• Sat 24th Aug
    • Sun 25th Aug
    • Sat 31st Aug
    • Sun 1st Sept
    • Sat 7th Sept
    • Sun 8th Sept
    • Sat 14th Sept
    • Sun 15th Sept

Meet to be held at The Queen's Head on Sun 1st Sept at 11.30am.

Pub is just to the east of Guildford and pretty easy to find. It's on the main street in East Clandon. Postcode is GU4 7RY.

Hope to see lots of you there!

I recently visited The Queen's Head in East Clandon and think it's a lovely place and ideal for a meet.

There are a fair few parking spaces on tarmac (overflow car park is on large stones), the food is good, the staff are friendly and the pub itself is tastefully decorated and located in a nice spot.

A while ago, there were a few people interested in a meet in Surrey. Is that still the case?

edit: if there are a few people interested, then I'll add a poll so we can choose the best date.

Edited by scarlet_vr6

4 of us is a good start, if we can find a date when we're all free! Would you prefer a weekend (in which case, Sat or Sun) or an evening after work?

If I'm free ill be along after work. I'll ask 2sheds. I'm off on hole till the 26th sadly tho. But I work in Epsom. There is a real friendly pub in Esher that I remember from m old ford days that was amazing, even put in grub if there were enough of you.

I'll get the name, maybe we could get a few vw along

Edited by geoffersmaher

I can make week days but it would have to be after 8pm at the absolute earliest. Otherwise a Saturday is best for me.

If I'm free ill be along after work. I'll ask 2sheds. I'm off on hole till the 26th sadly tho. But I work in Epsom. There is a real friendly pub in Esher that I remember from m old ford days that was amazing, even put in grub if there were enough of you.

I'll get the name, maybe we could get a few vw along

The Bear? Hell if it's in Esher I'll walk** so I can drink :) Although I think we should probably stick with Fay's suggestion as its a little more central for some people.

** Might actually get a cab if my ankle isn't fixed by then

Edited by Portent

Depending on exactly where and when, I wouldnt mind a little pootle along as it only an hour or so away. Weekend would be best for me due to work and family etc. Be good to have a little drive afterward if there is some nice scenery and/or roads the area too. Well done for organising Fay! :thumbleft:

In principle a great idea Fay, and depending on date I'll be there. Would also prefer weekends - I used to find that Sunday lunchtime was a good time for a meet, although that can be when good pubs are at their busiest so can be more difficult parking wise.

Charlie

So many people who are interested! This could be a cracking meet with some very nice Corrados present, and owners of course!!

Weekends seem to be the preference thus far, and so I have added a poll to choose the date which suits the most people. There is a maximum of 10 poll options so the choices are from Sat 17th Aug until Sun 15th Sept. I have created a poll which allows multiple options to be chosen, so please vote for all dates which suit you.

I think Sean's idea of a drive afterwards is a great one, although I don't know the roads too well around there. Anyone got a suggestion? If not, we can just make something up on the day!

Geoff, I also like the sound of an all VW meet in Esher, but I'm going to try to arrange this one in East Clandon to make it easier for those who live further west. I'll keep an eye out for a thread about an Esher meet though.

By the way, I've included 17th and 18th Aug in the poll, but Harewood House is that weekend so perhaps not the best choice?! Maybe I should change it to include 21st and 22nd Sept instead...

Edited by scarlet_vr6

Sat 31st or sun 1st for me, voted 31st in poll as sat should be quieter parking wise in pub I would have thought

I've voted for most dates. Can't make 7th or 8th sept though due to my son's birthday and also taking my daughter to a concert on the Sunday.

I can do pretty much any of the dates but am working on the 24th til mid-dayish but could come after that, other than that any times fine for me.

Actually I've ticked Sunday 15th but just realised I can't make that day sorry...

Edited by Jamie

I voted for most Sundays but I can't make the 14th or 15th Sep. due to the Goodwood revival meeting, most dates are fine with me.

I agree that a Saturday might be better as the pub could be quieter and more parking spaces available. Ofcourse alot of it depends on the weather and a sunny Sunday afternoon could mean a packed pub and not enough parking!

What a great idea. Lets get a date in the diary and hope the weather says fine. There are plenty of goods road in the area, including Box Hill.

Placed my vote. Tad annoying as I'm back from me holiday on the 22nd of this month, and with being in retail I only get every other Sunday off, if its after work I'm game for any day though

It seems to have gonea bit quiet on this proposed meet?! Are people still up for it? From the Poll, Sun 1st seems to be the favourite?

hehe, great minds... about to go out, but decided I just had enough time to check how the poll was doing and hopefully set a date! So Sun 1st it is. Which is good cos it's one of the dates I can make!

I've checked the opening hours and it's 11.30am on a Sunday. Shall we say 11.30-12 meet in the hope of getting the tarmac parking spaces? Sunday lunch anyone? If there are lots of us who do, I'll give the pub a call and make a booking.

Pub is just to the east of Guildford and pretty easy to find. It's called The Queen's Head and is on the main street in East Clandon. Postcode is GU4 7RY.

Hope to see lots of you there!

Edited by scarlet_vr6

Cool. Going to Edition 38 on the Saturday so should be able to make this :)