-=Kris=-

VR6 Ignition leads... VW no longer supply! :(

So my ignition leads are buggered and there are a fair few out there, so can anyone suggest what the best available VR6 ignition leads are and where i can get them?

Thanks!

Have a look at the search , there's a lot on which ones to get . I got the magnacor ones as the Vw ones are now deleted . There are a few on the market .

Rob

The best ones by far were the VW ones, but everyone moaned about the price of them, bought cheap shyte ones instead and then demand fell off completely, so VW stopped them. Can't say I blame them.

Quality of construction, how long they last, how well they fit into the plastics, how well the lengths have been, how nicely the ends "clink" onto the plugs etc etc.

I liked how VW bonded the wire into the ends so that it didn't pull out, like a set of GSF leads did to me once.

How do you rate the dubpower leads Kev? Your obviously a man with experience, and I have a set of magnecor leads but I have to force them into the guides, and they're also blue which isn't a great colour combo with a green car imo. I've been thinking of replacing them with dubpower standard black is all, then selling on the current set.

Cheers mate!

When this came up a while back it was said they dont fit . Heres a pic of my magnacor leads 7mm and in black . They fit perfectly and blend in with the rest of the pipe work thats also in black .

IMG_1581.jpg

Rob

See that looks good Rob. Mine are 8mm though and blue, so want to change them for something that looks more original. :thumbleft:

Thanks mate , i know they sell them in 10mm ,saying you get extra power and a better spark or something , which we all know is crap . Ive seen these on peoples cars they have just bought and are tiding things up as we all do , these are the ones that are too big ,wont sit in the resess and make the bay untidy .

Ive got a spare set of vw oem ones kicking around if anyone wants them? £30 delivered

You are a Forum hero matey and a nice chap to boot :salute:

Damn.... I should have waited before ordering the Magnicores now... Oh well... As long as I'm firing on all cylinders I'm happy...!

How come you have wired them not following the grooves normally?

Might be on purpose or an error or the lead lengths? I just noticed them crossing over and am curious.

When this came up a while back it was said they dont fit . Heres a pic of my magnacor leads 7mm and in black . They fit perfectly and blend in with the rest of the pipe work thats also in black .

IMG_1581.jpg

Rob

I got a set of the cheapo BBT ones from GSF and I've got no complaints whatsoever. Not entirely sure how you judge them though tbh...