P3rks

Are Corrado prices on the up?

Agree with this 100%, went to stanford hall this year and sorry to say but the standard of the average corrado has dropped but due to this exact reason.... why would you spend money painting and fixing if in the end the value is still the same.....

So how much do you think you can expect to see back....? for instance if you did the whole underside of the car,subframe/rear beam/brakes and spent a grand how much would that really increase the value.....?

It is irrelevant how much you car is worth unless you need to sell it, maybe a buyers guide and price guide on here would help to steady prices and give potential owners confidence in the price they pay.....?

you are right.... sadly,... But, Regardless of the book price, to any true car lover, the car will never be worth more to someone else, than it is to you in love, and attachment.

Hence why i have spent well over 10k on mine, and have just spent another 3.1k on the SC kit, and have it booked in for a 2k spray job. I may be a fool, But a fool who loves his car.

To all this may sound alien, and in my opinion with more and more corrados going into the wrong hands and being broken/scrapped i wonder what the future really has to hold for the rado.

Best thing about the Corrado, is it is such a dark horse- it doesnt fit into the mould of E-types and 911's, mk1 or mk2's and will hopefully remain that way. Splitties have become popular because they are part of the universal conciousness- a universal symbol- exactly what the corrado is not. Also whats great about them being affordable is that there are cars like Goldies, and then there are some hideous custom jobs that deserve to be broken with parts going to where they are needed. If values increase most of us on here wouldnt be able to be in one!! In this day and age, there are'nt any well kept secrets left- Best thing to do is to ENJOY THE HELL OUT OF THEM!!! :cheers:

you are right.... sadly,... But, Regardless of the book price, to any true car lover, the car will never be worth more to someone else, than it is to you in love, and attachment.

Hence why i have spent well over 10k on mine, and have just spent another 3.1k on the SC kit, and have it booked in for a 2k spray job. I may be a fool, But a fool who loves his car.

To all this may sound alien, and in my opinion with more and more corrados going into the wrong hands and being broken/scrapped i wonder what the future really has to hold for the rado.

:salute: You are correct buddy there is too many being bought by people who cannot afford to invest in there upkeep.

Best thing about the Corrado, is it is such a dark horse- it doesnt fit into the mould of E-types and 911's, mk1 or mk2's and will hopefully remain that way. Splitties have become popular because they are part of the universal conciousness- a universal symbol- exactly what the corrado is not. Also whats great about them being affordable is that there are cars like Goldies, and then there are some hideous custom jobs that deserve to be broken with parts going to where they are needed. If values increase most of us on here wouldnt be able to be in one!! In this day and age, there are'nt any well kept secrets left- Best thing to do is to ENJOY THE HELL OUT OF THEM!!! :cheers:

WISE WISE WORDS my friend!!!

:salute: You are correct buddy there is too many being bought by people who cannot afford to invest in there upkeep.

Amen

Speaking from my own experience of someone who's not putting the money into their car that they should.. There's a difference between being able to afford to spend the money on the upkeep and it, frankly, just not being worth it. I could afford to hose 3k into mine on a respray, and another 4k on an engine rebuild making my VR sound a little less agricultural, but what's the point when the car has 190k on it and wouldn't even be worth what I spent on the respray let alone the other work? :(

who says what its worth, it is you the seller that determines the price, IMO a car is worth what you can get for it and hold me to my words when i say im getting a good amount for mine when i sell it.

Speaking from my own experience of someone who's not putting the money into their car that they should.. There's a difference between being able to afford to spend the money on the upkeep and it, frankly, just not being worth it. I could afford to hose 3k into mine on a respray, and another 4k on an engine rebuild making my VR sound a little less agricultural, but what's the point when the car has 190k on it and wouldn't even be worth what I spent on the respray let alone the other work? :(

Easy Jim i was not talking about anyone in particular. And here it is again the car wouldn't be worth what i spent on the respray alone some people just don't get it. I am not a Lottery Winner Millionaire just an ordinary working class guy but i am not looking to get anything back from what i put into my car spending money on my car is what i enjoy doing. Life is way too short to not enjoy it while you are here and it's not about "putting the money in they should" that's your choice Jim don't take everything so personal mate.

"too many being bought by people who cannot afford to invest in there upkeep."

Ha ha, have you heard yourself?! Pompous doesn't even begin to describe that kind of attitude.

Easy Jim i was not talking about anyone in particular. And here it is again the car wouldn't be worth what i spent on the respray alone some people just don't get it. I am not a Lottery Winner Millionaire just an ordinary working class guy but i am not looking to get anything back from what i put into my car spending money on my car is what i enjoy doing. Life is way too short to not enjoy it while you are here and it's not about "putting the money in they should" that's your choice Jim don't take everything so personal mate.

No no... not taking it personally mate :) Sorry if my response came across that way.

No no... not taking it personally mate :) Sorry if my response came across that way.

No harm done Jim I was worried mine had came across the wrong way :lol:

---------- Post added at 5:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:24 PM ----------

Ha ha, have you heard yourself?! Pompous doesn't even begin to describe that kind of attitude.

No mate just an enthusiast that's what enthusiast's do Car one's anyway they invest in the upkeep of their car.

I actually kind of agree with it tbh. It's the fact that parts are not cheap, and a car of this vintage ALWAYS requires mechanical work that some just don't have the knowledge to do themselves. Take me for example, I earn what is actually a very good wage, but I also have very high outgoings. I don't have a large amount of money to plough into the car, but if (and when!) problems occur with mine, I'm safe in the knowledge that I could diagnose and fix the problems myself. (With a little help from the forum obviously!). I bought mine from such a person as above, when the car was an absolute stinker and he had run out of ideas and money, and turned it into a car thats now (or will shortly be) mechanically sound and just a bit rough around the edges. I've spent very little getting it to this stage though, but thats simply because I'm confident to get stuck in and do the work required. Those that allow them to run into neglect, just either don't have the money, time, or enthusiasm to give a car like this the money, time, or enthusiasm most of us here think it deserves.

The fact its such a low outlay, for what gets you a cracking looking car that has alot of respect from most, and has reasonably decent performance compared to anything similar, is what will continue to make those that just don't realise you have to plough money, time, and enthusiasm into the car to buy them.

I'm an enthusiast too, but I wouldn't dream of passing judgement on who should or shouldn't buy the type of car I am an enthusiast about. Stinks of elitism in my opinion.

Bad day at work mate? I myself have been enjoying the sunshine Lovely up here today :D

Sorry if I offended anyone, I didn't mean it like that. Its not just being able to invest in the upkeep from a monetary point of view is what I meant. Some can afford to pay people to do work, some can't so learn to do all relevant work themselves. Others can't afford to pay garage fees as well as having an inability to carry out work themselves either due to lack of confidence, or don't have the time or inclination to try it. The latter causes cars to run into disrepair.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I didn't mean it like that. Its not just being able to invest in the upkeep from a monetary point of view is what I meant. Some can afford to pay people to do work, some can't so learn to do all relevant work themselves. Others can't afford to pay garage fees as well as having an inability to carry out work themselves either due to lack of confidence, or don't have the time or inclination to try it. The latter causes cars to run into disrepair.

Didn't offend me Sean this is the thing about forum's and the like you can come across in not the way you intended or indeed the kind of person you are me and you are going to have the chance to see what the real person is about at the weekend i am looking forward to meeting you :thumbleft:

Don't think anybodys offended mate, be a bit worrying if people were getting offended by people posting their opinions on a message board!

I'm not having a go at anybody at all, the people on this board are probably the most welcoming, friendly and helpful of any car community I've come across. It can sometimes come across as maybe A little po faced and precious on here sometimes. Again, that's just my opinion, doesn't mean I'm right in any way. Live and let live is my outlook on things.

You lot can put ya handbags down and dance around em..................:dance:

Interesting point about the investment thing, also there are people that are incapable of fixing their cars which confuses me why they should own a 20 year old car :scratch:.

Bought mine for £4k spent £5k on it still maybe worth £4.5k..........no one is going to gain financially owning a Corrado.............they would have to double in price for me to get my money back :bonk:

Where have you been hiding daleyboy? Not seen alot from you recently which is a shame as i get a good chuckle with some of your post's.

By the way how did you get on with that car you were thinking of buying?

Mmm don't want to talk about the MG if ya dont mind............:camp:

.....and i thought alfa's were badly built.

No idea where prices will go but the oxygen of publicity can't do any harm. Here's another article from the Classic mag world....

In my head I've written the cost of mine off completely and if I do sell anything I get would therefore be a bonus.

I have to admit to being pretty hopeless on the fix it yourself front but that doesn't put me off driving an old car in the slightest. Perhaps when the kids are flown and I retire I might do more on it myself (with some help from other forum members no doubt being essential). Even before I got this one (which I think is the best car I've ever had) I always used to like holding on to my cars and seeing how long I could make them last. I'm just pleased to be the owner of a pretty rare car that is capable of very decent performance. The fact that most people don't know what it is or what its capable of is kind of nice too :shades:

Mmm don't want to talk about the MG if ya dont mind............:camp:

.....and i thought alfa's were badly built.

Didn't really want to say at the time mate I used to work at Richard Cort motor's which was a Rover dealership and i know all about them from what i was told by the techie's but your heart seemed set on it and i didn't think anything i would say would made any difference I will say though i would have an alfa before a rover :shrug:

Didn't really want to say at the time mate I used to work at Richard Cort motor's which was a Rover dealership and i know all about them from what i was told by the techie's but your heart seemed set on it and i didn't think anything i would say would made any difference I will say though i would have an alfa before a rover :shrug:

It wouldn't have made any difference, you would have got the girlfriend treatment, i would have listened but not taken any notice, learnt a lot though so all is good...........

Anyway back on topic before someone catches us...........:shrug:

It wouldn't have made any difference, you would have got the girlfriend treatment, i would have listened but not taken any notice, learnt a lot though so all is good...........

Anyway back on topic before someone catches us...........:shrug:

:lol: the thread's in general chat this is general chat :p. Sometime's you just have to do it even if everyone is telling you not to for the learning curve :salute: I like your attitude toward's the matter.

I had an MG6 as a courtesy car after the old Rado was written off! Honestly the build quality was worse than the Pug 307 I ashamedly owned a few years ago!