Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Mrs Badcrumble 2.0 16v....

You won't be losing interest Stu, I won't let ya!!! :lol:

Good, that's at least one person who will be on my back to get it done. Anyone else?

Me too... I want to see how your conversion goes before I start mine ;)

Me too... I want to see how your conversion goes before I start mine ;)

Coward! :lol:

Need to get Mrs Badcrumble sorted so I can finally get my car in your garage...... :D

OI! Join the queue...

Don't worry I've done some recon and it's a double garage. As long as we get rid of all Stu's stuff we can both get in there!!! :lol:

Stu, ready for some serious work tomorrow??

Need to get Mrs Badcrumble sorted so I can finally get my car in your garage...... :D

OI! Join the queue...

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but the only car you'll get in the garage is a fiat 500!

I'm with you mate, let's have a race!

Is that a race to finish the project or on the road? Mind you, either way I think I'm gonna lose!

Nice one. I recall reading through some of your plans a while ago; I just asked to check nothing major had changed. Best of luck with it all....

...now put down that cup of tea and GET ON WITH IT! :)

More progress today, and many many thanks to mic_VR for his help!! We started at about 11.30am today

The handy helper at work

DSC02235.jpg

Comedy photos

DSC02230.jpg

Ooooo bit of weight training

DSC02237.jpg

And the engine is out by 4.30pm....5 hours to remove the engine given that neither of us had done it before was pretty good we thought!

DSC02238.jpg

Wow.....nice work! Took me a lot longer than 5 hours to get to that stage!! 8)

Wow.....nice work! Took me a lot longer than 5 hours to get to that stage!! 8)

Yeah it surprised me to be fair, didn't use an engine hoist either! Not a stripped thread or sheared bolt to be seen, even though the front panel is in pretty poor shape. Might have to invest in a new one me thinks.

Well , you know, that was exactly what I said to Michael after looking at the picture :lol:

Ahhh.. another episode of Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends... this time its about stripping a Corrado engine bay! :lol:

Ahhh.. another episode of Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends... this time its about stripping a Corrado engine bay! :lol:

Steady! :lol:

Nice job Stu (not forgetting mic!), doesn't take long when you get stuck in does it!

My front panel was a mess, but it cleaned up after shot blasting at work, then some nice stove baked paint and it came up a treat. Very surprised though on a 95 car, a bit longer and it would have needed a new one.

Keep up the good work! :)

Nice job Stu (not forgetting mic!), doesn't take long when you get stuck in does it!

My front panel was a mess, but it cleaned up after shot blasting at work, then some nice stove baked paint and it came up a treat. Very surprised though on a 95 car, a bit longer and it would have needed a new one.

Keep up the good work! :)

Cheers dude! It took less time than we thought, given that's the first time I've done anything quite so serious to any car.

The front panel is in a pretty poor state to be fair, I think if it was shot blasted it would probably disintegrate :shock:

about time u got on we it :lol:

i'll keep pesterin ya for updates over msn ,if that helps :D

also just had an idea.......................................................................u could lend me ya flat centers whist yours is of the road :lol:

about time u got on we it :lol:

i'll keep pesterin ya for updates over msn ,if that helps :D

also just had an idea.......................................................................u could lend me ya flat centers whist yours is of the road :lol:

Cheers, I'll need the encouragement! Just beginning to realise how much work I've got ahead of me! Gonna be doing something different with the Borbets, so will be needing the flat centres......:wink:

was worth a try :D

If I was leaving them silver, I probably would have leant you them!

Stu,

The 16v cam cover usually has ribs running down it, have you had yours removed?

Dave

Oh yes! Had them milled off ages ago. Will be re-polishing it though, it's gone quite dull :(

who is that handsome helper you've got there?!!! :lol:

We got loads done, really impressed that it all come out without a hitch. Shows its been looked after by you and the previous owners.

Can't wait to see the next stage of the project now!