Sign in to follow this  
crazymarcel

Wiring up heated seats?

After completeing my search for a leather interia I now want to try and wire up the heated seat part of it.

Has anyone else done this and have any pointers or guides to doing this? Have tryed doing a search on this but no luck.

Any help or advice on this would be appreciated. :D

Is There any chance the wiring will already be in my car?

You need the loom with it, two relays & switch etc..

The bottom of the seat should have connection points

ill be doing mine soon so ill try and do a write up after i do it,but you do really need the vw wiring harness

Hi all, i bought a set of leather seats a while ago as dazzy knows as yet ive not managed to wire them up but i have got the wiring diagrams for seats and i can get hold of these and might be able to email them round.

The problem without the wiring harnesses is the use of a thermostat i believe it came in the wiring loom. If any one else has any good ideas any help is very grateful

Thx

Mark :evil:

Did you buy that set in Ipswich?? - I didn't think they were heated?

Yes mate i did, they are heated, cause i had to unplug them before takein them out, i also had the switch of the dashboard. Advert said they wearnt electric which they arent. I have never seen some leather seats that wearnt heated on a vr6/

Cheers for the info guys, am gonna head back this weekend and get all the wiring out of it, this should help and save some money as i'm sure the loom isent cheap from vw.

Seems like there is a few of us in this position, will post up some pics once i have it sorted, will pull leather donor car apart this weekend too see how its all done. relays 17,18 i belive are the ones needed.

Wiring diagram would be useful :D

I'm in the same position at the moment as well.

Managed to get a switch and loom though - hopefully! They weren't cheap (well not as cheap as Dazzy's anyway! :mad: lol) but cheaper than from the stealer!

Ok this is going to take some explaning but the attached link should take you to a russian vw site at which point you need to scroll down to the right year corrado and download the diagrams in a pdf format. Dont worry ive checked the download and i couldnt find any virus. Ive used these diagrams to check sunroof wiring from early to late model motors. For electric/heater seats wiring try page 34 of 44

http://www.volkswagen.msk.ru/index.php?p=page09

if the link doesn't work then let me know and i can email the documents out to people.

Thx

i can probably do something simple over the next few days and post it on the forum for you,

will just need to print them out at work and work on it later in the week, check back in a couple of days.

thx

Quick Update:

Have been back and got the full loom out of the car,the chap let me have it for free :D or ya could say it came with the seats but just picked them up on different days Nothing too difficult, understand how it all goes in, am gonna leave it till this weekend too fit it, as it just seems a bit of a time consumeing job, fitting it all in as vw did, but will ultimatly be worth it during the winter.

Knowing my luck, drivers side element will be buggered where as the passenger side will work fine./ :lol:

if the seat elememt is buggered - search for 'heated seat fix' on this forum- may help you

Im in the lead to win this, then the plan is to try and make some copies for all those people who need one so if you need one then pm me and can make one up hopefully for you if i win.

Thx

Looks like the one for sale, is just one half of the loom. I got one section that has the relays, the plugs to the seats and then goes down to the front of the dash, where a multiplug connects it too a second loom that has one bit going to the control switch and a bit going to the fuse box. This looks like it is just the first half of the loom by the picture.

the looms are £200 from vag i brought one off ebay but only half he said you only needed three wires to wire up . there was no way you can wire up with three wires and had to by front half of loom which was £57 +vat :shock: but the earth is by the relay and you have to feeds i think one is illum and the other switch feed checked my corrado manual wired it up but i think switch is naked as there is no power coming out so will get a new one and let you know

I have an extra loom. it is complete, except that the plugs for the fuse panel (I think) are snipped.. not hard to fix.

If someone is interested in this, let me know, I have no use for it, it came with my Recaros and I'm Canadian (all Can-spec rados had heated seats).. this also mean buyer pays shipping from Canada.

Wiring diagram would be useful

Stealth say: 206.7 Bhp - 195.6lb ft

Engine Advantages: 196.6 Bhp - 202.8lb ft

Gareth

Which production year for seats and what production year for the car? If seats are off something other than a Corrado, need that. Then I 'll see if I can sort out the diagrams

If anyone can show me a photo of where the two plugs for the electric adjustment (don't need the fancy heated/relay bits) go into the fuse box, that would be fabtastic.

All the seats need is a 12v feed, but I'd like to keep the standard connectors on the loom and plug it in somewhere.

Hate to add another request to this already full thread, but.... I've got late style heated seats fitted in my G60. The wiring loom is all laid and the seats connected, but before I plug them in I want to check - there are 2 small plugs for the power, do these just plug into the fusebox (is it really as simple as that)???

The non-heated electric seats (i.e. Recaros) are just a simple 12v supply. The heated ones have a relay in them as well, so I'm not sure how they plug in.

Any updates on this-mine are all wired in apart from the parts at the fuse box.

Cheers Fraser