vornwend

25th Anniversary National Day - Castle Combe

Deffo - doing a Le Mans Classic next year. Hopefully John Mitchell - (can't remember his Forum name) is organising it.

Might have to tag a Ring visit on the end though !!!

Especially as it looks like Bernie is buying it ;-)

Deffo - doing a Le Mans Classic next year. Hopefully John Mitchell - (can't remember his Forum name) is organising it.

That would be epic!..better get my brakes upgraded!..

Just got a proper look through all the pics now i'm back home on the laptop. seriously impressive stuff! Defo took over the show :lol:

Yeah - when we went out on the parade lap, we did actually have the entire of Castle Combe circuit covered in Corrado's.. I was the first car behind the pace car, and we caught up with the last car and had to keep slowing down :)

That is quite cool. Well done folks. Beat the Scottish version in Sat by a long way, there was only two of us lol.

Thanks for all the photo's that are on the thread. The video is great what a variety of noises as they come out of the pits. Having missed last years I was determined to go to this and had the name down very early then my mate had his housewarming / 40th near Grantham that day. Next year for definite. Roll on Tatton Park and the first outing of the year for meld

Edited by ozowen

Does anyone happen to have email details for the photographer? I didn't queue on the day to look at my pictures as it was taking forever but would be interested to see what pics he got of my car!

I had a great weekend and so glad I camped on Friday night.

Really good turnout of Corrados and nice to meet some new people from here.

Gutted I couldnt do the parade lap but something around my auxiliary belt is squeeling really bad and thought it best not to, I did get a really good video from the raised area on the last corner of all the Corrados. As soon as I figure out you tube or some way of posting it I will.

Big thanks to all those who voted for my car, I'm very grateful and congrats to Dave, your engine bay is a work of art!!

Roll on next year!

Does anyone happen to have email details for the photographer? I didn't queue on the day to look at my pictures as it was taking forever but would be interested to see what pics he got of my car!

Ahh yes I'd like to know too.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

I had a great weekend and so glad I camped on Friday night.

Really good turnout of Corrados and nice to meet some new people from here.

Gutted I couldnt do the parade lap but something around my auxiliary belt is squeeling really bad and thought it best not to, I did get a really good video from the raised area on the last corner of all the Corrados. As soon as I figure out you tube or some way of posting it I will.

Big thanks to all those who voted for my car, I'm very grateful and congrats to Dave, your engine bay is a work of art!!

Roll on next year!

Thanks Chris, congrats on your runner up place.

I've got it at home, will post it here later. He had around 8 shots of mine and wanted £25 to put them on a disk, which was more than I had on me. I thought that was a bit steep really but deffo want a picture to commemorate the 25th anniversary and my first time on a track! Wonder if it’s worth offering him a couple of hundred £ for all the parade lap pictures and then distribute them to the owners at cost price? Although this probably infringes on copyright!

It's ok mate - Micky Fletch's post a few above yours has the email address in :)

So, so gutted I had to miss this but hopefully now you've all got a taste for it someone can organise something similar :D

He had six of mine. I paid £20 for them which I thought again was a bit steep, but its the first time I've been round a track so had to get it! A couple of them were very light and over exposed, and he burned it by mistake, but he photoshopped them and burned that one onto disk and gave them both to me.

Delayed post from me as I spent the rest of the weekend in Lyme Regis with my family and internet access in the cottage was not the best...

First of all, a huge thanks to everyone who was involved in the organisation. I had an absolutely fantastic day - my favourite National Day so far! I have thoroughly enjoyed all the meets at Castle Combe but, as ever, there just weren't enough hours in the day! So many people who I saw too briefly, or not at all, although I did catch up with a good few friends and hopefully I have made some new ones too. I had intended on going for a wander round the track to watch some of the other cars there, but didn't manage it (haven't found time for that on any of my Castle Combe visits yet - next time, perhaps!), nor did I find time to queue to see the photographer, so I too will be emailing him. I also realised a little too late that I hadn't voted for my favourite Corrado, in fact I barely looked around the cars, but congratulations to those with trophies. Typing this has made me wonder if I talk too much?!!

I would also like to say many thanks to Ben, Mic and Charlie for helping me fit that stereo. I was beginning to wish I hadn't taken the old one out but I really appreciated being able to play CDs on the way back to Lyme!

The highlight for me was the noise Fay's car made when I was being overtaken by her. I saw her coming up in my mirror and as she had the instructor with her I knew she'd be pushing faster than me so I did my best to keep out of the way. We often get to hear our cars briefly revved while parked, or maybe accelerating in the distance. But now having been on a track at around 80mph and hearing one come screaming past at full throttle it's quite an experience. They sound incredible!

Hehe, NA VR6, BMC and Magnex goodness!! Thank you very much for this and your comments just after we were on track, Adrian - they really made my day! Chufties are always great, but mean so much more when they're from another member! It's true that I only caught you because I had the instructor with me!

thanks fay for making me get the instructor there was miles more confidence there with an ex touring car driver by your side

No problem Matty and glad you think so, as when you were driving, I was beginning to worry that I had bullied you into going on track with the instructor! I completely agree about having more confidence when he is there and I would definitely be slower on track on my own!

Count me in Wendy! I'd love to go to Le Mans and what better way to get there?!!

Yeah - when we went out on the parade lap, we did actually have the entire of Castle Combe circuit covered in Corrado's.. I was the first car behind the pace car, and we caught up with the last car and had to keep slowing down :)

Brilliant! All we need next time is an aircraft circling overhead for aerial photographs!!

I've enjoyed looking through the photos on this thread. I took very few this year, but here are the better ones...

Hey - you got one of mine! Extra points :D

Great turnout - I'd been out of the country working and completely forgot about any Corrado goings on but booked the day to fleece my friends Mk3 GT 16v. Really regretted leaving my Corrado on my friends drive 5 miles away from Castle Combe!!!!!

Oh well - better luck for the next 25th anniversary in 2038!

---------- Post added at 9:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:06 PM ----------

Great turnout - I'd been out of the country working and completely forgot about any Corrado goings on but booked the day to fleece my friends Mk3 GT 16v. Really regretted leaving my Corrado on my friends drive 5 miles away from Castle Combe!!!!!

---------- Post added at 9:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:07 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 9:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:08 PM ----------

Ha! I wonder how many of us will still have a Corrado then? Sadly, I suspect it might be quite a small meet...!

Edited by scarlet_vr6

What a hoot...... note to self- next time get on the track! Great laugh camping on the Friday, its the crowd that makes these events so fun.

Again great to see the usual suspects and meet some new ones too :) matty ripping up the track then beaming afterwards was a highlight for me along with the spirited drive towards northern civilisation ;)

Cheers all.

Matt's drive round the track was great, I got some brilliant videos of it and especially the one with an RS4 being left behind on the straight.

The journey north to the pitstop at Wendys sounded interesting!

I'll link in a hilareous vid I'm putting on youtube of the parade lap!

Sean, Did you manage to upload the vid?

I emailed the photographer but have no response about pictures... :(