borarob

glove box light

hi, when should the glove box light come on. mine has a manual switch on it, but it appears to do nothing. does it get power when your lights are on or should it be all the time or just when ignition is on. will help me sort it if i know what needs to happen make the volts flow..

cheers.

mine is ignition fed as well. If it is powered up all the time it could drain the battery if you leave it on.

Believe it's supposed to be ignition fed,

When I was researching on here to put my Audi gauge's in,I found a thread that said take the volt wire from the glovebox light as its ignition fed !

interesting. Mine doesnt work at all for some reason. Bulb is fine. maybe need to check the +ve as the ground is fine.

interesting. Mine doesnt work at all for some reason. Bulb is fine. maybe need to check the +ve as the ground is fine.

well it looks like i'm in the same boat, new bulb but light doesn't work under any scenario!

side note, is there anywhere I can get a 12v feed thats live when dash illumination is on?

Edited by borarob

well it looks like i'm in the same boat, new bulb but light doesn't work under any scenario!

side note, is there anywhere I can a 12v feed thats live when dash illumination is on?

Should be one in the radio loom.

Can you not take it from the ashtray light or the back of the heater dials? Easy enough to splice in....

Can you not take it from the ashtray light or the back of the heater dials? Easy enough to splice in....

Didn't realise the ashtray was illuminated, this sounds like a good place to start, cheers

Hello I hope you've sorted your glove compartment light issue.

I take it your rear wiper works ok, it's just that fuse number 4 is for the rear wiper,

and can be for the glove compartment light as well.

These fuses can some times have bad connections.

Si

Thanks for the tip, can't be my issue though as rear wiper is working fine.

Checked my ashtray and it does indeed light up with dash so going to use that for some cabin illumination :-)

Just so you know the ashtray is illuminated by a perspex tube, coming from the cigarette lighter. There is no actual bulb in the ashtray.

Just so you know the ashtray is illuminated by a perspex tube, coming from the cigarette lighter. There is no actual bulb in the ashtray.

I'm almost sure there is a bulb at the top of the ashtray-holder?

I'm almost sure there is a bulb at the top of the ashtray-holder?

There certainly is a bulb in it's own holder on my 94 vr :)