Chris Langdon

Help HT Leads needed!!!

Just phoned up my local VW Dealer to be told the bloody HT leads are now OBSULUTE I cant believe this has anybody got a set of Red ones for a 94 ABV rado that are mint they want to sell any help I would be most grateful

regards

Langers

Hi,

I don't think you could do better than to buy a set of Magnacor leads. If you order them through the British distributor (no pun intended)

you'll even get a discount for being in the forum. They are the best produced and will last very well. No water ingress, no hassle. - and they are available in red!

cheers, vcl

I bought these as well Chris , very good leads . Got mine in black . Thought i told you the vw ones were obsolete , when i was looking for a set ?

Rob

Are they obsolete through ford as well?

When I got mine some UK dealers had them on stock as he could check colour before sending them.

Are they obsolete through ford as well?

When I got mine some UK dealers had them on stock as he could check colour before sending them.

ah now that's a good point, but ive managed to get a set ;)

Hi,

I don't think you could do better than to buy a set of Magnacor leads. If you order them through the British distributor (no pun intended)

you'll even get a discount for being in the forum. They are the best produced and will last very well. No water ingress, no hassle. - and they are available in red!

cheers, vcl

arnt these to thick to fit in the vr6 engine cover? i swear i herd somewhere they were? thinking of buying some.

Yep, need to be 7mm to fit. I have them on mine (were on when I bought it) in blue and are 8mm, and tbh I think they look a little scruffy because they don't fit in the guides.

arnt these to thick to fit in the vr6 engine cover? i swear i herd somewhere they were? thinking of buying some.

Mine fit absolutely perfecly ?

They fit in with a little filing of the retaining lip on the guides, but I didn't want to do that. I've tried a fair amount of force to get them in, but didn't want to go too hard for fear of breaking something!

Thats the strange thing Sean , i ordered 7mm , when they arrived i looked at the leads and i cant remember now without uncovering the car in the dark , but i thought it said 8mm on the leads ,but ive just checked the invoice and it does say 7mm . To satisfy my on curiosity i will have a look tomorrow when i get home from work . But as i said they did fit as they should in the clips .

Mines got 10 mm Red Beru's and they fit in fine but had to take the plastic lugs right off, they hav'nt got the hard plastic coat on outside like VW'S (also made by Bremi/Beru)so bit more pliable, had lugs off as used to have Magnecors but build qual. on them is ropey, not near VW or Beru slung them after bout 6 months, no way worth the money. Might be OK for a while if you fit and never take them off.

I'd only use VW or Beru/Bremi (I'm told same company), miles better than anything else if was you, only reason I got the fatter ones was because had already modified the holders, look nice but sure standard work just as well.