zeb911

The Football Thread 13/14

Oh and the season started with such optimism. Alas, we've probably narrowly avoided relegation. Sean O'dismall has been shown the door, and Steve Cottrell is now at the helm. Not a huge fan of his and wasn't overly pleased when he took over due to the style of football his team's seem to play, but being honest league 1 is never going to play Barca style possession pass and move football is it! To be fair, he seems to have turned things round. Made some very shrewd loan signings who are available on frees in the Summer, are making all the right noises about wanting a permanent contract at the club, and they've made a huge difference too. That coupled with a bit of enthusiasm which is obviously infectious, but which O'Dismall was severely lacking in, has turned around our fortunes. If the season had started when SC took over, we'd be fourth now! This time I'll be quietly optimistic at the start of next season!

Please Mr Wenger , can we have some money spent in the summer ? Gooners have been suffering for a long time now . And pleeeeease don't cock it up in the FA cup final !!

I'm an Arsenal man too:smug: Typical season really as far as the league, Injuries, injuries, injuries! Ramsey was doing superb! And it started going down hill when we lost him...And another we have really missed IMO, Diaby! He's like our Yaya toure, He's been out that long that I'd almost forgotten about him.

Just hope we still qualify for CL football tbh, FA cup would be a nice bonus.

EDIT: Just to add, I've always said that Girouds touch/control is superb, just needs some more penetration through to him in the last third.

That being said, I'm Burnley born and bred, so pretty happy that it looks like they will have PL football if even just for 1 season again lol.

Liverpool fan here loving this title run in at the start of the season i wanted 4th place now i want to win the league come on the 'pool

liverpool fan here loving this title run in at the start of the season i wanted 4th place now i want to win the league come on the 'pool

King Brennys tricky reds :)

Well done Arsenal; deserved in the end. Felt for the Hull fans obviously but probably the right result overall.

M.

Glory glory Arsenal , so happy !!! . The last cup final my old man saw was 1979 when they beat Man U , he would have been jumpin around the house like a man possessed now !