Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Wiper-less tailgate

now do i want a mushroom, tapered musroom, bung, tapered bung, blind / blanking grommet, pvs or rubber..... ha ha... what a thing to be looking at at midnight!!!

thanks though :lol:

and where did you get your gromets??

did you ever get a pic kev?

I don't think I did actually, I'll take a snap when I get home.....

Cool, tidys up the rear end quite considerably!

Are those 16" steels you've got on there? They look pretty good in an old school kind of way. I like :lol:

Here's mine.

.. Ahem..

Ignoring the obvious double entendre for now, I just thought I'd comment on your wheels, biggrim. They're probably seriously unfashionable, I know, but I always had a soft spot for those retro looking steel wheels on the old VWs. Looks kinda cool, in an anti-cool way.. :)

Halfords do a mixed bag of various sized grommets, got mine from there. Typical Halfords though, buy a bag of grommets, select the one that's the rights size, put rest away in case you need them ( i.e never).

Cool, tidys up the rear end quite considerably!

Are those 16" steels you've got on there? They look pretty good in an old school kind of way. I like :lol:

i could be wrong but think there 15" g60 steels

jedi-knight83, Think ideally abouit 14mm? Halfords one was 13mm but good enough for me with a bit of sealant on the underside.

jedi-knight83, Think ideally abouit 14mm? Halfords one was 13mm but good enough for me with a bit of sealant on the underside.

Thats what i did... :D

Yep, one of the ones from the Halfords bag of assorted ones does the trick and yep glue it in and seal it from the underside to prevent it accidentally being pushed through the hole.

Thanks guys. They are indeed 15 inch steelies and they'll have to do the job till I can afford the alloys I want. The car suits them quite well IMHO so not in too much of a hurry to spend cash (that i don't have) on some rims.

Here's mine.

.. Ahem..

Ignoring the obvious double entendre for now, I just thought I'd comment on your wheels, biggrim. They're probably seriously unfashionable, I know, but I always had a soft spot for those retro looking steel wheels on the old VWs. Looks kinda cool, in an anti-cool way.. :)

They'll never catch on :wink:

I could never do without the rear wiper. I used my brothers car yesterday (saloon) when it was raining and it just did my head in not being able to see clearly out the back.

The corrado wiper too me was always a pain, could never turn the sucker off, maybe it was a dodgy mech, but as long as i can see out the front and got my mirrors im happy. :)

Hey stick with the steelies, they look cool 8)

As for the rear wiper - I'm getting mine modded to a Lupo one so it matches the front and most importantly WORKS! :) I like being able to see people disappear behind me ;)

I know what Crazymarcel means about turning the bugger off though.. I think you have to push the lever once to turn it on, then again to turn it off... but I'm not entirely sure :roll:

right then people!

i know its been a while since this thread was started but i wanna do this today and was wondering how the heck you get the wiper arm off first before you can remove the mech from inside the boot?

also am i correct in saying i need a 14mm grommet for best fit?

cheers,

Here's mine.

Damn they're fine steelies!! I approve (I think they came with G60's in europe - prepared to be proven wrong mind)

not so sure about the rear diffuser/spoiler thingy though.

horses n'all that