Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Wiper-less tailgate

Has anyone got a pic of a C without the rear wiper? From a full rear-on view?

I rarely use mine so am considering losing it.

I would rather see a pic first to help make my mind up before getting the spanners out :lol:

Cheers

Kev

Has anyone got a pic of a C without the rear wiper? From a full rear-on view?

I rarely use mine so am considering losing it.

I would rather see a pic first to help make my mind up before getting the spanners out :lol:

Cheers

Kev

Heres some pics of mine, quite possibly one of my fave cheap mods, looking out the rear window looks so clear and clutter free now, not to mention the weight saved.

I never used it, only sometimes as a snow plough. I kept all the parts as usual incase it needs to go back to original.

Cheers mate.

That does tidy up the rear end quite considerably actually.

On the to-do-list for tomorrow then!

K

Ive done the same, plus i removed the wiper motor but saved a little weight i guess :)

bit tricky to get it out tho

Chris

Ive done the same, plus i removed the wiper motor but saved a little weight i guess :)

bit tricky to get it out tho

Chris

I've taken the wiper motor out too, u got too otherwise u have a big metal thing sticking up.

yea it does take a bit of twisting and turning but comes out without havein to take any of the spoiler parts out.

I've also removed the rear wiper and had the hole plated by a bodyshop. Had the roof aerial and tow eye in the bumper removed at the same time. IMO definitely makes the back look alot smoother.

Apply some Rain X to the glass and it stays water free very easily :)

i'm going to tackle it today, i'll get some pictures of the 'hole' (ha ha) operation. i got carried away yesterday, i took the rear bumper off to smooth over that funny ridge that runs round, half way down, and ended up welding up the holes after my 'corrado' badge started to fall off. i might weld the arial hole as well. i've got to get it painted now anyway.

I've also removed the rear wiper and had the hole plated by a bodyshop. Had the roof aerial and tow eye in the bumper removed at the same time. IMO definitely makes the back look alot smoother.

Apply some Rain X to the glass and it stays water free very easily :)

Asim,

How much of the car have you had painted?

took mine off too, looks so much better without it. Top tip..... remove the bracket from the wiper motor, dont try and get the bracket and motor out as one piece as it takes a lot a swearing if they are still together.

Cheers guys, that's exactly what I was wanting to see :lol:

Asim, you've gone for the permanent removal then, LOL! The back end looks great with those cream headrests. In fact the whole car with those wheels and the cream gives it a very luxurious and inviting look. Must be a nice place to be :lol:

You must be one nervous man taking your car into Sainsburys!

I'll be taking the motor out aswell, seems silly leaving it there doing nothing. Thanks for the warning of it being awkward to get out!

K

Hey guys. How much is one looking at to get the rear of ones car dewipered and debadged at a body shop then? Nothing more, just debadged and wipered, i.e. holes sprayed over and blended in.

regards

right heres some pics, it all took about 5 mins, and yes remove the bracket be for you attemp the removal. i hope this helps any one. the remaining hole can be covered by a blanking grommet painted body colour.

Ian is writing a pictorial step by step guide to how to mod a 'Raddo.. Beware Barry Bentley :wink:

Hey guys. How much is one looking at to get the rear of ones car dewipered and debadged at a body shop then? Nothing more, just debadged and wipered, i.e. holes sprayed over and blended in.

regards

Really depends on the bodyshop you take it to, colour etc. Welding up the wiper hole is tricky as it is v close to the glass. Some bodyshops will insist on taoking the glass out just in case they crack it. Best to get quotes from 2-3 half decent/recommended workshops for the job and then take it from there.

I colour coded a grommet (as per g60bv) to put in the hole, so if you don't want to go the same lengths as Asim, it's a good compromise. It just looks like a factory option that wasn't fitted, but a lot neater than the old LHD/RHD blanking grommets on the MK2 front scuttle!

I would also glue the grommet in to prevent you accidentally pressing it through the hole when you wash the car.

K

This has been done to mine too. Looks great and using Rain X or Ombrello helps keep the window clear in the rain.

Doh.....it rained this morning and guess who flicked the rear wiper on this morning??? Gonna have to get used to it not being there!