clumpy1

What brand of petrol and Why?

I have been very interested regarding people having issue's with petrol/diesel my sister recently had issue's with her 61 plate Kia sportage (I know but she like's it) I think it cost her a couple of hundred quid has anyone else had problem's?

Just been having a conversation on here regarding morrisons fuel , I've just googled it and there seems to be a problem in the southwest mostly , now I'm only saying what I have read, when I googled morrisons cutting there fuel with bio fuel and it's effecting cars that are 10 years and older . Have a look and see what you think mate

. Considering the problems I'm having it was suggested to put some additive in and change the filter , I had put some in when I filled up , have started my Vr every four hours first turn of the key today , not saying I've sorted the problem , but I will not be filling up at morrisons anymore .

Rob

Edited by robrado974

Just been having a conversation on here regarding morrisons fuel , I've just googled it and there seems to be a problem in the southwest mostly , now I'm only saying what I have read, when I googled morrisons cutting there fuel with bio fuel and it's effecting cars that are 10 years and older . Have a look and see what you think mate

Rob

I saw it Rob that's what made me start this thread,i think it was Morrison's Diesel my sister used and at the time it was all over the Kia forum the thing is it caused my sister's car to lose power when in the fast lane a bit of a scary moment for her.

Does not sound good does it , i always used shell vpower ,but they closed it down in our area , will be looking for my nearest esso now .

I use the Tesco 99 momentum and have to say it is better than the shell v-power and get better mpg with it.

I use the Tesco 99 momentum and have to say it is better than the shell v-power and get better mpg with it.

Great minds. I was a v power guy but a mate recommend 99 and the vr loves it!

Might have to give this a try. Its about 2 miles further than the regular filling station, but worth a go I reckon.

A couple of my mate's have turbo's and they say there's run's better with it especially on the over run popping one commented on mine when he was behind me and I gave it the Gas in third said it threw some flames out the exhaust Quality :)

Tescos 99 for me , or shell v power nitro although garages are scarce round my woods , vr's run much better on 99 ron and yep clumpy your right , iv not got much in the form of exhaust but my mate was following one night and i nailed it of a roundabout and he said it spat a flame out , happy days

I have massive flame envy!..... im somewhat obsessed with flame spitting, ill keep my eyes open at rr day I think

I'm not too fussy except that it has to be super unleaded or better.. so I tend to either go for V-Power, Tesco Momentum, or if I'm desperate Sainsburys super unleaded as they're all my nearest petrol stations.

Best stuff I ever filled up with was ARAL 102 RON in Germany - the car felt amazingly smooth and quick on a tank full of it!

Wish they would make 102 here , at least we have it better than the states dont they only get something like 94 or something ?

You can get these additives and octane boosters cant you but iv always been a bit on the fence with them as to if they work or not

Wish they would make 102 here , at least we have it better than the states dont they only get something like 94 or something ?

You can get these additives and octane boosters cant you but iv always been a bit on the fence with them as to if they work or not

I think the US octane rating is a little confusing, as I think they rate their fuel in PON rather than RON which is slightly different? So no idea what the actual comparisons are.

Ah here we go :)

http://thoms1.net/Ford/Reference/RONMONPON.html

So US fuel does indeed seem to be PON and ranges from 87 (crap) to 91 (premium)... so converted for us that's 90 RON (!!) for their basic fuel up to 95 for 'premium' - I guess we get the better deal here. But then they pay less than half for fuel..

From what I read on the piston heads site I will be staying away from m's from now on.

Do you have a link please?