Dude VR6

Old tax disc

Who keeps ther old tax disc ? When I brought my Corrado, I got a large folder with old tax disc, bill of sales, and a whole load if old receipts. Its bout time I sorted them all out and want a folder to hold my tax disc in, any surgestions would be helpfull.

I keep mine. I don't know why but it just feels that someone who keeps every bit of history cares about the car so I always see it as a positive, especially as I have a folder of documents going right back to the original sale invoice back in 1994.

I do too.... I dont think ill ever sell up but still keep everything, keep service history up even though I over service it and even have receipts for tyres the previous owner bought in the 90s.

Yep, as above I keep everything. Not sure why I keep the tax discs.... Maybe to show I'm not a thieving scrote driving around without tax!

Im a horder for things like this..

With my old one i even kept every petrol receipt, not sure exactly what that proved other than i drove it but it made me happy at the time..

Yeah I keep mine and every receipt. Mainly because when I bought it all I got was manuals and service book but now I have receipts from engine rebuild, gearbox and even little clips

definitely keep them,

when they stop them they will instantly become collectors items and you can sell them on E38 as rare

P.S. I keep mine aswell

I keep everything. When buying a car it has previously just come down to who was the most 'anal' owner! If someone has gone to the trouble of even keeping receipts for light bulbs/ old tax discs etc I can't imagine them red lining it from cold!

Yep, I have all old tax discs and DVLA letters too. I agree that someone who bothers to file all that stuff is much more likely to look after their car.

My Jetta came with a wonderful handwritten notebook from the first private owner (it started life as a lease vehicle). It lists every penny he spent on the car including fuel stops. He drew loads of columns including date, petrol stn, grade of petrol, price per litre, mileage, avg fuel consumption, his start point and destination, and oil temp when he stopped. Awesome thing to have but wouldn't have liked to have been queuing behind him!