time to pay Autometrix. No pay, no session! Contact me for payment details.

When taking part in a track session, you also need to take part in the safety briefing session.

Entry to the paddock for all members is £10 (to be paid on gate), fee raised by Castle Combe, NOT Autometrix!

Thanks, didnt see that part about paying eric. I might be too late then but will pm him.

Looking on the autometrix site, its actually not just specifically for us. Its a VW Audi trackday event so think there will probably be quite a few on the track for the sessions. I was thinking of doing it, but as it would be my first track session I'm a little nervous of some of the other young drivers getting a bit over excited and causing problems for others. I think you can also pay on the gate for the session, or direct to autometrix if you wish though.

Just registered to this event. Unfortunately it's too big of a detour to meet you guys down south, but if anyone wants to convoy from the M25/M4 or at a service stop along the line then it would be good to arrange something :)

Looking on the autometrix site, its actually not just specifically for us. Its a VW Audi trackday event so think there will probably be quite a few on the track for the sessions. I was thinking of doing it, but as it would be my first track session I'm a little nervous of some of the other young drivers getting a bit over excited and causing problems for others. I think you can also pay on the gate for the session, or direct to autometrix if you wish though.

I pm'd Eric and it seems that there is not that much interest in the track so he's not able to arrange a Corrado session. He advised that I book directly with Autometrix so I guess that advice applies to all.

Just registered to this event. Unfortunately it's too big of a detour to meet you guys down south, but if anyone wants to convoy from the M25/M4 or at a service stop along the line then it would be good to arrange something :)

I could be ok for that, Chieveley Services maybe ?

Its because its not original it hasn't sold Pete. I'll tell you what mate, I'll straight swap my real Speedlines for your fake ones.................:thumbleft: :ignore:

Not original... Better!

Can't go to this, it's the VX220 National Day In Pembrey so I need to take my little autobot 'Dingleberry' out for a spin.

Edited by Pete

I could be ok for that, Chieveley Services maybe ?

Yep my C will definately be back on the road for National Day so we should convoy up to the M4 / Chieveley services if anyone wants to meet us there?

Not original... Better!

Can't go to this, it's the VX220 National Day In Pembrey so I need to take my little autobot 'Dingleberry' out for a spin.

Good point, well made!

Blowing off such a landmark anniversary for such an icon, all to go to a Vauxhall meet though...........Jeez! :rolleyes: :lol:

Haha another good point, well made.

But the VX day is in Pembrey and I'm in Swansea so it's much closer with no robbing M4 bridge tax!