seanl82

TEVES 20 ABS system parts list?

May be worthwhile bleeding them again Tony. I had an utter mare with it. I put 4 litres of fluid through it yet I was still a bit unsure, although it did firm up after a little drive around. I had to rope the missus in to help me do it manually in the end! I had the abs pump off which I mentioned, changed the rear bias/compensator, changed front and rear hoses, and swapped the MC as I thought it may have been at fault, but was exactly the same. I bled everything including abs pump, clutch MC and slave, and brake MC too. The only thing I can put it down to being different from my car, was the disks and pads are slightly more worn, and I had the braided hoses.

You do get a spongier pedal when you go for the 288's as the pad is so much larger. Braided lines and a vacuum bleed will do some good here. I personally don't like pressure bleeders myself, they are a bit pants and I don't like the idea of forcing air into a fluid that is hydroscopic. The Teves20 system isn't much better to bleed!

Interesting comment re pressure bleeding sean. Ive driven mine round the block and it seems to be firming up a bit but I'll bleed the fronts and mc again and see if it improves. You can't stop quickly in mine at the moment.l :(

What cap/lid do i need for the Teves20 brake fluid res? Think i've lost my original corrado one, had problems with it anyway.

Looking on vagcat at a passat with the Teves20 system, it looks like the cap is just a cap, no sensor or place to plug the existing wiring into.

Fairly sure(at least I hope) that I removed this when I robbed the teves20 stuff from the old (late)golf VR I had.

I'll look tonight and get you a number/pic hopefully

anyone know or got a pic of there teves20?

Don't think mine came with a lid, i did have the corrado lid but lost it for the moment, and previously with the wires plugged into the lid the handbrake light was always on unless i unplugged it

Here is the pictures mate, doesn't seem to be a part number on the cap though. Very similar to the Corrado one.

DDA8AD62-6E4B-445E-9029-D5B63EC2509C.jpg

F7DC8240-82DB-47DD-8DC0-578A74D3D920.jpg

F4B8787A-CD05-4124-AC62-513200EDD2D1.jpg

Cheers for pics. I bought another corrado lid and it worked fine. Found my original lid this weekend.

Car is running now so got round to checking the abs install. All seems good apart from abs light stays on.

Did a scan with vcds and it says both front wheel sensors. The ones i fitted were corrado ones from gsf. Not sure what to check apart from wiring. Is the a way to test the sensors?

Hi all

Can anyone advise me on fitting the Teves 20 to my late model 2.0 8V Corrado….On reading this I don't think the last 8valve models were the same as all the others as I struggled to get a master cylinder a few years ago…..My car has the ABS pump fitted to the firewall but it only has two outlet pipes on the master cylinder instead of the 4 as on VR6… it seems to have a travel sensor on it….( can i leave this in place and just don't connect it up

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B981VOwPwLQLcUQwb2dsTTRqR3M/view?usp=sharing

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Planning my own upgrade, using this as the bible very glad it's been done.

Just gathering all the parts, it's a slow process now trying to track some of them down. Hence the reason for my question:

Does anyone know if the ABS pump bracket from an early B5 Passat will fit? Been looking at diagrams online and at B5 pumps. The pump looks more or less the same as the one I have (mk3 golf) so I guess the pump may fit in the bracket. What I don't know is whether the B5 bulkhead holes were still in the same place. I expect not but thought it was worth asking in case anyone else had tried it.

Also do I need a different bracket for the servo? I have a B4 servo to fit. Seen some references to that online but I thought it was just bolted straight onto the bulkhead. Don't remember taking a bracket off when I dismantled my mk3.

I'm part way through this now and have just put the new wiring looms in. Can I just double check something on the wiring info to make sure I understood properly?

The wires that go into the fuse box - the black & red wire that comes out of W block and goes into the female connector. I found a male connector with the same colour wire which was hanging loose by the box so used that to connect to, when I fitted the loom for the new abs light I noticed that has a male single connector with black & red wire which isn't used. Wondering whether to connect that up to it instead.

The other question is the yellow & black wire. There is one already in D3 which I've spliced into the black & yellow wire on the abs loom. I've also spliced in another length of black & yellow with a connector on it and plugged that into D7. That's the way I understood it from this post is that correct? Whilst the innards are all out I'd rather make sure it's 100% correct now.

The rest of it is coming along slowly. Having to modify the abs bracket slightly again which is a Frankenstein of a corrado & a mk3 golf bracket but once that's done it'll fit perfectly.

Wouldn't have dared do this if the write up wasn't here so thank you again all who contributed.

All sounds right to me, only bit i can't remember is the red/black connection on the ABS light loom.

Excellent. Thanks for that. Well if the way I've done it doesn't work I can always fix it when everything is back in that one connector isn't so hard to reach.

Because of the rarity of Passats breaking in the U.K. I had to get a LHD loom. All fine except fuse box connectors were all far too short so lots of cutting & soldering from my old loom to get them to reach across the other side of the car 😂

According to the parts list on the first page it looks like it does. I can't think why it wouldn't, my Passat loom connects to a mk3 Golf pump although I haven't switched the system on yet to test it.

I couldn't find a Golf loom easily and I kicked myself at the time because I dismantled a mk3 Golf a few years ago, kept the ABS pump and a few other bits with this job in mind but sold the wiring looms! D'oh. I think I convinced myself I needed a Passat loom for some reason, I probably confused myself with the ABS light loom as the one I got is from a Passat as well as the warning light.

Seems to be coming along nicely now anyway, I've taken the opportunity to do loads of other work while I'm about it so it's taking a long time but really pleased with what I've done so far. Making the brake pipes next. I'll be glad when that job is done.

I've got the system in my daily built by Purple Tom, they are outstanding compared to the standard set up on my VR

I've been gathering the bits to do my VR when feeling brave enough

Does this conversion work for 91 G60 corrado ABS system? Is all the parts and wiring the same when converting from TEVES 02 to TEVES 20 on G60? Does any additional modifications need to be done?

No idea mate but you can probably work it out. I guess the system identification at the start of the thread might help. To a certain extent you could probably identify your parts compared with the teves 02 list ie does the servo have a sensor on it and is it a pin type fitting on the pedal, is there a bias valve on the rear axle and what does your abs pump look like. I don't know what your abs sensors look like but search for mk3 sensors and check yours look similar, they could be a pain if they don't just fit like for like onto the g60 brake setup.

As for the wiring I don't see why the fuse box would be wired any differently but the only way of knowing for sure would be to get a wiring diagram for a VR6 and a g60 side by side. If you have a Bentley manual that should be doable. The fuse box diagrams are quite easy to follow.

Good luck!