Jim

Bought a DAB radio for the Corrado.. brilliant!

I'm thinking of going DAB too but will the antenna reach to the rear screen?

I was thinking of doing the same but I don't think it will, Dave :( At least not the one I bought. But there may be other options which would.

I currently have a DAB aerial mounted the rear quarter window, but the reception is awful, maybe a powered antenna is a answer ?

Do you think it would reach that far ?

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't. But as I say, I don't find it particularly intrusive tucked into the corner on the windscreen. In fact I don't notice it at all when driving. See my pictures in previous pages :)

Sorry to say, but you've fitted the DAB aerial incorrectly. The sticky 'tab' that comes out of the black aerial box is supposed to attach to the car bodywork on the pillar. The, the aerial runs subtly around the side of the screen. If fitted properly, they're not very noticeable.

Sorry to say, but you've fitted the DAB aerial incorrectly. The sticky 'tab' that comes out of the black aerial box is supposed to attach to the car bodywork on the pillar. The, the aerial runs subtly around the side of the screen. If fitted properly, they're not very noticeable.

Hm - that's annoying - the paperwork that came with the car wasn't exactly clear on how you fitted it, and it wasn't exactly obvious.

I don't mind too much - as I've said several times on here I'm not finding the aerial intrusive and I actually don't notice it at all.

And interestingly after a random search, this person has fitted his pretty similarly..

https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/43/158332.html

But it does explain why that little tab was left over. Ho hum. I'll live with it for now until I feel flush enough to go and buy another one and rip this one out.

Hm - that's annoying - the paperwork that came with the car wasn't exactly clear on how you fitted it, and it wasn't exactly obvious.

I don't mind too much - as I've said several times on here I'm not finding the aerial intrusive and I actually don't notice it at all.

And interestingly after a random search, this person has fitted his pretty similarly..

https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/43/158332.html

But it does explain why that little tab was left over. Ho hum. I'll live with it for now until I feel flush enough to go and buy another one and rip this one out.

If you're VERY careful then you can remove these and re-use them. You will need some kind of a splint to stop it curling up while you transfer it!

But you can see he's mounted the 'tab' on the bodywork.

I've fitted hundreds of these, and as you stated, the instructions on most of them are rubbish. The design of these DAB aerials are pretty poor too, though I suppose they need to make them as universal as possible.

I got a t bar screen mount style dab aerial and mounted it just above the internal mirror.

Not intrusive and not in vision - good reception.

£15 from halfrauds.

I could live without dab have one in my van, car and work. Had Sony one in my car now 5-6yrs was £400 when bought that one, what like most has 6v pre out front/rear and sub.

Hbhaha ahh well I made the same mistake.

Works fine though

Just fitted a Pure DAB and one of these roof beesting jobbies....http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/Kinetic_DRA-6001_FM-AM_DAB_car_aerial.html

Direct fit replacement for the Corrado ariel. Just need to run three cables from rear roof to head unit. Simples!

May look into this when the weather gets a bit better - how easy is it to drop the headlining at the back to access the aerial? Something I've never had to do but always had visions it'd be some kind of nightmare..

May look into this when the weather gets a bit better - how easy is it to drop the headlining at the back to access the aerial? Something I've never had to do but always had visions it'd be some kind of nightmare..

Its easy Jim you just have to remove the plastic trim that runs along the back of the headlining that then gives you access. Cheers for the heads up with the aerial which package did you go with on the list buttles?

I went with the £55.99 bundle. It has a DAB lead and FM/AM lead as I wanted to keep FM available. My new head unit has an ISO socket which suits the FM lead in the bundle.

Big deep breath and out came the glovebox and off came the left hand screen trim. You just need to drop the rooflining on the left hand side to run the new cables along the path of the existing aerial cable. The DAB aerial needs a 12v supply so run that along the same path. I just tapped it off the switched lead going into the back of the head unit. Use an inline fuse. As always check the perm live and switched live of the pins of the connectors. The new leads are too long for the Corrado so coil them up out of the way of the sunroof mech, unless you can find someone to shorten them. The Pure head unit has Bluetooth for phone and streaming music from smartphone.

I'm looking at getting a pioneer 8700dab. There are some universal dab aerials on eBay for about a tenner. Any advice or suggestions? Unfortunately the pics Jim posted earlier are no longer there..

https://g.co/kgs/r1pTgb

If the link works, I used a Hirschmann dab roof aerial in my Edition 30. Was the bee sing style so looked totally original. Definite quality but not cheap.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The link certainly doesn't work. .. go on ebay and search Hirschmann is on their. 60 pounds

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just bought the pioneer. Nice bit of kit but a nightmare to install due to the loom clearance and usb cable depth at the back. Haven't bought a DAB aerial yet but thought I'd use it as is first. BUT and this is a real annoyance, the radio reception is no good. My old kenwood worked fine but two head units I've tried have had really poor reception as though the aerial is not connected. Any way to test the aerial or indeed it's even receiving power?

Apologies - will see if I can still even login to my Imageshack account and find those pictures and re-host them..

I just bought a Sony DSX-A500BD.

Its not got great review but I bought it before reading them. Apparently it doesn't always go back to the correct audio input after disconnecting from calls. Its second hand and I only paid £35 posted for it, so not too worried tbh. Its for the daily for now and at least I'll be able to listen to my music as its either Radio 1 or 2, Heart, or Pirate FM down here. All are atrocious! I'll swap it into the Corrado when its back on the road I expect, but it'll be good to see how it fares with picking up radio stations as to whether I invest in a good one.

Dumb error - i had disconnected the blue/white wire from the loom and then the HU side was connected to the amp. Obviously no power to the aerial booster hence no signal. I'll be putting on another bullet connector now so hopefully everything shoukd be fine now

Just bought a windscreen mounted dab aerial. Does anyone have any images of this mounted by the rear view mirror or anywhere else? Any suggestions or advice on the installation and location?

Hasan, I've got one on the Pug. I ran the cable behind the dash and up the passenger side A pillar to the top of the screen on that side. Barely notice it now and doesn't affect vision