zeb911

The Football Thread 13/14

A point at dirty Leeds is ok I suppose. A win would be nice sometime though....:shrug:

Tottenham here. Missed the game today as I was at Retro Rides. Good to finally see us get a pen! Understand Holloway was unhappy though?

I'm old enough to remember when the shed end was just that....a shed!

From what I've been told, I don't envy you dude.

Holloway has made a career out of being unhappy mate! Doing the same 'woe is me' routine he did with 'little old blackpool'. Nothing wrong with the challenge in my opinion.

As regards the old chelsea, I went for a cup match 87/88 season and we won 3-1 I think at their place, by the time we got to the end of the road our coach only had 3 windows left in it although we did have an enviable collection of scaffolding tubes and bar stools! ;) We had to drive all the way to Leicester forest east services before we picked up the new coach...I nearly ruddy froze to death. Sadly that was par for the course in those days and i'm glad football has changed for the better and I can take my kids.

Don't doubt you mate. The last time I was at White Hart Lane I had the pleasure of sitting next to an old boy who told me stories of Chelsea in the 80s. Grim stuff. But as you say, much better these days.

As it goes, quite a few of my family support Wednesday so I have a soft spot for them. All born less than a mile from the ground. Been to Hilsborough a few times. Lovely old ground. Best of luck for the season. :thumbleft:

Thanks mate......we need all the luck we can get:thumbleft:

How did your team fare over the weekend??

my lot managed to score an own goal and give away a penalty in the last minute......

its never boring, i'll say that much....

Made the Champions League groups!

92nd minute winner enough to beat the Kazakh champions 3-2 on aggregate after a horror showing in Borat's homeland...now bring on the draw!

Paranoia goes with the RC community in Scotland,

Facepalm.png

...and with that you generalise an entire faith and community in a country of 6 million.

There's been enough evidence over the years to prove it's more than paranoia - but that's for another thread...I'm off to celebrate being in the UCL

This is not the place for this ,it is supposed to be a forum for car enthuisiast's Mod's please delete either the offensive posts or entire thread as you see fit.I have nothing to do with football which is why i come on this forum "for car content" and before any comment's are posted questioning my faith my mother's family are catholic my father's protestant myself and my two sister's were brought up to accept all race's/religion's.

Team : Harrogate Town. Feel in love with lower league football after free ticket where given out to the club i coach at. For me its more in touch with the real person the players even have it in there contract that they must join the fans for a drink.

This season? : Improvement on last years 6th place at least play off fingers cross automatic promotion

Game youre looking forward to? :Boxing day Guiseley at home can't wait managed to miss last seasons hoping i can get to it this year.

Players? : Seem to have picked up some of the better players in and around the league last year and keep a fairly solid base from last year. Chris Hall ex Hollyoaks star joins big physical center forward Is one for me to watch along with Adam Bolder and Micheal Woods both with premier league experience

This is not the place for this ,it is supposed to be a forum for car enthuisiast's Mod's please delete either the offensive posts or entire thread as you see fit.I have nothing to do with football which is why i come on this forum "for car content" and before any comment's are posted questioning my faith my mother's family are catholic my father's protestant myself and my two sister's were brought up to accept all race's/religion's.

Bloody hell...wind your neck in

I started this innocent thread and its in the 'off-topic' section clearly marked 'The football thread'. You you dont like it...dont read it.

I do however agree with the sentiments about religon....there is no place for it here...If you scottish boys want to cock wave at each other then take it elsewhere. I care as much about your religon as what you had for breakfast.

Anyway back to footie:bonk:

Harrogate Town....you got Adam Bolder ex wednesday legend with you now I see Gareth.....(I say legend, 13 matches on loan but he was a decent pro)

Anyway back to footie:bonk:

Harrogate Town....you got Adam Bolder ex wednesday legend with you now I see Gareth.....(I say legend, 13 matches on loan but he was a decent pro)

Very special player always looks like he's got 5 minutes on the ball and a bit of a nut case he's just starting a boxing career as well. Can you remember a few years ago a young lad that Chelsea poached from Leeds ended up costing Chelsea £5 million in compensation, He signed for Town last season still with us now quite a player

Did Palace in the Cup on Tuesday, great to get one up Holloway! We absolutely bossed them as well, although admittedly it was a young Palace team, its still a good scalp and will do wonders for our confidence. Southampton in the next round at St Marys which is excellent as I'm just round the corner now! Got the mighty Gills on Saturday who we beat in the First round of the Cup, so hopefully we can continue that on into the league. Been a bit disappointing in the League so far, free scoring but severely lacking in defence. Jay Emmanuel Thomas and Sam Boldock have been phenomenal so far though, and have developed a real understanding with each other. Easily the best strike force in the league! Just need to keep Boldock fit, although Marlon Harewood on the bench also offers decent cover. Time for a first league win since March! COYR!!!!

I'd love to congratulate you sean but brizzle's mighty giant killing of palace cost me an £84 win on my coupon you swine ! :mad::tongue: Mighty result for your boys though :thumbleft:

Away at Middlesboro on saturday......not exactly full of hope shall we say

Sorry buddy, all is fair in love and Cups though! :grin:

Bristol City vs Rovers tonight in the JPT, really looking forward to this with a few beers! Lets continue the bragging rights, and have one over the gas heads! COYR!!!

Edited by seanl82

Mindless imbeciles mate. It wasn't all that bad though as it was well broken up by the police. Half a dozen mounted police waving riot sticks like an 80s German at a hardcore house party waving a glow stick breaks it up pretty well! Poor groundsman is gonna have to deal with the mess left by those horses on the pitch though!

Does seem to be silly season. More than 3 swear words used in quick succession and its treated as a major incident !

I had a good weekend. St Mirren weren't playing so they didn't get beat.

Flippin' eck, Palace got a point!

Aaaand I'd say we're safe now ;)

Never even realised there was a football forum on here! Come on Tony, you've done what was needed - give King Brennys tricky reds an easy ride now :lol: