luke w

New classifieds feedback thread

^^^ iknow how annoying

and i bet the mods are finding it so annoying having to sort it for people, my ht leads have been in panjo thing for 2 weeks cant be bothered to hassle the mods to move it.

i was going to start and sell my vr stuff (but think ill just hold onto it haha just in case) ive been holding on to but dont wanna do a thread for every part as there would be loads of them and then if you put them all in one thread the pics wont go next to the description and price and it could get a little confusing and annoying

this must be a head bake if your breaking a car, or is that thread as normal?

to make it clear im not moaning about panjo i think its really easy to use as fast as before and if you have one item to sell its fine and really easy and the adds look good, except some peoples threads dont go on the forum for sale threads and then if you have multiple items to sell it would be a right farce tbh

Edited by perksy

Is it a paid subscription for panjo to host this, or whatever they do in computer speak?

Just thinking maybe it's time to admit defeat, and cut and run............

I haven't tried using the new system but I don't see what was wrong with the old. It's such a small community that bad eggs get found out anyway.

Same problem for me again today - listed 2 items (nitrous setup and an illuminated indicator talk that I made a few years back) - one has made it through to the forum and the other hasn't. This is very frustrating re. the adverts, as unless people go checking the classifieds they're not going to see this. Is there anything that can be done to rectify this please?

It's only Andi who can sort this out as far as I know - I've got absolutely no idea how the new system works unfortunately :( Sure he'll get a chance to get on the forum at some point in the next couple of days and take a look.

I'll have to talk with Panjo technical support as to why the posts are unreliable.

The 'solution' may be to hide the forums they post into and force you to use the Classifieds link...

It will have to wait until next week due to the holidays.

The only reason for leaving the forums visible were due to the old adverts still being in there and Tapatalk users. I'll see what solutions they can offer before I tell them to F off.... Haha

My advert's that hadn't migrated had not sure when they did however :shrug: Also even though I posted the adds on my laptop I am able to view them on Tapatalk on the phone.There is always going to be teething problem's with anything and people don't like change in general one thing I will say is the pics are alot better.

The issue I have is that whenever testing, I can never get these problems to occur! Argh!

I've been off sick with food poisoning (green vomit, nice!) so will look into this shortly.

Yep same here, just put 2 ads on and only one showing in the 'Parts for Sale' section on the forum.

I can see them all, Dave.

It's just the Spam filter Moderating them. The Mods make them live when they get caught up.

It's just the Spam filter Moderating them. The Mods make them live when they get caught up.

Ditto yeah your's were visible alot quicker than mine were :rolleyes: Though it may have been due to no mod's being about at the time :D

The steering wheel is not showing up yet.

The steering wheel is not showing up yet.

I can see it Dave - Leather Steering Wheel Ideal For A Retrim £15?

I can see it Dave - Leather Steering Wheel Ideal For A Retrim £15?

Yes in the Panjo classifieds but not in the Forum 'Parts for Sale' section.

The forum sections will soon be invisible (they are only there for the legacy items before the change over) so no need to stress about it.

The forum sections will soon be invisible (they are only there for the legacy items before the change over) so no need to stress about it.

So does this mean when you click the banner for 'new posts since last login' you don't get to see new classifieds? You will need to click on the classifieds button at the top?

So I placed 2 adverts yesterday one immediately after the other and the same is happening - the first one doesn't show up in the 'parts for sale' section but the second one does.

I'm trying to find some time with the Panjo support team to iron that bug out... Will let you know.

I'm trying to find some time with the Panjo support team to iron that bug out... Will let you know.

Ok Andi.

Dave

Right, the Panjo team are looking into it.

I would like to get it all reliable so confidence is increased - I'm sorry to those who feel they're "missed out" because one of their items has not posted to the forum.

There's not a lot I can do to change those - sorry - but we're trying to fix it so it doesn't happen again.

And disregard what I said earlier in the the thread - I don't want to hide the forum parts as I realise the 'feedback' section and mobile users are both valuable functions.

I'll update this thread as I get more feedback for the Panjo techies.

Looks like it's an issue in Panjo and not with The CF directly.

We've narrowed it down to:

"if a user is creating a listing, previews it, clicks on "edit listing" from the preview page, and then clicks on "Post item for sale", then the tab closes instead of taking them to a success page. this results in the item posting on panjo, but no thread gets created‏"

Does that sound like it was possible, Dave (and the others who had issues)?

Further update from Panjo.

The bug has been found and there will be a new release on Monday to fix this issue.

I'll install it as soon as I can to ensure it's quashed on here, too.

Hi Guys,

Nice to meet all of you. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Juan and I'm "Head of Product" at Panjo.

I just wanted to chime in and let you guys know that we fixed the bug that was preventing threads from being created. Also, we made major changes to how message emails work last week. Not only are the emails more useful, you can simply reply to them to continue the conversation.

We appreciate all the great feedback in this thread. If any of you have any additional questions or suggestions, you can reach me directly at [email protected].

Thanks for trying us out. We have a lot of great, significant, improvements coming down the line that I think you guys will really like.

- Juan

I tried buying something through the new system last night,

Four times I filled out the forms,name,address phone number etc etc,every time i got to the payment page,it said credit card not valid,I wasn't even using a credit card,I was trying to use paypal that comes straight out of my bank !

In the end I just sent the payment as a gift,(I had his paypal address)

This new system to me,seemed very long winded,and just didn't work !

When using paypal,why do I have to fill out my address ? It sends it automatically !

A big thanks too Cazza for selling me the bits "old school"