vornwend

25th Anniversary National Day - Castle Combe

Great day out. Fantastic to see so many Corrados together in one place. Enjoyed meeting old and new faces and thoroughly enjoyed the 3 "parade" laps - think we had Corrados right round the circuit. Worth the membership fee on its own!

Thanks to Eric, Jude, Ian, Ron and other committee members for making it happen :salute: The muggets and balloons were a nice touch

And well done to the trophy winners - lovely cars!

Edited by vornwend

Gutted to miss out on this, ignition switch has bitten the dust this morning, it was fine yesterday after a nice long run, but this morning dead as a do do

Great day out big thanks to everybody who organized the day so many cars to look at just a little sun burn now :)

Thanks to everyone who made mine and the wifes first Corrado meet so memerable!

Special thanks to Judith who made Christine so at ease and involved, Ian who gave us a lot of his time, and James (Clumpy) who engaged us in some good banter! (So sorry the missus though Killi was in Wales!:bonk:

Here are a couple of camera phone pics, and I'll link in a hilareous vid I'm putting on youtube of the parade lap!

20130720_120440_zpsae0032d8.jpg

20130720_125214_zps17ecf301.jpg

20130720_125147_zps6e7e89f9.jpg

20130720_125200_zps30d45dbf.jpg

20130720_124834_zps72f853dc.jpg

20130720_131409_zpsf47bba1b.jpg

20130720_131334_zpsf6867292.jpg

Glad you and Christine enjoyed it, we're a friendly bunch really - Hopefully see you again in the near future.

Ian.

Was a real success today. Was great to get 3 laps in 8) Thanks to all who helped organise the day.

Looked to be a great day! I am so gutted I could not attend in the end! had my name down but then had to work last minute.com :-((

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, thanks to all that helped to arrange and to Wendy for directing us when we came in the wrong gate :)

Great day, great number of cars (50 at one point of the day, according to Judith), great weather, great parade lap, great event, thanks all for coming.

Picture time:

100_1371.JPG

100_1372.JPG

100_1373.JPG

100_1374.JPG

100_1375.JPG

100_1376.JPG

100_1377.JPG

100_1378.JPG

100_1379.JPG

100_1380.JPG

100_1381.JPG

Tempest

A terrific day out :) Had a great evening with several friends from the club in nearby Trowbridge last night, before heading to Castle Combe yesterday morning. Really enjoyed it all, and great to see so many folks there.

Well done to the folks who organised the event (Judith, Eric, and Ron for doing a great job with merchandise today) and well done to Chris and Dave for very well deserved trophy wins with their stunning Corrado's!

Had a really good day today, nice to meet old faces and some new ones. Many thanks to Judith, Ian, Eric and Ron for organising and running the day, well done to you all!

The parade laps were fun too, kind of got me thinking about doing some track days, never done any before.

Thanks to those who voted for my car, much appreciated although there were many very presentable cars on the stand.

My wife recorded the start of the parade laps with a total of 48 Rado's on track, Charlie's Turbo VR stands out for your audio pleasure, crank the sound up. Hopefully the link to the video works -

http://s531.photobucket.com/user/davesb/media/CCGB%20National%20Day%202013/CCGBNationalDayParadeLap_zps238846a6.mp4.html

Some pics from the day.

IMG_3208_zps803dc654.jpg

IMG_3209_zps70a5009b.jpg

IMG_3197_zps2cbb4c8b.jpg

IMG_3250_zps0bc423b9.jpg

IMG_3254_zpsd0a79c78.jpg

IMG_3316_zps261ed3f8.jpg

IMG_3248_zpsf7b76a27.jpg

IMG_3303_zps2582a4b8.jpg

Edited by daves16v

What was the total corrado count?

Great pics by the way looked like a great day allround

Great day ,like Dave16v thinking about doing some track days as i enjoyed the parade laps so much ,thanks to all who organised such a memorable day.A few of my pics here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/98104797@N03/sets/72157634724801080/

It really was a fantastic day and I'd like to say thank you to the organisers. It was a very relaxed affair with a superb turnout and the parade laps really added to the event. It was great to see a some old faces and a some new ones too. A few of us also took to the track briefly towards the end of the day including getting some free (for a donation) instruction. I've never been on the track before so I took it easy but still had a grin from ear to ear :)

The highlight for me was the noise Fay's car made when I was being overtaken by her. I saw her coming up in my mirror and as she had the instructor with her I knew she'd be pushing faster than me so I did my best to keep out of the way. We often get to hear our cars briefly revved while parked, or maybe accelerating in the distance. But now having been on a track at around 80mph and hearing one come screaming past at full throttle it's quite an experience. They sound incredible!

The standard of cars was very high there too. There were quite a few show condition cars and the rest were mostly very high quality. I'm not sure how many turned out but there were 73 registrations and I guess at least 60 were there if not more.

I didn't take many pictures because my photo skills are weak compared to some of the people on here. I did record the parade lap but unfortunately my wife called in the middle of it and it killed the recording. I'm now filing for divorce! :D

What a weekend , couldnt of had a better time if id of tried , thanks to everyone who organised this and made it possible , camping friday was a brilliant laugh and a few sore heads in the morning cleaning the cars , cheers for tea chris !!

Also thanks to micvr for sorting the camera out for the track and setting it up i cant wait to see the vids

Cheers chris for getting some phone pics and vids and thanks fay for making me get the instructor there was miles more confidence there with an ex touring car driver by your side

Wendy your absolutly barmy and the drive through banbury on the way home and all those roads was amazing , and VERY fast lol

Ill post some pics up of what i got , and one of my tyres after six laps of castle combe

yqara2uz.jpg

qezy5u5y.jpg

guza2yby.jpg

Met some really quality people thanks for a great time

Properly gutted I didn't make it down today.. Spent every spare minute the last week getting the VR ready for a midday appearance, but didn't finish till 6pm tonight :lol:

Loads of little jobs, which all took that little longer than expected, but had to be done right. The car is now properly sorted though, had a decent drive this eve so I'm pleased.

Gutted especially not to have caught up with James and my old R32 - so close to home but not close enough! And Mic, who I'd been talking with during the week. I even had Steves watch box in the car ready :(

Pics look great, well done to all involved.

Baz

Had a good day, the convoy down made the M4 more interesting... I was laughing at some of the bewildered looks of drivers and passengers in other cars as 5 Corrado's roared past one by one!

Great to see some old faces and meet some new ones, although I didn't catch what some of your usernames were here (please make yourself known!). I feel the standard of cars today was really good and everyone had obviously made an effort. Congratulations on the winners, all the hard work has paid off :) Not that I'd be in the running, but a couple of you told me later that you'd voted for mine... You're nuts, but thanks :nuts:

Didn't manage to take many photos, just quick snaps but if you're car is in the frame you may appreciate them. Of course I had to buy the pics of my car on the track.

Nick

79f0affc8a97f2bd637ffb6704198ee4_zps46a3872a.jpg

b9667f2148021c50983d1f8e10a77202_zpsd2edadde.jpg

35efccdef69de6097c0ed4ca4b084b4d_zpse5a242e4.jpg

30480b3a2f04e5f14a90099e2b9d6e9c_zpse5a63420.jpg

1ae342b5e8f8b0bbd5b3fdbd50af5c05_zps14e1eaea.jpg

cdba87a585ddf6c3c0b08e1a1dc29b73_zpsc8b291dd.jpg

VWAUDI200713998_zps07de3d4c.jpg

VWAUDI200713999_zps87da7954.jpg

Properly gutted I didn't make it down today.. Spent every spare minute the last week getting the VR ready for a midday appearance, but didn't finish till 6pm tonight :lol:

Loads of little jobs, which all took that little longer than expected, but had to be done right. The car is now properly sorted though, had a decent drive this eve so I'm pleased.

Gutted especially not to have caught up with James and my old R32 - so close to home but not close enough! And Mic, who I'd been talking with during the week. I even had Steves watch box in the car ready :(

Baz

Heh - I did wonder where you were Baz - no worries, will catch up sometime.

Was a great day and good to put some faces to forum-names :-)

---------- Post added at 9:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:00 AM ----------

Baz

Heh - I did wonder where you were Baz - no worries, will catch up sometime.

Was a great day and good to put some faces to forum-names :-)

Really gutted I couldn't make this event in the end, looks like it was a cracker for everyone and a great day out was had by all, nice pics.

Hoping to get my car back on the road in the next few weeks and looking forward to attending a couple of events later in the year.

What a great weekend! Couldn't have asked for a better reintroduction to corrado meets..... And thankfully people seemed to remember who I was! :lol:

Gutted I narrowly missed out on a show & shine trophy but there were some worthy winners and some excellent examples in the group.

Loved the parade laps and also seeing some of the forum member using them properly doing some sessions on track. I'm a little gutted I didn't head out myself but once I know the car better I'll definitely be joining in on some track time.

Great to see the old crew, and to camp on Friday night and have a proper catch up. Special thanks to Chris M for the food and cooking it, best paella I've ever had on a campsite... And good to meet some new people and put faces to names.

I'll try to check what footage I got on the camera during the week and put the video on YouTube.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Had a great day tho a little delicate from the previous night's festivities at "Camp Corrado" Thank's to the two Chris's,Wendy,Judith,Mic,Myles,Matt,ChrisL and chum's for a very enjoyable evening the rissotto was excellent Chris.I left a little earlier than i would have liked to but glad i did as i came across a couple of car's on the way back one of them the mk2 golf with the R36 in it man that thing is quick off the mark I wasn't far behind tho maybe have to look into bolting that T3 i have onto the 32.:wave:

What a weekend , couldnt of had a better time if id of tried , thanks to everyone who organised this and made it possible , camping friday was a brilliant laugh and a few sore heads in the morning cleaning the cars , cheers for tea chris !!

Also thanks to micvr for sorting the camera out for the track and setting it up i cant wait to see the vids

Cheers chris for getting some phone pics and vids and thanks fay for making me get the instructor there was miles more confidence there with an ex touring car driver by your side

Wendy your absolutly barmy and the drive through banbury on the way home and all those roads was amazing , and VERY fast lol

Ill post some pics up of what i got , and one of my tyres after six laps of castle combe

Met some really quality people thanks for a great time

Good to meet you too Matt - Admitt that drive was good back this way from Combe, although it was Chris - pushing me along, I would never drive that fast normally !!!

I hope your journey home was OK. , look forward to catching up again.

Great event, brilliant turn out, loved Parade Lap and watching various members Track their Corrado's, passenger ride with Charlie and great social event on the Friday night too. If only every weekend was like that - Loved it - thanks to the Committee for organising it.

Excellent day all round. The weather, convoy, venue, people and cars were all superb. It was a very early start to get there but lots had come from much further afield than me! I have to sheepishly admit its the first club event I've ever been to (despite having owned Corrados on and off since 2003!). I am determined to become a more active member of the Club and get to some more events. I particularly liked the idea I heard mentioned of a possible road trip to the LeMans race, Classic or the regular event