Wullie

Just can't do it.

SORN'd the Corrado a couple of months ago as it needed a bit of work for it's MOT and pennies are in really short supply. So it's been sat on the drive looking forlorn while I swithered whether I had the time and patience to break it or just wheel it down to the scrappy and be done with it.

Made my mind up today that I really can't let it go and began to make a list of needed bits and work that's required for said MOT.

Just couldn't do it. She who thinks she must be obeyed just shook her head and muttered something about besotted and sanity.

Well done for making the right choice Wullie . Them in doors always say stuff like that , mine comes out with the comment "if it was a Porsche I could understand it ".

SORN'd the Corrado a couple of months ago as it needed a bit of work for it's MOT and pennies are in really short supply. So it's been sat on the drive looking forlorn while I swithered whether I had the time and patience to break it or just wheel it down to the scrappy and be done with it.

Made my mind up today that I really can't let it go and began to make a list of needed bits and work that's required for said MOT.

Just couldn't do it. She who thinks she must be obeyed just shook her head and muttered something about besotted and sanity.

What's it need Wullie?

What's it need Wullie?

Surprisingly little after todays look round. A rear wheel bearing, a couple of brake pipes and an exhaust clamp so far. Tidy up the paint and bodywork and a good clean out for starters. I'll run it down to JR Volkswagen and shove it up on a sparer ramp and have a better look. When that's done I'll run it into the garage and see what happens. Had it too long to just let go.

Hello could you hellp

Are those the right words in the wrong order? Should that have been "Hello could help you"?

Wullie - definitely the right choice, but really the only choice!

One of my biggest regrets was not buying an alpine white VR6 C around 15 years ago, I opted for a MK3 VR6 in dragon green instead - big mistake!

One of my biggest regrets was not buying an alpine white VR6 C around 15 years ago, I opted for a MK3 VR6 in dragon green instead - big mistake!

I regret not buying a nugget 18 years ago... Bought a vr corrado in blue instead... Still got it as a toy.

I passed up a new Storm in 1995 for a mk3 VR6. What on earth was I thinking :(

She who thinks she must be obeyed just shook her head and muttered something about besotted and sanity.

And, her point was ? !!!!

My neighbours give me similar grieve, especially now another V6 engine sits in my new toy the 350Z.

Owned the Corrado 11 years and watched numerous people regret selling there, so mine is staying. Currently in garage with just a little trickle charge to keep her battery sweet.

You will be glad you did not sell it, especially for the relatively few things it needs too.

Good decision.

If you need a hand with anything Wullie, I'm just down the road. I've got some kunifer pipe nd connectors lying about doing hee haw too if you need some. I've never got round to making my own pipes.

You need to keep the Corrado going - you might not know it, but it's a legend in the area. Numerous people over the years have told me about an old white Corrado they saw in Paisley! No word of a lie, I'm positive it was yours!

Brake pipes on, surprisingly painless and they brakes bled out perfectly. Tip, get a really keen grandson to jump up and down on the pedal, did exactly what I said. Also got the grinder out and went round the wheel arches and sundry other little brown spots on the body. Some rust preventative and primer at the moment. She who must occasionally be obeyed said it was a good idea. It's like camouflage so no one notices it on the drive. I obeyed her when she said why don't you bugger off for a beer and give me peace from your greetin face. Hoping for a dry day tomorrow.

Thanks to all for the encouragement.

Good work Wullie !

One question,did she who must be obeyed,watch you shaking her head ?

Well, now you come to mention it, while I was rolling about on the drive she did enquire where I'd put the insurance policies. Actually I think she gave up on me years ago.

Well, after much rolling about on the driveway, much cursing and sweary words and managing to get a load of underseal in my hair the Corrado is booked in for an MOT next Tuesday. I love Irwin bolt grippers.

Well, just dropped the car off for it's MOT. Garage says "Give me a call about 4 pm. Should be done by then." The man has no sympathy for my fingernails.