Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

GB - Audioscape Door Pods - update 03/08

OK, just to clarify the offers:-

10+ Pods = £135 each

10+ Pods with 6.5" Focal Access 165A components = £250 - http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/catimages ... s/165a.jpg

10+ Pods with 6.5" Focal Polyglass 165 V2 components = £290 - http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/catimages ... /165v2.jpg

10+ Pods with 6.5" SEAS Lotus Performance components = £480 - http://www.seaslotus.com/performancerange.asp

Carriage is £10.

Some good savings to be had there.

The 1st & 2nd options are good value and the ones to go for if you want a good sound.

The Polyglass has a better crossover, alloy woofer basket (plastic on Access), more rigid cone and a better crossover.

The 3rd option is the mutts, but quite expensive as the Speakers are £360 on their own normally.

So can I have names please and what you want.

Cheers

Kev

Kevin,

As before, am still interested.

Black vinyl, switches in pod. Could I just have the holes cut for 6.5", I'll have to source the speakers from somewhere else.

Cheers,

Rica

Kevin,

Just black finish with late EW slots please, holes cut for 6.5" (i've already got speakers to go in)

Cheers,

Andy

What do I do now???? Do you still want me to sort this GB out or shall I leave it to kevhaywire, ?

help?

cheers

Stuart

Up to you Stuart. James was saying he hadn't heard from you for a while and assumed the GB was off.

As you started it, you can see it to conclusion if you want? I was just trying to kick start it again as interest seemed to tail off.

So, here's the list again to save trauling through.....

Mike Edwards,

rradodth,

dazzyvr6,

kevhaywire, - Confirmed. Black. Late spec

A20 LEE,

Combine,

Rado16v,

Ka`, - Confirmed. Black. Late spec

brian g60 corrado

Stuart - Confirmed - ?. ?

Yash - Confirmed - ?. Late spec

Andy665 - Confirmed - ?. ?

AndyT - Confirmed - Black. Late spec

Unless they know what speakers you're putting in, they can't cut the holes. So you'd need to speak to them on a one-to-one basis about that.

6 definites, 4 more needed for the good price :lol:

I will be in at the 10+ price

Grey, holes cut for 6.5"

I live close to Audioscape so I would prefer to pay them direct and collect.

Is this possible????

Who running the group buy now MrBeige or Kevhaywire?? is it up to the people to decide???

Ok Kev, I'll carry on if you that's ok? Sould see it through to be fair!!!! Ok the below list is up to date now

Mike Edwards, ????

dazzyvr6, ????

Combine, Confirmed Grey Late Spec

Rado16v, Confirmed Black Late spec

Ka`, , - Confirmed. Black. Late spec

brian g60 corrado, ????

Stuart, - Confirmed - Black Early spec

Yash, - Confirmed - Black Late spec

AndyT, - Confirmed - Black. Late spec

sampayne, Confirmed Grey. Early Spec

That's 8 confirmed, but I need just a few people yet to confirm colour and/or spec

OK Guys???

You have my full attention :wink:

Right you are Stu, ball's back in your court :lol:

I spoke to James today and he said he's happy to speak to people about their speaker requirements as they can get hold of anything at competetive prices. He's on 01473 327510

And if people want the holes cut out, then we need speaker cutout diameters please.

Kev

Afraid I'm going to have to duck out, driveshaft has snapped on my Racing Puma, replacement shaft alone is £260 so its a choice of door pods or getting that done - sorry

Ok Kev, I'll carry on if you that's ok? Sould see it through to be fair!!!! Ok the below list is up to date now

b]Mike Edwards[/b], ????

dazzyvr6, ????

Ka`, , - Confirmed. Black. Late spec

brian g60 corrado, ????

Andy665, Cancelled.

AndyT, - Confirmed - Black. Late spec

sampayne, Confirmed Grey Late/Early Spec????????

That's 8 confirmed, but I need just a few people yet to confirm colour and/or spec

OK Guys???

You have my full attention :wink:

Early spec please

sampayne

Early spec please

No probs. do you guys want some?

Mike Edwards, ????

Just need 1 more....

brian g60 corrado, ???? Confirmed. Black. Late spec?

kevhaywire, - Confirmed. Black. Late spec - Order collected.

Ka`, - Confirmed. Black. Late spec

AndyT, - Confirmed - Black. Late spec - 148 diameter cutout.

sampayne, Confirmed Grey Early Spec

Shweeet

Stuart

Just to confirm quickly...

If I have the pods without holes, it doesn't mean I lose anything, I just have to bodge them myself later on?

Cheers,

Rica

Yep just means you'll have to cut the holes yourself but if you know the speaker's cut-out diameter, Audioscape can do it. They use diamond cutting tools so the hole will be dead central and perfectly round. I wouldn't fancy hacking it with a jigsaw myself!

Agree with Kev on this you need to get Audioscape to do this, ive seen what happens if you get it wrong and its not pretty. If you dont know what speakers your getting then get them to cut the normal whole size (5 inch i think).

You are better changing your speakers than f*****g about with the quality finish

Mark

OK boys and girls, and here they are in the flesh, so to speak.

The quality is absolutely faultless. They're over twice the weight and rigidity of the flimsy OE plastic ones. And because they're so heavy, make sure you use plenty of screws to secure them to the door card. You can only use a couple of the original holes, the rest will need adding yourself.

Mine came prepared to accept my particular speakers, even the holes predrilled for the screws in the right locations and the mounting surface prelined with foam. The little internal cabinets are also lined with foam.

They absolutlely rock. You will not be dissapointed.

Wow they look even better than the mk2 golf ones I had, and they were faultless! 8)

I'll have my speaker holes cut to Ø148mm please if you want to add it to the list :D

Andy T, Cutout diameter duly noted :lol:

Yeah they are superb and make the door card feel and look shabby by comparison! To be honest, the entire back of the card needs coating with chop strand and resin to make it as rigid as the speaker pod, but it's not easiest procedure in the world and it's expensive, smelly stuff.

The best bit though:- Check the speaker size difference between original and Audioscape :mrgreen:

Now another thing to note, the pods are so rigid, you'll need plenty of screws all round the pod to ensure the card pulls tightly against it, otherwise you'll get airleaks and the card will have to come off again, so make sure it's all air tight before it goes back on the door.

I would even go as far as to say screw the card rigidly to door (be careful where you drill and with screw length).

Sounds overkill, but trust me, when 100W is going through these babies, they'll fart and rattle the door if preventative measures are not taken.

K

hi mr biege pm sent .and yes i am still in for 6.5 pods in black ,also is it worth getting the focal 6.5 165 AT £109.

WHAT ARE OTHER PEOPLE running in these bigger pods.

cheers.stu. 8)

brian

hi mr biege pm sent .and yes i am still in for 6.5 pods in black ,also is it worth getting the focal 6.5 165 AT £109.

WHAT ARE OTHER PEOPLE running in these bigger pods.

cheers.stu. 8)

brian

Will be putting Infinity Kappa 6.5" components in the pods wen I eventually get them.

So have we got 10 people now?

No we've only got 9 including Brian.

Brian, do you need electric window switch holes and we need to know the speaker cutout diameter too.

I've put SEAS Lotus 6.5" components in mine.

Just had a thought, if we struggle to get a tenth person, we could all chip in to buy the 10th set, then sell it on ebay for a profit

:mrgreen: