Jamie

Jamie's Flash Red VR6 - Woken From Hibernation

I never thought I’d buy a red car, always stuck to dark colours, then I bought a red VR last year. I have to say, I’ve grown to love the colour. That said, you car looks amazing and I’m loving the wheels. The fact it’s got a VSR is the icing on the cake!

I would be tempted to buy yours if/when it goes up for sale, but I suspect I would get an almighty slap from the Mrs if I bought another...

Thanks Michael. It is a great car and I love it, but I put it away with the intention of going over at least once a month and taking it out and it ended up sat for two years, so I think the times definitely come. In fact the only reason I still have it now is I shudder at the thought of dealing with potential buyers and all the messing about selling a car entails. I know I’ll regret selling it before it’s even out of sight.

VR6Monkey - just do it mate! They always forgive you and the slap marks fade after a couple of days. Plus a couple of weeks of silent treatment does a man the world of good...

I love this car, in fact, when I tell someone I have a few Corrado’s, and they ask what it looks like. I show them a picture of yours, then say I’ve got a red one too that may one day look half as good as this!

VR6Monkey - just do it mate! They always forgive you and the slap marks fade after a couple of days. Plus a couple of weeks of silent treatment does a man the world of good...

Lol...

I'll PM you, I have a couple of questions.

Regards, James

I love this car, in fact, when I tell someone I have a few Corrado’s, and they ask what it looks like. I show them a picture of yours, then say I’ve got a red one too that may one day look half as good as this!

Haha cheers mate - appreciate the love :D

PM replied James

On 5/6/2020 at 2:36 PM, Petetandino said:

My old Corrado! 👍

Think I recognise your username from E38/No Rice. Did you have a really nicely done Oak Green MKII 16v? 

On 5/27/2020 at 11:26 PM, BILLCOR said:

Do you still have the car now Jamie?

I do Bill. It’s been in storage for a while now, only coming out for a yearly MOT and service but I’ve still got it. I keep thinking about selling up but just can’t bring myself to do it

• Like 1

For some reason I don’t seem to be able to edit my original title anymore but just a sad update and an end to the thread. The day I was putting off and never thought would come did a couple of weeks ago - the car is no longer Jamie’s Flash Red VR6, it’s now someone else’s 😢

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for all the brilliant advice and love and positivity the car received during my time on here. 

I still love Corrados and maybe one day there’ll be another one in my life but that’s it from me. 

For now anyway… 😉

B4F9D808-C8F7-4B71-AA90-BF53EB812E9F.jpeg

18 hours ago, daves16v said:

I came back last week after 6 years so it does happen, all the best anyway!

oh really - have i missed something? lol

oh damn that is one very nice looking Corrado. Like the wheels a lot. Good luck with future endevours and hope to see you back one day! 

Best of luck Jamie. I sold up a few weeks back too. Do you still have the 997? Good step on from the Corrado and can see why it wasn't getting much use. Still remember our trip up to Stealth fondly. 👍

Cheers lads

Sean - oh mate that’s a shame. What have you replaced it with? Yeah still got the 911  mate. I think that was a major part of the issue tbh - couldn’t really see a time when I would walk past the Porsche to go out in the Corrado, although it was a close call at one point which one would go.  Unfortunately when I decided to let the Corrado go I had a walk round it and looked at what needed doing, nothing major at all, and just thought deep down I’ll never get round to doing this. Yeah that was an awesome day out and I met up with some good people that day, yourself included. 

I had this same decision earlier last year whether to sell my 997 or black Vr6- I decided to sell the 997 with 76 k on the clock as the black corrado had a fresh rebuilt  engine rebuild and complete new running gear,  all 996 and 997 M96 will need an engine rebuild at some point as words of Hartech. its not if but when and costs 15 k- also teamed up  easily with a midlife refresh of 10 k  . The Porsche brand is an easier car to source parts for though and there is no need to part hoard spare parts which makes it a more attractive classic car experience. Also its not hard  car to sell to pull capital out of it you want to try another car etc or downsize. If I was ever going to to come out of the VW game all together I would probs sell all three and buy a Mezger 997 or 996 and just a nice daily - . very hard decision though as im sure it was for yourself.  

Another observation I have made is the increase in new car costs- I was one  the first to purchase and import in  S550 GT in 2015 it cost 32k all in - now today the same spec car to buy new only 7 years later is a whopping 53 k - now in days gone by at the end of a run  in a marque would normally be same price as first run to sell off end of marque. 

Where did your car end up going to If you dont mind me asking and what sort of premium did it fetch in this day and age?  was a real nice car for sure must of been sad to see her go.  

Edited by Keyo

On 6/12/2022 at 10:09 PM, Keyo said:

Where did your car end up going to If you dont mind me asking and what sort of premium did it fetch in this day and age?  was a real nice car for sure must of been sad to see her go.  

If my 911 does ever go pop I’ll just take out a massive loan and go for a 4.0 conversion. 

I sold it to an old mate of mine for about the same money as the VSR would have fetched on its own 

3 hours ago, Jamie said:

If my 911 does ever go pop I’ll just take out a massive loan and go for a 4.0 conversion. 

I sold it to an old mate of mine for about the same money as the VSR would have fetched on its own 

Your friend is a lucky chapy was a great car- if you ever need a Porsche tech not sure where your based but an ex Porsche master tech I use to use - he know works for Mclaren but does foreigners on the weekend at his froend garage near the Belfry Golf course- exceptional mechanic - he is about 6 times cheaper in labour then indies and worked at Sutton Coldfield Porsche for 15 years . It was pretty funny once he opened his jacket and had s trip of ims bearings he showed me - was a bit like del boy - he would do that job for around 350 all in. 

Your engine can go up to 3..8 - can only go up 0,2 in an M96 - M97 can go up to to 4. 

Edited by Keyo